Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.
Blizzard,

Whoever came up with this sheer fisting of a patch can go gently caress themselves. Do me a favor so I don't waste my team's time on this kind of jackass poo poo-fest again, send me an email at brigole@bittysteal.net when you decide to:

B) Implement a balance patch that wasn't designed by a cowboy chained to a cubicle
B.)Get a Quality Assurance Department
C) Actually beta test the loving thing and
D) Patch it live. And please for god's sake -- do it in the order I laid out for you. Don't worry, I won't charge you a consulting fee on that one. And for good luck you might as well
E) Pull your heads out of your asses.

While you're at it rename the game to RentseekerWatch since you've used up you're alotted false advertising karma on user rug-pull of PvE. Fix the comms reverb bug. Fix Kirko teleport. Rethink your time-sink bullshit. Buff that motherfucking Lifeweaver (I suggest you let whoever designed Ana one do this since that dude apparently laid off the crack the rest of you were smoking). Fix the matchmaking. Fix matchmaking queues. (just guessing it's hosed up considering your track record). Don't have the resources to fix this stuff? Move the ENTIRE Diablo 4 team over to fixing Overwatch AND DO IT NOW. If you don't fix/remove Cassidy nade, you jackassess will be the only ones playing the Overwatch: Invasion.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4g2ler/jeff_tigole_kaplan_forum_rant_from_his_eq_days/

Edit:for whatever reason I thought it was canon that it had SO MANY spelling/grammer errors, but the archive.org copy of the OG rant is clean. I guess the subreddit must have/had a filter that bans the OG copypasta

im depressed lol fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jun 19, 2023

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Between cassidy, lifeweaver, the comms reverb bug and general chumpfuckery, this has been a cromulent fuckcrustable of a patch.

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

Do we know if the PvE is going to be purchasable with the arcade "premium" coins?

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

New video with more footage and info on Season 6

im depressed lol posted:

Do we know if the PvE is going to be purchasable with the arcade "premium" coins?

That sounds like a sensible policy the Overwatch team would be cool with but Blizzard corporate would veto with extreme prejudice. It would give players who have close to $15 worth of premium coins incentive to forego Season 5 items and grind out a few more weeks of coins instead of dropping an additional $15 on the Invasion Bundle. That means ActiBlizz number might go up slightly slower than it otherwise would. Shareholders no like.

Dick Jones fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jun 21, 2023

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

The amount of time &consistency to play to accrue that many weekly challenge coins, you'd think they would like to reward the loyalty of the types of players who played consistently enough to do that.

Gotta have a loyal player-base there, for whatever reason would the whales buy the shop poo poo if no one is playing.

:chaostrump:

im depressed lol fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jun 22, 2023

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/portergauge/status/1670290725228150785

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

They've been reducing what you can get with free currency on other games like HS - no way in hell they'll let you get anything decent in OW for free.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
A whole lot of 2-0verwatch being played in the OWWC qualfifiers so far.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
In honor of the late Iron Shiek, here's your result from today's Overwatch World Cup Qualifiers:

USA 2, CANADA HACK-PATOOEY!

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

SirFozzie posted:

In honor of the late Iron Shiek, here's your result from today's Overwatch World Cup Qualifiers:

USA 2, CANADA HACK-PATOOEY!

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Hello fellow Emongg watcher.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I have artificially inflated the World Cup viewing numbers by leaving it muted in a tab but I wanted the orange Zen and Rammatra skins so whatever

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
https://twitter.com/mizliz_/status/1672757806770929666

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
yeah, they deserved that map loss. Apparently their tank that map hadn't played Tank since OW1.

Hydron has being offered 50 Gift Subs to play Rein. Hydron thought management approved it.

SirFozzie fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jun 25, 2023

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
"1 v 1 torb only, Kings Row, no E (***), for the map!"

That situation actually happened today.

Saudi Arabia - Turkey. Just a quick explainer,. Saudis steamrolled on attack, finishing with 4:15 in the bank. Saudi Arabia also completed in OT thanks to a Saudi C9. So, with 4:15 in their timebank, Saudis decided their best strategy was to challenge Turkey to a 1v1, Torbjorn, Hammer only, No using the E ability. If Turkey won, Saudi would draw the map (by not touching the point).

*** Of course, the saudi player was the first torb to break the No E (the other player pressed E in response) , and won the 1v1 and then took the point while everyone was calling cheating in match chat. *laughs*

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

another insignificant buff for lifeweaver today, and would you believe he still sucks?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

d0grent posted:

another insignificant buff for lifeweaver today, and would you believe he still sucks?

they can do all they want to his numbers, it's extraordinarily difficult to find value in his utility and said value pales in comparison to speed or anti or damage boost

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I've put a ton of hours into Lifeweaver purely because everyone said how terrible he is. He does take effort, but drat he's fun as hell. Having lock on healing on console is huge, he has my highest healing per 10 minutes by nearly 1k. You have to pay attention to when enemy tanks have ult, but you can seriously gently caress them up by throwing a pedal at the perfect time. He can also escape situations where you should die by using the jump when pedal gets to its max height along with dash. The reduction in weapon spread does help, I found it way easier to take people out. If you're smart, you can make it work really well. I get that other supports can do more with less effort, but it isn't as fun for me.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Live At Five! posted:

I've put a ton of hours into Lifeweaver purely because everyone said how terrible he is. He does take effort, but drat he's fun as hell. Having lock on healing on console is huge, he has my highest healing per 10 minutes by nearly 1k. You have to pay attention to when enemy tanks have ult, but you can seriously gently caress them up by throwing a pedal at the perfect time. He can also escape situations where you should die by using the jump when pedal gets to its max height along with dash. The reduction in weapon spread does help, I found it way easier to take people out. If you're smart, you can make it work really well. I get that other supports can do more with less effort, but it isn't as fun for me.

Totally agreed, i like the character a lot.

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
the elevator needs to be a shortly existing jump pad or something... currently its too awkard and buggy.

i have had the elevator not work before because it was like 1 inch under me on stairs

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Did they ever address the bug where his ult was putting wayyyy more healing onto the scoreboard than it actually was doing?

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

https://overwatch.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23968777/

There's going to be an Overwatch anime mini-series on YouTube called Genesis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIYMn8eDskg

the article also has some more details about Flashpoint mode and another peek at the S6 support hero.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObZtS-Vl7wQ

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

In the replies she also says that he said "his pocket mercy" healing other people was "cucking" him.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Tuxedo Gin posted:

In the replies she also says that he said "his pocket mercy" healing other people was "cucking" him.

of course he did

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
so the australian servers have been down for a week now and there's no official reply on the forums or any word of any maintenance so I can only assume they have just shut down the servers for good.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

We now have confirmation that the three story missions playable at past Blizzcons are the only thing coming to the table for now.

Kotaku posted:

Overwatch 2’s long-awaited story missions start rolling out next month on August 10, but from the sound of it, the three levels that launch in the first wave will be the only ones that launch in 2023.

News of this comes from executive producer Jared Neuss, who said on a stream with Twitch streamer and ex-San Francisco Shock player Emongg that fans shouldn’t expect new story missions in the next two seasons following the initial August 10 launch. Overwatch 2 seasons are nine weeks long, and season 6, the one that begins on August 15 just after the missions launch, will last until approximately mid-October. So if we shouldn’t expect any new story missions in seasons 7 or 8, then it sounds like whatever story content is coming after the first batch won’t be out until 2024.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

:lol::lol::lol:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

That's a big oof, I was expecting them to have more unseen content to canibalize before they had to do some actual work.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
what were they doing for the past three years lol

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

loving hell, how badly was this thing being mismanaged

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Who watches over the Overwatch team?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

So many questions. Why even announce this before the three missions come out. If I was still playing, this to me would be another reason to not spend the money on the missions. I’m assuming these missions will end on a cliffhanger. You’re gunna be waiting at least four months to get the follow up.

If they knew there were only three missions ready this year, why didn’t they stick one in each of the upcoming battle passes to make them look like better value?

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
"we'll talk about PvE next year"

Holy moly.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
That'll be $15 for a single map of generic robot enemy waves and some ambiguous, noncommittal dialogue between characters for a story that never updates, loyal Overwatch player. We will consider doing it again in half a year.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Dugong posted:

If they knew there were only three missions ready this year, why didn’t they stick one in each of the upcoming battle passes to make them look like better value?

with this announcement especially, the story missions are feeling like an attempt to cash out on work already completed rather than building a solid foundation for the future, so a wildly overpriced $15 bundle makes more sense than sticking it into a battle pass most people already invested in the game are going to be buying as it is

it's a strategy that craters any remaining faith in your ability to produce PVE content in a timely manner for the few remaining people who were willing to accept the story mission compromise, but if you just want immediate cash with no concern for future consequences then it's the play to make

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

so the australian servers have been down for a week now and there's no official reply on the forums or any word of any maintenance so I can only assume they have just shut down the servers for good.

look some no name moron at kotaku just posted an unsourced claim on twitter that ow still has tons and tons of players and population is through the roof and no i can't share the numbers with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

lol what are you talking about. I was literally just on Syd2, and it's been fine the last couple of nights.