Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

syntaxfunction posted:

I said feminise not castrate what the gently caress is wrong with you

Sometimes you gotta take shortcuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

The bird website is dead. Thus ushering in the second golden age of the something awful forums.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Lammasu posted:

Elon turned down a threesome. Who does he think he is, Woolie?

I got that reference wearing a Woolie VS Shirt and chuckled.

Sadly Elon can't even play MvC3

CaptainZot
Aug 11, 2000

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

The bird website is dead. Thus ushering in the second golden age of the something awful forums.
How many golden ages do we get?

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/dimdenEFF/status/1675234201866493952

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/old-twitter-layout-2023/jgejdcdoeeabklepnkdbglgccjpdgpmf

Apparently, this both bypasses the rate limit and performs much better than the official layout.

https://twitter.com/dimdenEFF/status/1675243160778178561

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it doesnt bypass rate limit for me - you can get the timeline to work with some refreshing but people's profiles dont load. but maybe its because i already hit rate limit on regular twitter.

also fox news had a segment where they compared elon to xi jinping for this tonight so maybe that'll get him to fix it

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

I think one issue with all the rate limit fixes getting posted is people still don't understand that that Elon is lying about it being a daily limit. Usually these systems just block you for a few minutes or whatever, which is about as long it takes to perform the "fixes."

It's like if you saw lightning once and did a little dance before the thunder came and decided that the dance is what caused the thunder.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there was definitely a period this morning where the basic timeline was working perfectly and then it started spitting errors at me, so i believe there is some kind of attempt at rate limiting, but also just refreshing the page a lot usually works, and random things do/don't work even before or after this

i believe that hes *trying* to impose some kind of rate limit, but also, separately, the site is completely broken. so individual 'fixes' are going to work for some people and not others

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The Saddest Rhino posted:

yeah the rumour is he wanted noted racist Iggy Azalea but then panicked when Azaelia Banks appeared so he locked himself and Grimes in the closet while she happily did instagram stories at their bedroom

The difficulty with that line of thinking is that both Azalea (Iggy) and Azaelia (Banks) have had a history of posting racist and homophobic stuff.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

The Question IRL posted:

The difficulty with that line of thinking is that both Azalea (Iggy) and Azaelia (Banks) have had a history of posting racist and homophobic stuff.

Does Elon seem like the kind of person who would feel ambushed and defensive if a strong Black woman was accidentally invited into his house?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you could leave out 'strong' and 'woman' and still be correct

edit: you could also leave out 'accidentally invited into his house'

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

yeah i assume Jack Black would exude way too much coolness to cause musk to hide in a closet as well

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
How long before he announces that breaking twitter was all a deliberate puppetmaster to own the libs?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Jestery posted:

Does Elon seem like the kind of person who would feel ambushed and defensive if a strong Black woman was accidentally invited into his house?

Oh, of course. There has to have been a reason why Elon would invite her over and ghost her. I'm hinting that he wasn't hiding from her due to her history of saying offensive things, but instead, it was over his documented behaviour.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Endorph posted:

it doesnt bypass rate limit for me - you can get the timeline to work with some refreshing but people's profiles dont load. but maybe its because i already hit rate limit on regular twitter.

also fox news had a segment where they compared elon to xi jinping for this tonight so maybe that'll get him to fix it

But Musk loves Xi

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Also more immigration. But the same people complaining about population collapse are also generally anti-immigration, because what they really care about is white population collapse.

The fact that Western Europe, The US and Eastern Asia are desperate for young adults while millions of young adults live in poverty in countries like Nigeria because there aren’t enough jobs are asinine

In the end, we as a global society need to allow free migration so that people live where there are resources and infrastructure to support them. It would lead to life getting better for those who are left too (most people prefer living around the places they were born if possible), and migrant workers both send money home that bolster the local economy and invest in businesses at home where they expect that the same rules we have here are followed. It’s also very likely they become more tolerant for LGBT+ persons and other ethnicities

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Is nitter now dead as well? I used it a few times to get around twitter's bs but it's now saying that users and tweets don't exist.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Are you so sure the error is wrong?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

mobby_6kl posted:

Is nitter now dead as well? I used it a few times to get around twitter's bs but it's now saying that users and tweets don't exist.

Since the alleged rate limit, yes.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Usually when you guys in the thread are talking about Twitter being broken it’s been working fine for me. I assumed it was because I’m in Canada and on a different server than most of you. But the last few days it’s been totally screwed up, even when logged in. Elon definitely hosed something up with the code lol

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Usually when you guys in the thread are talking about Twitter being broken it’s been working fine for me. I assumed it was because I’m in Canada and on a different server than most of you. But the last few days it’s been totally screwed up, even when logged in. Elon definitely hosed something up with the code lol

If he's hosed around and finding out with his upstream hosting, he's hosed in ~The Cloud~ and it doesn't matter where you are.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Especially when it coincides with Reddit taking cues from Elmo

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Anders posted:

The fact that Western Europe, The US and Eastern Asia are desperate for young adults while millions of young adults live in poverty in countries like Nigeria because there aren’t enough jobs are asinine

In the end, we as a global society need to allow free migration so that people live where there are resources and infrastructure to support them. It would lead to life getting better for those who are left too (most people prefer living around the places they were born if possible), and migrant workers both send money home that bolster the local economy and invest in businesses at home where they expect that the same rules we have here are followed. It’s also very likely they become more tolerant for LGBT+ persons and other ethnicities
Certainly not against immigration (though it's not a simple and easy fix for everything either) but really we first need to unfuck our countries so that people can afford to and want to have children.

Sentient Data posted:

Are you so sure the error is wrong?
No, since I can't check on actual twitter. But seems unlikely that the few people I occasionally checked out deleted their accounts at the same time.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Asgerd posted:

How long before he announces that breaking twitter was all a deliberate puppetmaster to own the libs?

he's already done it, i think

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

mobby_6kl posted:

Certainly not against immigration (though it's not a simple and easy fix for everything either) but really we first need to unfuck our countries so that people can afford to and want to have children.

It’s not a simple or easy fix - and it does need a proper infrastructure to make it smoother because there will be issues

But at the same time, fixing our countries without increasing immigration will be very difficult. There are many childless people pushing 40 that won’t suddenly have three children just because our economy gets better - and because we have a lot of elderly boomers needing social services we need more people to sustain it. I’m also thinking that a fast timeline would be at least a decade if there aren’t any external factors that would speed it up

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Morning. Is the hellsite still completely and utterly broken?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Yes

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Very good.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

IBroughttheFunk posted:

No, Something Awful is definitely still up.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Random Stranger posted:

No, Something Awful is definitely still up.

What is dead may never die

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
https://twitter.com/majorpazuzu/status/1675808719576133632?s=61

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

IBroughttheFunk posted:

https://downdetector.com/status/twitter/

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Elon carrying the blood-gushing toilet from The Conversation to twitter hq.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

While you're all laughing at the bird site you're missing this beauty:

https://www.reviewgeek.com/158156/introducing-the-tesla-reacher-a-ridiculous-uk-exclusive/

He's not making Teslas for the UK market anymore, so instead we get "The Reacher" - an over engineered rubbish picker, for grabbing car park tickets you can't reach from the driver's seat...

Good luck not dropping your bank card as you try to pay for parking. Can't wait to be stuck behind these fuckers trying to exit a car park

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Amphigory posted:

https://www.reviewgeek.com/158156/introducing-the-tesla-reacher-a-ridiculous-uk-exclusive/

He's not making Teslas for the UK market anymore, so instead we get "The Reacher" - an over engineered rubbish picker, for grabbing car park tickets you can't reach from the driver's seat...

Good luck not dropping your bank card as you try to pay for parking. Can't wait to be stuck behind these fuckers trying to exit a car park

I'm glad to see that Doug Reacharound is still out there, bringing new products to the market.

(Yes, that's a reference to Season 1 of American Dad.)

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Amphigory posted:

So it's a more expensive version of this thing that costs less than USD 0.50?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I mean yes, but on a large scale no the world doesn't need more children. We consume resources faster than they're replenished.

The only imperative for growing human population worldwide is more slaves for our Job Creators and more soldiers to feud with other nations.

If people voluntarily want to have fewer children, which definitely seems to be the case as a country gets richer even in booming money tree decades, great!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also, japan, is actually having a 'we dont have enough kids' crisis that is actually affecting how the society feels and functions. america isnt having more people than we lose, but we absolutely dont have it to the extent that its a major immediate concern.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Endorph posted:

also, japan, is actually having a 'we dont have enough kids' crisis that is actually affecting how the society feels and functions. america isnt having more people than we lose, but we absolutely dont have it to the extent that its a major immediate concern.

We just need to import the elderly care robots to care for twitter addicts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
The world's already got too many morons. I should know, I'm one of them!!