Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gunther matches are always worth watching. But I think that match wasn't on par with the other matches he had on TV against Sami and KO.

Seth and Finn was just there. Both guys can do so much more so I'm not sure what was going on with that match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Excited for the reactions of all the 'The Bloodline is about Jey overcoming emotional abuse' people when he loses again

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Codependent Poster posted:

Seth and Finn was just there. Both guys can do so much more so I'm not sure what was going on with that match.

Balor is 41. He entered NXT when he was 32.

When was the last good notable Meltzer 4-Star or better Balor singles match?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

A match is worthless if that one guy doesn't give it 4+ stars

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Namtab posted:

ok: when was the last good Balor singles match

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Namtab posted:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

NJPW Destruction 2013

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Namtab posted:

Its funny to complain about this because meltz massively overrates wwe matches because he grades them on a curve

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

abraham linksys posted:

ok: when was the last good Balor singles match

saturday

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Namtab posted:

saturday

Don't think so

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I thought he had a couple good matches against Edge. Go back a couple years and he was having some solid matches in NXT.

Like he can still go. Seth can go. But that match was super underwhelming.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Go back a couple years and he was having some solid matches in NXT. .

That was 7 years ago

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i love finn but he's washed. his character loving sucks and he's in a total jobber faction

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Namtab posted:

Sorry that hurt you.

Can you give me a list of matches rated Fresh instead?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The match where he flopped around and the lights turned off and then he fell off the top rope was awesome

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Weird to think of Fergal as 41 years old but it's true - He's old. He's old with a long dick.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Astro7x posted:

Sorry that hurt you.

Can you give me a list of matches rated Fresh instead?

The ones I like

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Astro7x posted:

Balor is 41. He entered NXT when he was 32.

When was the last good notable Meltzer 4-Star or better Balor singles match?

Big Dave gave the Edge/Balor "I Quit" match 4.5 stars, though you're forgiven for forgetting that because all matches in that feud blend together.

Before that, I swear, it's losing to Karrion Kross in NXT. He had quite a few highly regarded matches in his second run down there, no duh.

Finn's recent star history is basically "highly regarded comfort food." Never bad, never world-historically great. Just having solid matches every time and cashing checks. It's a living.

Also Dave gave Balor/Fiend at SummerSlam 2 stars, which is bullshit.

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016

yea ok posted:

Weird to think of Fergal as 41 years old but it's true - He's old. He's old with a long dick.

long balls as well, surely (because he's old)

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Watching the Tour de France on USA and they ran an ad for NXT Underground this week and showed clips from RAW underground, including a glimpse of the rarely seen Dabba Kato!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Pinche Rudo posted:

Watching the Tour de France on USA and they ran an ad for NXT Underground this week and showed clips from RAW underground, including a glimpse of the rarely seen Dabba Kato!

The fact that anyone has any genuine nostalgia for RAW Underground is proof that wrestling fans will have nostalgia for anything given enough time (in this case, 3 years.)

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Pinche Rudo posted:

retvrn

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I think the problem was that both the build and the match felt rushed. Also the revenge for the UC injury angle probably isn't the right approach when you're in the heel faction.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

[Extremely defensive Fed fan voice] Raw underground.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Finn was legit tearing it up with Seth back in 2018

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

That was 7 years ago

Nope, 2021.

Don't worry, I also thought it was a lot longer ago than that.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Finn went back to NXT from 2019-2021 because NXT is just another brand now, not faux developmental.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I see a lot in Damian Priest and I think it's good to finally push a young talent to the top. And honestly? He has vastly improved since joining The Judgment Day

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Namtab posted:

Finn went back to NXT from 2019-2021 because NXT is just another brand now, not faux developmental.

Oh brother

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

People thinking that 40 is too old when back in 1999 DDP was already proving you all wrong smh

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I wonder if they're doing the inevitable Balor/Priest feud backwards, in that Priest cashes in and wins, then Balor fights him.

Amazing that probably the safest company from a long term perspective can't do any kind of long term storytelling.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Namtab posted:

I wonder if they're doing the inevitable Balor/Priest feud backwards, in that Priest cashes in and wins, then Balor fights him.

Amazing that probably the safest company from a long term perspective can't do any kind of long term storytelling.

It’s because the story is rewritten every 5 minutes at the whim of a senile rapist poop joke enthusiast OP

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Pylons posted:

Oh brother

The power of Charlotte Flair and Finn Balor could not win the wednesday night war

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I don’t know what my favorite Finn Balor match from the last few years is. There’s like, tons I can think of that blow me away. I just can’t remember exactly how to type it in

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

People thinking that 40 is too old when back in 1999 DDP was already proving you all wrong smh

40 is young in the fed. He's only one year older than Twinkletoes on All Friends Wrestling, but you won't hear a peep out of any of those hypocrites.

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

this is insanely good

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

What's insanely good about it? He just looks mad that he lost to me.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It should feel odd that the original leader of Bullet Club will never sniff the Observer Hall of Fame cause it is the most important faction of the 2010's but I don't see it happening especially since WWE doesn't see Finn even at the level of the secondary World title

Legit wonder if things would of been different if he didn't get hurt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

emjayo posted:

this is insanely good

It actually sucks really bad. I’m not even a Roman hater but this is some tubi original series level acting.