Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
And yet I'm still not as dumb as Musk lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Amphigory posted:

While you're all laughing at the bird site you're missing this beauty:

https://www.reviewgeek.com/158156/introducing-the-tesla-reacher-a-ridiculous-uk-exclusive/

He's not making Teslas for the UK market anymore, so instead we get "The Reacher" - an over engineered rubbish picker, for grabbing car park tickets you can't reach from the driver's seat...

Good luck not dropping your bank card as you try to pay for parking. Can't wait to be stuck behind these fuckers trying to exit a car park

This makes me genuinely worried that none of the US tech bros working on AI driving are considering how to handle driving on the other side of the road. I expect they won't think about this issue until a Tesla in the UK immediately switches lanes and smashes into oncoming traffic.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Hotfix: mirror the camera input, mirror the wheel input. Don’t worry about turning it back off when the driver takes back over, they’ll figure it out soon enough!!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Icon Of Sin posted:

Hotfix: mirror the camera input, mirror the wheel input. Don’t worry about turning it back off when the driver takes back over, they’ll figure it out soon enough!!

The wheel is physically connected to the tires, it can't be reversed.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

pixaal posted:

You say this like you think it’ll stop Musk/some other techbro from suggesting exactly that.

tehslime
Jun 19, 2023

Carwash oval office posted:

For people from the future, here are the 2 events that led to the end of this era of history:
1. Obama making fun of Trump in a standup routine.
2. A teen posting where Elons plane was on Twitter and refusing to stop.

Everything that happens around 2025 was directly connected to these 2 events.0

The butthurt is strong with Muskrat.

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Icon Of Sin posted:

You say this like you think it’ll stop Musk/some other techbro from suggesting exactly that.

No one could have predicted that our AI driving software couldn't parse bɘƨolƆ bɒoЯ

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

pixaal posted:

Muck: JUST loving INSTALL IT BACKWARDS YOU gently caress *headbutts yoke*

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

FilthyImp posted:

Muck: JUST loving INSTALL IT BACKWARDS YOU gently caress *headbutts yoke*

headarses*

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

emSparkly posted:

I once turned down a threesome because one of the proposed participants was a white guy with dreads.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I'd trust those Cenobites before I trust a white dude with dreads tbqh.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

it doesnt bypass rate limit for me - you can get the timeline to work with some refreshing but people's profiles dont load. but maybe its because i already hit rate limit on regular twitter.

also fox news had a segment where they compared elon to xi jinping for this tonight so maybe that'll get him to fix it

https://twitter.com/dimdenEFF/status/1675830373161246723

This was a bug and should be fixed now.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
There was a white girl with dreads at university when I was doing my undergrad. She left a wake when she walked down the corridor because the stink of rotting hair was too strong to bear.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

goatface posted:

There was a white girl with dreads at university when I was doing my undergrad. She left a wake when she walked down the corridor because the stink of rotting hair was too strong to bear.

Patchouli smells like the inside of a rotten rear end in a top hat. loving hippies are the worst.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

goatface posted:

They were the best when I was 20. I couldn't imagine hanging out then now.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Yet another billionaire disruptor stuck in his jerry-rigged creation waiting for it to implode

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’ve gotten some weird side eyes from white people with dreads, due to my own dreads. I can grow them naturally but I choose not to because I am lethally indecisive.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Can’t believe it’s been a whole rear end weekend and you still can’t use Twitter without logging in lmao. Or that we still have no idea if it’s intentional or the site is just broken beyond repair. Both are equally plausible and funny

The stupidity of everything since his first “joke” post about buying the company is a bottomless pit without terminal velocity. Just keeps getting dumber, faster. If Twitter makes it another month maybe we’ll find out what happens when dumb passes the speed of light

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

:hmmyes:

https://twitter.com/ABeeWords/status/1675812079633088513

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Asgerd posted:

How long before he announces that breaking twitter was all a deliberate puppetmaster to own the libs?

As soon as his fragile narcissistic ego is bruised enough by his failures and he can't detach or pawn the failure of twitter off onto someone else, most likely.

He's already taking the first steps at that with appointing a CEO. After that comes one of the steps in assigning blame on an accomplice or someone else by claiming it's all their fault, it was liberal sabotage and he's a genius, etc, etc before the likelihood of him going full puppet master defense to salvage what's left of his broken self image. If that doesn't work and he feels like the loser stink is on him too hard to worm his way out of expect a lashing out. From there, it depends on if he gets any excuses handed to him to avoid admitting failure.

People like him are weasels when it comes to taking responsibility and tend to have multiple stages before they claim they intended to gently caress up all along as that tends to be an admission of failure in of itself.

The right wing disruptors and bigots will laugh and nod as if they were smart enough to realize this and weren't there to hurt as many people as they could as part of their batshit ideology.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jul 3, 2023

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

Die Muskdolchstoßlegende

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

interesting

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
As an addendum to my above post above: Where it's possible it'll get wild is if it somehow manages to get that far (He's left himself a bunch of outs to claim it isn't his fault to his horde of right wing bots and mindless sycophants) and he ends up getting tarred and feathered afterwards in the public and business sphere anyways for claiming to deliberately ruin a major social media site that has been integral to covering revolutions and authoritarian abuse in the past.

He'll loving lose it even harder if that happens. And honestly i'm not sure how much farther this malicious bigoted jackass has to go before he goes the Lowtax route or just goes full fash so hard that even the moderates can't ignore it anymore.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jul 3, 2023

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Archonex posted:

And honestly i'm not sure how much far this malicious bigoted jackass has to go before he goes the Lowtax route or just goes full fash so hard that even the moderates can't ignore it anymore.

He has been speed running Lowtax's life since the divorce

Archonex
May 2, 2012

pixaal posted:

He's had a pretty good cushion though in the form of fake affirmation from people who'd drop him like a turd as soon as he's not useful in their breaking down society and justice . Lowtax never had that, and the forum was honestly pretty quick to call him out on his bullshit when it became apparent what sort of guy he was.

The assholes following him would applaud him even if he turned out to be a sex pest or something. For a lot of them it's all about a cynical exploitation to try to hurt other weaker people much in the same way they'll fanatically support the latest major Fox News star anchor up until he is taken offline after he becomes too much of a liability. Then there's the idiots that refuse to see what's in front of them (a vanishingly smaller group every month). Finally, there's the botnets that suspiciously always pivot to support his latest get rich quick scheme. It's part of why i'm convinced he pays for the botnets that defend him so viciously when combined with how he's used it to try and manipulate (sometimes illegally) the valuation of companies and crypto in the past.

Dude has a fairly comprehensive circle jerk setup going on that Lowtax never had. It's basically a narcissists dream supply that is almost on par with Trump's, albeit not as expansive.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jul 3, 2023

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Is it still broken?

Lmao

All it takes is for one government crisis that they can't get information out to because of his stupidity, and they will all leave as well.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kazil posted:

interesting

It's German, for "The Musk".

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

TulliusCicero posted:

Is it still broken?

Lmao

All it takes is for one government crisis that they can't get information out to because of his stupidity, and they will all leave as well.

Any reasonable government agency is probably already regretting relying on Twitter for communication, and if they haven’t started working on an exit plan before they are after this weekend.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Dynastocles posted:

Die Muskdolchstoßlegende

The Musk, The

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Strategic Tea posted:

The Musk, The

Das ist Deutsch für "Der Moschus, Der"

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Archonex posted:

The assholes following him would applaud him even if he turned out to be a sex pest or something

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I know a person who's in a lawsuit against Azelia Banks and I can't wait for it to be over to talk about the poo poo alleged about in the leadup. It's wild.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

pixaal posted:

i continue to not understand why people say this because there is really 0 relation at all

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

All too easily handwaved away by his fans though. A courtesy they wouldn't give to anyone they disagree with, of course.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Please tell me some bluecheck actually tweeted ”44 BILLION WASTE ON lovely PROGRAM RUN BY IDIOT!!!” over the weekend

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Mozi posted:

i continue to not understand why people say this because there is really 0 relation at all

W..What? Have you seen how he's running twitter? He's going full Lowtax at this point. Countdown until he admits a drug addiction.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

MrMojok posted:

Please tell me some bluecheck actually tweeted ”44 BILLION WASTE ON lovely PROGRAM RUN BY IDIOT!!!” over the weekend

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Frustration truly transcends the barrier of language.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

quote:

horrible fortune .