Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I miss Sami's hot run. It feels like a million years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I don’t know what my favorite Finn Balor match from the last few years is. There’s like, tons I can think of that blow me away. I just can’t remember exactly how to type it in

For me, it's Finn/KOR at one of the pandemic Takeovers.

Namtab posted:

I wonder if they're doing the inevitable Balor/Priest feud backwards, in that Priest cashes in and wins, then Balor fights him.

Amazing that probably the safest company from a long term perspective can't do any kind of long term storytelling.

In the "they'd never do it" part of my brain, I was thinking it'd be cool if Finn beat Seth and then Priest cashed in on Roman so you've got All The Belts And Also Dom, but nah, Judgment Day are losers 'cept Rhea

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It should feel odd that the original leader of Bullet Club will never sniff the Observer Hall of Fame cause it is the most important faction of the 2010's but I don't see it happening especially since WWE doesn't see Finn even at the level of the secondary World title

Legit wonder if things would of been different if he didn't get hurt

they hotshotted the title to him and what did he do? screw them over.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

D.N. Nation posted:

In the "they'd never do it" part of my brain, I was thinking it'd be cool if Finn beat Seth and then Priest cashed in on Roman so you've got All The Belts And Also Dom, but nah, Judgment Day are losers 'cept Rhea

it would have been way too cool and interesting if the bloodline fell to the other Big Faction. shame

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

yea ok posted:

40 is young in the fed. He's only one year older than Twinkletoes on All Friends Wrestling, but you won't hear a peep out of any of those hypocrites.

This just got me to find out R-Truth is 50 and suddenly nothing makes any loving sense

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

it would have been way too cool and interesting if the bloodline fell to the other Big Faction. shame

Nah the civil war angle is the right one, but Roman shouldn't be the one eating the pin.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
It’s so funny to have this big hot angle where no one will come out a star from it. Like I can’t imagine Jey Uso is about to become this big singles main eventer Star. You had Cody right there and you had Sami right there and you cut them both off. It’s insane.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The_Rob posted:

It’s so funny to have this big hot angle where no one will come out a star from it. Like I can’t imagine Jey Uso is about to become this big singles main eventer Star. You had Cody right there and you had Sami right there and you cut them both off. It’s insane.

Trust the Process

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

The_Rob posted:

Literally two perfect moments and they whiffed them both it's insane

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The_Rob posted:

I think it's actually gonna end up with them trying to make Solo a big star.

But I do think the Usos right now are probably the most popular they've ever been. They should have pulled the trigger on either Sami or Cody but they've kept their popularity.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Namtab posted:

Finn went back to NXT from 2019-2021 because NXT is just another brand now, not faux developmental.

:laffo: I forgot they demoted him

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Codependent Poster posted:

I think it's actually gonna end up with them trying to make Solo a big star.

But I do think the Usos right now are probably the most popular they've ever been. They should have pulled the trigger on either Sami or Cody but they've kept their popularity.

I think they want to try and make solo a star as well, but I have no idea if that’s something people actually want to see, and while the Usos are popular right now I’m curious what happens when you take them out of the Romanverse.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

D.N. Nation posted:

I just want Finn to do a couple years in AEW, and have matches with all the old Bullet Club guys. And a match with Danielson, because I’ve always wanted to see that. Nakamura can come too.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

The_Rob posted:

Roman is going to be the last guy who was ever made by Vince, and by god he's going to be the guy until Vince is dead

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It should feel odd that the original leader of Bullet Club will never sniff the Observer Hall of Fame cause it is the most important faction of the 2010's but I don't see it happening especially since WWE doesn't see Finn even at the level of the secondary World title

Legit wonder if things would of been different if he didn't get hurt

Almost certainly. Paul talked Vince into taking the chance and putting the new belt on him and he made Vince look like a fool, god dammit!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

The thought occurs that this main event run they're marking Solo for will be one as a bland babyface and unnnnghhhhhh

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Seth tried to take Sting from us all and I will never forgive him.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Shard posted:

What's insanely good about it? He just looks mad that he lost to me.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Thats some Walter White in the "Crawl Space" episode level of breakdown. Roman is incredible. One thing that really hit home on this for me is how Roman isn't afraid to look weak when it counts. The range he has shown from calm and collected and in control to shook and now falling into unhinged territory has been amazing... This whole storyline has only proven Roman's mastery on psychology and character work as a whole.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I watched MITB and it really comes across that this is just a path for a Roman/Solo feud. At one point, someone kicked out of Roman’s pin and he just looked completely devastated. This lead to Solo coming in and telling Roman to stop being a baby as he started destroying the Usos.

Roman took the pin because Solo will eventually turn on him because he is too weak.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
concerning amount of engagement happening with the fed these days, let me know if i can do anything to help

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

lol

I know the WWE gets graded on a curve but come on dude.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jul 3, 2023

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Penguin Patrol posted:

concerning amount of engagement happening with the fed these days, let me know if i can do anything to help

Assign a poster to write a “So You Want To Get Into WWE” primer guide to help the clueless here out

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Penguin Patrol posted:

sorry pal the tribal chief has put WWE on his back and a lot of folks are legit into it these days. More power to them I hope they enjoy themselves watching a wrestling show they like. I'll be doing the same thing on Wednesdays.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I don't know what they see in Solo

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

The_Rob posted:

It actually sucks really bad. I’m not even a Roman hater but this is some tubi original series level acting.

You can tell they’re still now performing for an audience of one, and that audience’s brain is still continuing to degrade because we’ve gone from “Vince likes really visible selling” being why there’s a huge gulf between WWE selling and every other company’s selling, to “Vince likes really visible ACTING!”

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

RealityWarCriminal posted:

he's related to the rock and thus, is very important to Vince

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

RealityWarCriminal posted:

he's (relatively) young and there's no way he's gonna go to AEW so as a business proposition there's some sense there

maybe he'll develop and stop being bland as gently caress, I dunno

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jul 3, 2023

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
The Bloodline stuff is if the Dibiase/Virgil thing, instead of being a lowkey background thing that one day led to a hot midcard feud for a few months, was instead an all consuming storyline that was the only thing the company cared about for multiple hours of tv a week for multiple years with an uncountable number of half hour promo skits and in-match monologues.

The Bloodline feud is like that photoshopped Master & Commander cinematic universe pic.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Assign a poster to write a “So You Want To Get Into WWE” primer guide to help the clueless here out

congratulations JUNGLE BOY, you've got the job

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Penguin Patrol posted:

congratulations JUNGLE BOY, you've got the job

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JUNGLE BOY posted:

So tempted to do this

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I watched MITB and it really comes across that this is just a path for a Roman/Solo feud. At one point, someone kicked out of Roman’s pin and he just looked completely devastated. This lead to Solo coming in and telling Roman to stop being a baby as he started destroying the Usos.

Roman took the pin because Solo will eventually turn on him because he is too weak.

So who's the face in the Roman/Solo feud - either option is bad.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

After 1000+ days you want your top face to pin roman at either slam or mania and neither Jay or Solo are the top face - then again im not a millionaire booker so what do I know

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Step 1. lol, really?
Step 2. don’t

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Namtab posted:

After 1000+ days you want your top face to pin roman at either slam or mania and neither Jay or Solo are the top face - then again im not a millionaire booker so what do I know

most people have better ideas than that billionaire booker

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The_Rob posted:

I think they want to try and make solo a star as well, but I have no idea if that’s something people actually want to see, and while the Usos are popular right now I’m curious what happens when you take them out of the Romanverse.

Yeah I dunno if Solo is the guy or can become the guy but it looks like that's the path they're on. Also not sure what the Usos can do after all this besides just keep on being top tag guys.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The natural trajectory for the Usos should now be to leave the bloodline plot and go over to feud with KO/Sami but we all know that they're stuck in the bloodline stuff despite having the blowoff match

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I still laugh when I think of that roman goodfellas parody where his delivery was so bad on the pesci impression they cut it from the final product after showing it in promos

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Namtab posted:

So who's the face in the Roman/Solo feud - either option is bad.

I think that Roman turns face because they have pushed Solo as a destructive monster. But that means that they will take Solo, turn him face and then make him into a weak baby face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Don't sweat it, the "So you want to get into the WWE" guide is, in its entirety:

"No you don't:"