Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lockback posted:

Look what happened as soon as they let go of Keith Bogans.

Derrick Rose also told Obama to suit up because they needed a starting Shooting Guard.

More bad Rose opinions

Obama's TS% loving sucks, high volume but like he would frequently shoot a wide open shot and hit a school or wedding or some poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

thanks for helping me post through it y'all

maybe i'll post more scoot/sharpe related stuff throughout the season :unsmith:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

i am a moron posted:

I’m the Dame of this thread. I keep trying to make funny posts but all my thread mates keep making GBS threads the bed and the admins won’t trade me to Reddit

I can assist you with getting released from this poo poo org if you'd like :v:

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Like you think we must be talking about Portland, Washington and then you look at a map and it’s like holy poo poo were did Oregon come from

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

thanks for helping me post through it y'all

maybe i'll post more scoot/sharpe related stuff throughout the season :unsmith:

Questionable amount of shooting on that team, but Scoot lobs to Sharpe should be fun as poo poo.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Dexo posted:

I can assist you with getting released from this poo poo org if you'd like :v:

Jeffrey says he’s looking for a bigger return

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

i am a moron posted:

Like you think we must be talking about Portland, Washington and then you look at a map and it’s like holy poo poo were did Oregon come from

Oregon is a really nice state. Shame wildfires will destroy it.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
I don't follow much free agent stuff, but I'd like to go out of my way to pull against all of Rich Paul's players after the past week.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Papes posted:

Oregon is a really nice state. Shame wildfires will destroy it.

Found the arsonist lock him up patriots

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I just road tripped through southern Oregon and up to Eugene last week, it was really nice

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Papercut posted:

I just road tripped through southern Oregon and up to Eugene last week, it was really nice

Do you want to go halfsies on a house in hood river with me

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
My retirement plan is to buy a big house in SE Portland like a proper Californian

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Papercut posted:

My retirement plan is to buy a big house in SE Portland like a proper Californian

Smdh

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Papercut posted:

The way things are going it might be cheaper to do the reverse

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Bulls signed Torrey Craig. He was stretched a little too thin on the suns last season but he’s a good piece, would have liked him back. Good luck TC

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

Dexo posted:

it's hard as gently caress to win a ring in the NBA unless you have one of the like top 20 best players of all time on your team. And even then...
Came here to post this. I feel like being a great player with a skilled GM gets your odds of winning a title up to like 30%, there are a billion things that can stand in the way. Dame could have been the anchor on a contending team; the front office spent a lot of money and effort to bring a title to Portland. The fact that it didn't happen doesn't make Dame a quitter and it doesn't make the FO some cesspool of incompetence. Everybody tried, mistakes were made, everyone continued to give it their best shot, it didn't happen.

I'd be lying if I didn't say that part of my emotions re: Dame leaving is just simple relief that we can get off this bullshit up here. I get that it'll just be replaced with some new variant of the same discussion w different players, but I'm so ready for a changeup. Seriously we've been scapegoating Dame's garbage defense for literally a decade, let's have "Scoot's a ballhog who will never lead a team to the WCF" or "Shaedon needs to stop settling for outside shots or this team is going nowhere." The fact that I would at this point genuinely prefer Ben Simmons chat to Dame chat says it all. Gimme Ben and all the picks, start from scratch with a weird team that doesn't work and gets all the dunks and none of the wins, I don't much care I would just watch the poo poo out of it

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Get that money ant

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1675906267880079362?s=20

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Bulls signed Torrey Craig. He was stretched a little too thin on the suns last season but he’s a good piece, would have liked him back. Good luck TC

I legitimately am loving this Bulls off-season.

Well in so much that I disagree with them running back Zach Vooch and DeMar, but if they are I like the signings they've made on the margins.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Carter and Craig is about as good of an offseason as I could reasonably expect if the Bulls were determined to run it back. Would have maybe liked a higher volume 3pt shooting wing but there weren’t really many of those available this offseason so what are ya gonna do

Sure beats the inexplicable decision to go after Drummond and washed-rear end Goran Dragic last offseason

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Torrey Craig is another good pickup and now I'm stuck between "A ton of players seem to be playing for less than their worth this FA season" or "Maybe I just think a bunch of really marginal guys are actually good?"

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Mean Baby posted:

Olshey could have traded CJ and a pick for George. He, and probably Dame, were too attached to CJ.

I think Cronin has generally done much better but it’s clear his version of building a contender and Dame’s is untenable. It sucks.

I'm not sure Indy takes that offer over Sabonis and Dipo. I think there was a really small window where CJ could've brought back the talent Portland needed, and the fact that Portland missed that window isn't that surprising or upsetting.

The Blazers were more or less hosed when Aldridge left and the Blazers owed the Nuggets their pick from the Afflalo trade. That meant the Blazers couldn't tank and get the assets they would need to put a team and Dame.

At that point we were playing blackjack with 16 and the dealer showing a 9. If we stay we prolly lose, if we hit we also probably lose.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Papercut posted:

Seriously, that is a pre-2010 view. The cost of living in the PNW has exploded over the last decade.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

xbilkis posted:

Sure beats the inexplicable decision to go after Drummond and washed-rear end Goran Dragic last offseason

They must have really really really thought Lonzo's music was gonna hit in January or February to bail their roster construction out in the Summer, before it became obvious he was toast.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

xbilkis posted:

Carter and Craig is about as good of an offseason as I could reasonably expect if the Bulls were determined to run it back. Would have maybe liked a higher volume 3pt shooting wing but there weren’t really many of those available this offseason so what are ya gonna do

Carter is a volume 3 guy, he just hasn't played starter minutes yet. He'll end up looking more like a ball-handling wing on offense, Zach, Demarr and Vooch will still be the main engines on offense. Honestly, he was a great pickup for the Bulls, truly. He should wear 9 like Ronnie Harper did.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1675931099761877001

A Plumlee has signed.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Fast Luck posted:

Maybe they tried to do those things but didn’t get nearly enough return for the likes of Shaedon and Scoot.

I mean I do feel like they tried to build a winner for Dame in previous years. It was never enough but that’s what bringing Jerami in was.

not enough return seems to be a running theme with joe cronin

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

nachos posted:

not enough return seems to be a running theme with joe cronin

You're not being rid of Herro that easy, nachos.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Lockback posted:

You're not being rid of Herro that easy, nachos.

I actually like Herro but I am going to make this trade happen through sheer force of will

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

You know, it's kind of weird that Portland is getting this crap while Harden's situation seems way worse and been going on for longer. Is everyone just sick of talking about Harden's next destination?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Lockback posted:

You know, it's kind of weird that Portland is getting this crap while Harden's situation seems way worse and been going on for longer. Is everyone just sick of talking about Harden's next destination?

In the past like 2 years harden has asked for 50 trades.

It's a known quantity with him

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think people were also tired of hearing how Dame wanted to stay and continue to build after every rumor. Chalk it up to the general discourse being about rings and transactions, and Dame's situation in Portland wasn't contributing to either

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Hand Knit posted:

Dalano Banton signed with Boston, which feels more than slightly heretical.

At times I thought he was going to be lucky to land a contract outside of Toronto where he had so much goodwill, but I guess there's still a lot of potential with his size. Will be sad if he learns to shoot/tighten his handle on Boston but happy he
's getting another shot.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
the first paragraph of my manifesto references excessive dame trade rumors

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
In assessing Portland's GMs, Olshey hosed up a good amount in ways that were largely evident at the time. From the outside it seems like Cronin is playing the relatively crappy cards about the best he can. Tanking last season instead of fighting for the play in was the right move. Doing the same the previous year without Dame was the right move. Shaedon and Scoot are high quality prospects. It makes sense to let one of them go for a Mikhail Bridges or somebody equivalent but it doesn't seem like that trade was out there to make at the right price. It doesn't help that Portland's future draft picks have been tied down by owing that 1st to the Bulls. I really don't see the counterfactual of what Cronin could have done these past two years to build a better team around Lillard.

Sometimes things don't go your way. Trying to force the issue is how you end up paying Evan Turner 70 million dollars.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Billups still seems like a bad hire

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006

Papes posted:

The only reason they got past Denver in round 2 is because CJ dropped 40 in game 3 and 7. Dame scored 13 points in 45 minutes in game 7. Not really a carry job imo.

CJ is a goofy fit with dame but put some respect on the guys name.

This is brain worm debate.

The only reason[historical thing] happened is because [history surrounding it]. Every single loving playoff run by every single team in every single sport is exactly like this, with a few rare exceptions.

Don't be a rube

Edit: further that was like CJ's only good game, he was largely rear end for the entire post season, so that's less "not a carry job" and more "one other player has a really good game"

OH WORD SON fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 3, 2023

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Lockback posted:

Good deal. I think he needs to get all-NBA or MVP to hit that number though. Glad it was all settled though.

even better:

https://twitter.com/JonKrawczynski/status/1675906766616363013

I feel like I'm going insane when I'm seeing other Wolves fans and the punditry fret over the second apron, which this caused another round of. Best as I can tell, it means they won't be able to use the taxpayer MLE (as if Lore&ARod were going to do so while in the repeater tax anyway), won't be able to sign and trade Gobert for players after his contract expires, won't be able to aggregate player salaries to get another star (with what picks?!), won't be able to raid the buyout market (have they done so even once in franchise history?) and will temporarily be unable to trade their first round pick seven years from next year?

I cannot fathom how that translates into "new CBA means we have to trade KAT by the 2024 season" but :shrug:

Now the focus goes to Jaden. Starting to feel like $125/4 but that may still end up low.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Olshey splashed so much money around on so many dudes. There’s guys I don’t even remember their names anymore, like that one guy who went to the Nets I think? But is probably out of the league now.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That all-time best playoff performance Dame had against the Nuggets was a loss largely because CJ sucked and stepped out of bounds in double overtime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006

leftist heap posted:

Olshey splashed so much money around on so many dudes. There’s guys I don’t even remember their names anymore, like that one guy who went to the Nets I think? But is probably out of the league now.

Allen crabbe