Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

quote:

MOSCOW, July 3. /TASS/. Russian forces wiped out 16 German-made Leopard tanks or actually 100% of this armor supplied to the Kiev regime by Poland and Portugal, Russia’s Defense Minister Sergey Shoigu said at a conference call with military commanders on Monday.

"In the south Donetsk, Zaporozhye and Donetsk directions alone where Ukrainian armed formations are undertaking unsuccessful attacks, the groupings of Russian forces destroyed 15 aircraft, three helicopters and 920 pieces of armor, including 16 Leopard tanks. This is actually 100% of the tanks of this type supplied by Poland and Portugal," the defense chief said.

The Russian armed forces continue effectively inflicting damage on the enemy by firepower, which considerably diminishes its offensive potential, Shoigu said.

In all, Ukrainian troops have lost about 2,500 various armaments in all directions since June 4. In addition, Russian air defense forces intercepted 158 rockets of the US-made HIMARS multiple launch rocket system and 25 Storm Shadow cruise missiles over the past month, the defense chief said.

The enemy has not achieved its objectives in any of the frontline sectors, which testifies to the skills of Russian fighters and "clearly too high expectations from much-touted Western weapons," Shoigu said.

Ukrainian troops have been employing German-made Leopard tanks since they launched their counteroffensive on June 4. The Russian Defense Ministry has repeatedly reported the destruction of these tanks.

https://tass.com/politics/1641811

Wrap it up, Ukraine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

15 aircraft, loving lmao. They aren't even trying any more.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

zone posted:

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3730775-ukrainian-marines-shoot-down-russian-ka52-helicopter-in-berdiansk-sector.html
36th Marine infantry brigade reports they shot down a Ka-52 near Berdiansk with a Javelin.

100 kilometers is one hell of a Javelin shot.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I'm wondering how fast the Ukrainian advance compares to WW1 battles. Are we talking faster than the Somme? A lot slower than 1918?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
920 armoured vehicles lost but sorry we only have evidence of around 15 of them

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Americans used million dollar optics to confirm a kill.

Russians used a pencil (several layers of eraser + rewrite are clearly visible)

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Strategic Tea posted:

Americans used million dollar optics to confirm a kill.

Russians used a palimset

its good, but I had to trim that up for you

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Strategic Tea posted:

Russians used a pencil (several layers of eraser + rewrite are clearly visible)

They brand them Konstruktor because you can construct your own reality with them.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I'm getting reports that the Ukrainian Gundam Zero Wing was disabled by a single T-72 tank crew.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I'm getting reports that the Ukrainian Gundam Zero Wing was disabled by a single T-72 tank crew.

Our Russian made Leos are clearly superior to Ukraine's Gundams, Blyat!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The proper term is Ukrainailures, thank you very much

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
So, if I'm Russian. Russian news would give me the impression that Ukraine, a failed state with no national identity, run by the jewish mafia, has a larger military than the Russian Federation.

"Destroyed 15 aircraft, three helicopters and 920 pieces of armor".

Armies of the world:

1. Ukriane
2. Russia
3. The US?

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Rico's Roughnecks were all intercepted and killed while dropping from orbit

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Great news for Ukraine - Ukraine has reclaimed (a) 9 square kilometres along the eastern front, and (b) 28.4 km of the territory in the south, bringing the total area of re-captured territory along the southern front to 158.4 square kilometres.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2023/jul/03/russia-ukraine-war-live-moscow-has-removed-700000-children-from-ukraine-says-russian-mp

Ukraine claims further small territorial gains on eastern and southern fronts
1h ago
08.11 BST

In her regular operational update, Ukraine’s deputy defence minister Hanna Maliar has re-stated that Ukraine is making incremental gains in both the east and the south, and said that 37.4 sq km (14.4 sq m) of territory had been reclaimed.

On the Telegram messaging app Maliar said Ukrainian forces were advancing in the Bakhmut direction, adding that Russian forces were attacking in the Lyman, Avdiivka and Mariinka directions in the Donetsk region.

Reuters reports she said “Heavy fighting is going on there now.”

Ukraine had reclaimed nine square kilometres over the past week along the eastern front “as a result of improving the operational position and aligning the frontline”, Maliar said.

In the south, Ukraine has regained 28.4 km of territory, bringing the total area of re-captured territory along that front to 158.4 km, Maliar claimed.

The claims have not been independently verified.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I was thinking, hear me out.

Maybe this statement about 920 pieces of armour is true. Here is my reasoning.

Remember that Leopard and 3(4?) Bradleys? Maybe they counted all the individual bits of armour that broke off from those vehicles during that fire fight.

That would mean the Russian government is correct!

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Nelson Mandingo posted:

It’s Wing Zero, get your military nomenclature right.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

If you divide 920 by 15 you get 61.33 which sounds to me like a more reasonable number, because they keep multiplying what actually happened by 10-15 times

Tai posted:

I was thinking, hear me out.

Maybe this statement about 920 pieces of armour is true. Here is my reasoning.

Remember that Leopard and 3(4?) Bradleys? Maybe they counted all the individual bits of armour that broke off from those vehicles during that fire fight.

That would mean the Russian government is correct!

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1675852428485312513
That's too mild. He shouldn't even see the outside of a prison ever again.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

RBA-Wintrow posted:

So, if I'm Russian. Russian news would give me the impression that Ukraine, a failed state with no national identity, run by the jewish mafia, has a larger military than the Russian Federation.

"Destroyed 15 aircraft, three helicopters and 920 pieces of armor".

Armies of the world:

1. Ukriane
2. Russia
3. The US?

Russia is fighting against the combined might of NATO in Ukraine. Please try to keep up.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1675785553550139392
Here's another mobik whining special. The unit this guy was in was already wiped out once by the Ukrainians last year before being reconstituted. Now apparently they're in the same plight again.

https://twitter.com/reshetz/status/1675614877086261248
According to Dougie Mac the professional liar, Ukraine's entire army was killed in Zaporizhzhia oblast.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

zone posted:

According to Dougie Mac the professional liar, Ukraine's entire army was killed in Zaporizhzhia oblast.

He's eminently qualified to gauge when the Ukrainian army is destroyed, he's already done it several times!

zone
Dec 6, 2016

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1675785553550139392
Here's another mobik whining special. The unit this guy was in was already wiped out once by the Ukrainians last year before being reconstituted. Now apparently they're in the same plight again.

There’s probably a reason the media won’t tell us this

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!

zone posted:

No no, we need to encourage this belief. Gg Putin, gg shoigu, well done. Now you can all go back to Moscow (with all your friends and stuff) victorious!

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Sucrose posted:

But Wikipedia says, citing Reid, Anna (2011). Leningrad: Tragedy of a City under Siege:

The Nazis wanted Leningrad’s population to starve to death.

Leningrad never offered to surrender though, it's not like they only survived because the Germans let them. If that's not what you meant by your post, then I misunderstood it.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Mac is an absolute tool. He's been predicting Ukraine defeat is next week since day 1

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
"dozens" of Leopard 1A5s to be delivered to Ukraine in the coming weeks

Prigozhin allegedly issued statement shared by pro-Wagner sources

not sure what he means by "achieved a lot", maybe those downed RU aircrafts :shrug:

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jul 3, 2023

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Well I mean, 6 choppers, of which three were expensive EW platforms, and 1 IL-22 command post, along with most of the pilots of those rustbuckets, is a good achievement for any military to boast of.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

"Thanks guys" like he's channelling Tony Blair or something :whitewater:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

zone fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jul 3, 2023

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Jason Jay Smart is as reliable as Igor Sushko fwiw. He's in the same grifting tier and there's a reason why you see him and Sushko pushing the same narratives

Like this

zone
Dec 6, 2016

HonorableTB posted:

Jason Jay Smart is as reliable as Igor Sushko fwiw. He's in the same grifting tier

I know, but Dmitri or anyone else hadn't posted the translated version yet.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

zone posted:

I know, but Dmitri or anyone else hadn't posted the translated version yet.

Fair enough, just be warned that what they're posting may not be worth translating anyway (this isn't for you necessarily as I know you know this. It's mostly for the rest of the thread who may not)

zone
Dec 6, 2016

HonorableTB posted:

Fair enough, just be warned that what they're posting may not be worth translating anyway (this isn't for you necessarily as I know you know this. It's mostly for the rest of the thread who may not)

On second thought never mind, I looked at the telegram channel to see if I could pull up an original post. It seems like this is just a repackaging of older posts being translated, so I snipped it instead.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

lol the "Thanks guys!" at the end is cracking me up

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

I do enjoy Girkin's conversion from straight pro-Russian nationalist to his current seething frustration at how inept they are. Sure, I know it's because he wishes they were more competent so the invasion would go better, but I can only hope there's an element of "Jesus Christ why did I do all those crimes for these idiots".

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

KakerMix posted:

Same, I can't help reading it in a youtube influencer voice - "Thanks guys! Make sure to like and subscribe and tune in next time when I'll attempt to take Minsk!"

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

KakerMix posted:

Signing off a message to my murderous insurrectionists like someone acknowledging their Patreon followers

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Computer viking posted:

I do enjoy Girkin's conversion from straight pro-Russian nationalist to his current seething frustration at how inept they are. Sure, I know it's because he wishes they were more competent so the invasion would go better, but I can only hope there's an element of "Jesus Christ why did I do all those crimes for these idiots".

He's entirely unrepentant for all the things he did. The Novorossiya project is almost all his legwork. His bitterness all stems from the fact that he doesn't want Russia to lose, despite being shabbily treated by his overlords. After he was forced to leave the FSB, he was in such dire financial straits that he apparently auctioned off his "For Crimea" medal that he got for about 3 million rubbles. Then later, he started making his living as a military commentator on Telegram, VKontakte, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Computer viking posted:

Sometimes I wonder what guys like Girkin think when it's just them alone with their cups and thoughts. For someone like Girkin, the Novorossiya project was literally his life's work, it was all he cared about and he very nearly had it all. I'm still not convinced that him being removed from command after downing the civilian airliner with a BUK was a punishment, I think that was Putin or someone else high up that looked at Girkin's work in donbas and went yep, good enough, let's put him on something else and that something else just never materialized.

Then he just sits and watches everything he worked for since 2014 and earlier dissolve kilometer by kilometer as the Ukrainian advance liberates more of Lugansk and Donetsk oblasts.

Hell I'd post seething, virulently angry screeds too in his position. It's got to be maddening to see everything you did being undone through gross incompetence and corruption.

For him anyway. For us it's just another Lolsday

E: zone and I are not in fact sitting next to each other in a Langley propaganda ops department