Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Still having tons of fun with Zelda. Did the rest of the newspaper quests which were fun little diversions. Avoiding main quest stuff, sort of, just found the Gerudo zombie apocalypse and it hooked me better than the Goron druglord storyline did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Regional Zelda storylines:

Gerudo zombie apocalypse
Goron City taken over by drug lord
Rito stuck in metal album
Zora Erin Brockovich

loquacius has issued a correction as of 14:54 on Jul 3, 2023

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
ok you guys are right, battlebit is a pretty fun just jump into a server and play some battlefield type game. its a harsh reminder about how much dumb bullshit has been built up around multiplayer shooters over the years

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

loquacius posted:

Gerudo zombie apocalypse

seems like one of these would solve the other in the end

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

go to goron city to get hooked on that rock

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Al! posted:

ok you guys are right, battlebit is a pretty fun just jump into a server and play some battlefield type game. its a harsh reminder about how much dumb bullshit has been built up around multiplayer shooters over the years

the most important thing a Multiplayer game can have going for it is that "It Just Works."

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

seems like one of these would solve the other in the end

Brb getting zombies addicted to rock steak

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Al! posted:

first taste's free with Dr. Z. in more ways than one

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Al! posted:

The rock drug was distributed to destabilize and control the Goron population

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

The rock drug was distributed to destabilize and control the Goron population

Goron System of a Down said so

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
The origins of the Hyrule Intelligence Agency are found in the Office of Sheikah Services, who helped launder some of Ganon's top men into positions of Authority in Hyrule

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

the most important thing a Multiplayer game can have going for it is that "It Just Works."

ok well before we can let you even jump into a match we need you to spend an hour learning what a "flag" is and how to "capture" it you get 200 battle bits for completing the tutorial where you can open chests for a chance to win stocks of Super Grenades. now equip your stat cards in the slots youve unlocked so far, those are only good while active for thirty minutes but dont worry you can get more by buying season one and

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Al! posted:

ok well before we can let you even jump into a match we need you to spend an hour learning what a "flag" is and how to "capture" it you get 200 battle bits for completing the tutorial where you can open chests for a chance to win stocks of Super Grenades. now equip your stat cards in the slots youve unlocked so far, those are only good while active for thirty minutes but dont worry you can get more by buying season one and

the things that made me like battlebit right off the bat:
1. tutorial not required
2. master volume was set to 5% by default

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
YEAH GUYS SORRY I JUST BOOTED UP THAT NEW GAME AND IT BLEW OUT MY EAR DRUMS NOT GONNA BE ABLE TO GET ON DISCORD TONIGHT

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Loved the quest where you get Purah to set up a wiretap on the Goron payphones

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Purah West conducting puffshroom mind control experiments

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I think it was Ganondorf that said: If you can convince the lowest hylian he's better than the best goron, he won't notice you're picking his pocket.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I've been watching games of Age of Empires 2 and one of the more interesting game modes I've seen is a combination of

Pilgrims - where everyone starts with villagers and a transport ship on tiny islands on one side of the map, and have to make their way to the "mainland" on the opposite half of the map, and pick out a place to settle. Going deeper into the mainland might let you have an area all to yourself, but you'll start building up later

Regicide - each player has a King, and if you lose your King, you lose the game

Exploding Kings - whenever a King dies, there's a scripted explosion that takes out an entire screen's worth of buildings and units. This introduces a sort of "hostage-taking" element to Regicide, because the explosion can perhaps backfire on the attacking player if the enemy King dies near the attacker's economy, or even takes out their own King in return

Diplomacy - everyone starts out allied with each other, but you can declare war on each other on-and-off, and only one can survive

that last bit, in particular, introduces a social dynamic to the game that reminds one of, well, the actual Diplomacy game, where a big part of it is talking to everyone, trying to make friends, making promises, keeping promises, and having to pick-and-choose one who to side. Because it's still an RTS at heart, it is possible for a player to win by sheer strength of arms, particularly if one is much better at the game than others, but with eight people in a game, it's going to be an uphill battle if you don't forge some strategic alliances.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Dragon Quest Builders 2 doesn't have any right to be this good, the offshoot of the DQ series have been always a goldmine but Builders is really top notch stuff now that Dark Cloud is MIA

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Honest Thief posted:

Dragon Quest Builders 2 doesn't have any right to be this good, the offshoot of the DQ series have been always a goldmine but Builders is really top notch stuff now that Dark Cloud is MIA

it’s a true gem of a game, the story takes a while to get through but once you’re free to build up your island? :getin:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

indigi posted:

Every day's great at your Junes

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/MegaDriveShock/status/1675799790687510528

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

smarxist posted:

Never seen anyone rate 9 so low, truly deranged

If nine doesn't hit for you it loving sucks. I agree with him tbh I don't like nine, it doesn't do anything for me.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

indigi posted:

Every day's great at your Junes

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

FFXVI doesn't seem like a game I'd enjoy at all, but I do agree with whoever said it earlier - the fact that every rating is either a 2 or a 10 confirms that they've got it back. Every FF anybody actually remembers at release was either so bad it was a war crime or the greatest game of all time

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Epic High Five posted:

FFXVI doesn't seem like a game I'd enjoy at all, but I do agree with whoever said it earlier - the fact that every rating is either a 2 or a 10 confirms that they've got it back. Every FF anybody actually remembers at release was either so bad it was a war crime or the greatest game of all time

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I don't think there's one bad mainline FF game :shrug: they're always cool games

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

every ff is the best and worst in the series

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Third World Reagan posted:

It plays like romance of the 3 kingdoms in space.

when you definitely had other ambitions

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

idk how you would rate ff16 a 2/10 there's a part where a chud child is eaten by a wolf that's at least a 5/10 imo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I didn't play FF13 but I don't think I've seen anyone say they liked it

Ff15 was mid as hell

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

turn off the TV posted:

idk how you would rate ff16 a 2/10 there's a part where a chud child is eaten by a wolf that's at least a 5/10 imo

Clive looking at the shed where wolf snarling and screaming child noises are being heard , the words "Mission Complete" show up in the screen as the FF victory fanfare music plays

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Dat Titan fight baby. :dukedog:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

loquacius posted:

Regional Zelda storylines:

I knew Zelda was a fed

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

Dat Titan fight baby. :dukedog:

did it last night. poo poo my pants.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
People complaing about the music are dumb

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Ben Nerevarine posted:

it’s a true gem of a game, the story takes a while to get through but once you’re free to build up your island? :getin:

Builders 1 legit has my favorite plot and protagonist in the entire dragon quest series.

I'm still enjoying ff16 but it still doesn't really feel like a proper final fantasy. It feels like somebody commissioned platinum or team ninja to do a ff14 spin off.

Randal
Apr 20, 2016

not adding value on SA one post at a time

loquacius posted:

I didn't play FF13 but I don't think I've seen anyone say they liked it

Ff15 was mid as hell

Feel like I could've liked 13 if the pacing wasn't so goddamn slow. Burned out ten hours in a few times

Liked most of 15 but I'll agree with every complaint about the loose threads and the combat and side quests being lame

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

ff15 was so unmemorable to me that it took me a few minutes to recall that it's the boy band road trip one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

i had fun fishing and driving around with the boys in ff15