Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorgeous Zan

New Haven Yacht Club

I Was The Fury posted:

I'm having a great time with it, but I've also been playing pretty much exclusively side by side with the spouse.

There are certainly complaints that can be made, but be careful of the sour grapes out there who will say that the skill tree is even more simplified than D3 (lol) while simultaneously having too many interconnecting mechanics that make no sense (also lol)

i'm playing it too, it's fun with friends - although after the campaign it can get a bit stale

i can see why people pushing as fast as they can are a bit frustrated, but playing at my own pace has been very enjoyable :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit

Saoshyant posted:

There's a cool indie adventure game jam going on right now on itch.io where you can try out a bunch of short tales if you are (or think you'd be) into that sort of thing:

I should check out more game jams… they always look like fun.

itry

Saoshyant posted:

There's a cool indie adventure game jam going on right now on itch.io where you can try out a bunch of short tales if you are (or think you'd be) into that sort of thing:

The Donut posted:

Plenty of adventures to try out for the latest itch.io game jam - https://itch.io/jam/advjam2023/entries
One of which https://itch.io/jam/advjam2023/rate/2110015 is by George Broussard of 3d Realms and it looks good!

Screenshots remind me of old LucasArts games, circa Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

Pro Target

beer pal posted:

yeah her sprint and teleport are pretty sick but also punishable if the opponent is ready for them. her crouching low kick after drive rush is something like +7 apparently so it should be a nice third option

People in my rating range arent countering drive impact on reaction much at all, but its noticeable even going from low bronze to high bronze that people aren't committing as much in ways that are punishable by DI.

My big trouble in defending is i dont know yet where all the character's strings end, so i end up guessing wrong and hitting a button when theyre still going, or holding block when theyre done and getting grabbed

I guess my perspective on Kimberley's approach options is a little skewed due to playing JP because he's generally safe from drive rush in neutral at his optimal range (fullscreen) and has a good option to counter it (the weird halo sticky grenade parry thing) but unsafe if hes throwing projectiles and she teleports in or slides under them

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
Atelier Escha and Logy and FTL.

I like the halberd beam. [makes lazer beam sounds]

kalel

Prurient Squid posted:

FTL.

I like the halberd beam. [makes lazer beam sounds]

he'll yeah

they need to port it to the freaking switch!!!!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

sb hermit posted:

I should check out more game jams… they always look like fun.

game jam is short for Gameothy James

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Yuu Morisawa

Watch Creamy Mami
I've been playing BotW and TotK a lot recently

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i've been slowly working my way through ToTK but randomly started a new game of Satisfactory, which is like a frickin disease. drat i love it

Philippe

(she/her)
Satisfactory is the best spaghetti simulator.

Ass-penny

I've never heard of Satisfactory but I do love spaghetti

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

rear end-penny posted:

I've never heard of Satisfactory but I do love spaghetti

it's friggin good https://www.satisfactorygame.com/

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Dr. Honked posted:

i've been slowly working my way through ToTK but randomly started a new game of Satisfactory, which is like a frickin disease. drat i love it

I need to get past my mental block in Satisfactory. I'm building the uh, elevator right now I think (I just started) and running into my first power capacity issues.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Snuff Melange posted:

I need to get past my mental block in Satisfactory. I'm building the uh, elevator right now I think (I just started) and running into my first power capacity issues.

If you're inefficient like me you'll probably need 6 biomass burners until you get to coal. prioritise the chainsaw so you can chop dem treez and make lots of solid biofuel. that'll get you to the point where you can wander off and find coal and leave your stuff running. gotta find dat coal :coal:

Pro Target

Been very, very slowly climbing the ladder in SF6... gotta psych msyelf up to play it but so far climbing from Gold 5 to Platinum 4 I've only lost 3 sets out of like 70... rationally I should just keep playing until my match winrate drops from its current 73% to 50% but I HATE the idea of the number going down

Finger Prince

Horizon forbidden west is starting to feel like a slog, and I accept that I'm definitely not going to 100% this game, and I'm not even going to try. There's still a few side missions I feel like doing, but I kind of reached the let's just get this over with point.
I feel like they crammed too much in this game trying to make it bigger than the first one, but the first one was perfect.

kalel

I started to feel the slog in the first game when I was 90% done and definitely in the endgame so I guess I'm never playing forbidden west. Oh well. I'm glad other people really enjoyed the first game, the story was phenomenal but imo I couldn't get into it after a while

Finger Prince

kalel posted:

I started to feel the slog in the first game when I was 90% done and definitely in the endgame so I guess I'm never playing forbidden west. Oh well. I'm glad other people really enjoyed the first game, the story was phenomenal but imo I couldn't get into it after a while

Yeah the story really drives the gameplay in the first one. Less so in the second. I get what you're saying about the slog threshold of the first one, but by that point I was nearly done so figured I might as well tidy up the few remaining loose ends. I'm max level in forbidden west and max skill tree except for skills I never use and I'm (by my estimate) 3/5 the way through the main story, and still have not only a bunch of unfinished side quests, a load of undiscovered side quests as well. I still haven't even got the last tallneck area uncovered.

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er

kalel posted:

thats about the point I got to also; just kinda drifted off and never finished.. beautiful game and super fun combat and aesthetic.

I am,, as always putting hundreds of hours into pso2 this week 😌

emSparkly

I'm open to interpretation!
Whenever I beat a game I never no what to get on next, so I usually start playing like 10 other ones for like 5 minutes before I move on and eventually land on one that I stay with 'til the end. It makes me feel like a gaming slut.

I am a patient they.

Quadramind

Nothing wrong with a lil dip and fiddle while you make your mind up

kalel

a little bit of horizon in my life
a little bit of slay the spire by my side
a little bit of diablo's all I need
a little bit of counterstrike's what I see
a little bit of minecraft in the sun
a little bit of elden ring all night long
a little bit of stardew on the job
a little bit of you makes me your yob
haaaaa!

peachy...

~hey~
I've been playing Trackmania recently, which is tricky for someone with terrible reaction speed like me. Very enjoyable

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

peachy... posted:

I've been playing Trackmania recently, which is tricky for someone with terrible reaction speed like me. Very enjoyable

trackmania nations was the shiiiiiiiiitttt back when it was new

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

emSparkly posted:

Whenever I beat a game I never no what to get on next, so I usually start playing like 10 other ones for like 5 minutes before I move on and eventually land on one that I stay with 'til the end. It makes me feel like a gaming slut.

game pass makes sluts of us all :sonia:

:xbone:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
My friend started playing the Pheonix Wright games and she's really enjoying then and is streaming them so I can relive the ds days nostalgia

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Ominous Jazz posted:

My friend started playing the Pheonix Wright games and she's really enjoying then and is streaming them so I can relive the ds days nostalgia

Have you played the latest one, The Great Ace Attorney? Up on every platform including PC/Deck and so fun. Their Sherlock Holmes pastiche is amazing.

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

kalel

been playing a lot of fire emblem gba. it's good

Escape From Noise

[Lana Del Rey voice]: Video gaaaaames!

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
aww hecc yes my playdate is shipping :ducksiren:

emSparkly

I'm open to interpretation!

kalel posted:

been playing a lot of fire emblem gba. it's good

Another inductee in the Florina fan club I see.

I am a patient they.

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Dr. Honked posted:

The one with the crank??

I kind of wanted that thing but turned out the software support after launch was non existent?

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

kalel

emSparkly posted:

Another inductee in the Florina fan club I see.

pegasi own but she keeps freaking dying whenever I run her and I have to keep resetting so noooo thank youuuuuu

oswin is best boi

Dr. Chainsaws PhD

Dr. Honked posted:

have fun cranking it! :haw:

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Saoshyant posted:

The one with the crank??

I kind of wanted that thing but turned out the software support after launch was non existent?

yes. what i'm most interested in is making games for it

Quadramind

Think it's time to get back at Cuphead

FutonForensic

the heck did cuphead ever do to you

Ass-penny

I have been replaying Fez

Quadramind

I have fez queued up, too. I am a lucky boy. So many delicious games to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe

(she/her)
I'm just playing AC Odyssey. Gotta get to the top of the mercenary pyramid, gotta kill all them cultists, gotta make my outfit real snazzy, gotta hold my nose and do the comphet DLC this time.