Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Badiucao:

Broelman:

Two things happened, Taylor Swift tickets and ICAC corruption report into NSW premier Gladys Berejiklian.

Leak, Son of Leak:

Thousands rally around Australia in support of voice despite polls suggesting decline in yes vote (guardian).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

lmao

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Hihohe posted:

*sighs and posts the obligatory*

That quote is literally the only thing MLK ever said in his life before he died for some mysterious reason.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Lord Hydronium posted:

That quote is literally the only thing MLK ever said in his life before he died for some mysterious reason.

Evidence suggests he was hit by a folding chair.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Just a quick reminder that when I first started posting Sinfest three years ago it was still going "both sides bad" and now it's full on "All non-conservatives are evil and all gays are disgusting and also discrimination is good actually".

Transphobia leads to incredibly rapid brainrot.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Kellies Nomination: Best Edit/Parody

This got a good laugh from me.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

I mean, I know it is racism since it is Drinky Duck, but 'interactions with seals' sounds very much along the lines of the 'officer involved shooting' euphemism, at least much more than whatever crazy bullshit Fishman is on. Is that just me?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Drew Sheneman

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ashsaber posted:

I mean, I know it is racism since it is Drinky Duck, but 'interactions with seals' sounds very much along the lines of the 'officer involved shooting' euphemism, at least much more than whatever crazy bullshit Fishman is on. Is that just me?

Nah, I thought the exact same thing. Definitely an ACAB cartoon if you're familiar with the lingo.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Bennett has been white noise for so long now it's easy to forget he can put out bangers.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I think there's another reason to give Bennett more credit for his seemingly tepid Dems good Rs bad Trump bad output: remember, he's publishing in loving Tennessee. For his audience, he's practically a radical.

Kellies note as I start setting up the 2023 set: I am resolving the "gently caress you" nominations with this post. If a cartoon is nominated for another category in addition to the "gently caress you", I'm just using the other categories. That said, the following posts/posters only have the "gently caress you", or are missing a nomination category. Would these posters please change these to a different category? Click through to the source post to see any missing embedded cartoon images.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Kellies Nomination: gently caress YOU!

I know that in actuality TERFs aren't necessarily feminist, but loving Goodwyn is not a feminist nor do I think the man can even pretend to be one. There's fewer people with less right to stand up for women's rights in any capacity.

China Daily

Made in Japan by Li Min

Le Monde

by Micaël for La Croix Hebdo

by Chappatte from Switzerland

by Amorim from Brazil

Charlie Hebdo

Reform is:
"Enforcing."
"Pacifying."

Refugees ping-pong: More and more bullets in the barbed wire.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Kellies Nomination: Most Incomprehensible

Kellies Nomination: gently caress You, [Name]

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

Kellies nomination: Best overall

Kellies nomination: gently caress you

World Famous W posted:

im sure it's just oversight that led to only having one yard sign for only one of the rapist candidates and in no way would you say to vote for yours

gently caress you bennett

Edit: Kellies Nomination: (something ill edit in later when i figure out the category)

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jul 3, 2023

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Ashsaber posted:

Got the exact same impression, when really he's trying to say "black people are a different and more dangerous species and SHOULD be treated with distrust!"

What the hell are you talking about, you two loving hate each other.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

Vib Rib posted:

What the hell are you talking about, you two loving hate each other.

Don’t you see? Honest debate makes us better! Marketplace of ideas!
Why won’t you debate me?!

I’ve decided they’re always depicted wandering the desert because this girl has chosen the life of a hermit and is living off a diet of mushrooms and cactus water. That’s more cogent and interesting than whatever useless point Stantis is trying to make.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Ashsaber posted:

Add me to the pile. This was the first thing I thought of, word for word.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

Kellies note as I start setting up the 2023 set: I am resolving the "gently caress you" nominations with this post. If a cartoon is nominated for another category in addition to the "gently caress you", I'm just using the other categories. That said, the following posts/posters only have the "gently caress you", or are missing a nomination category. Would these posters please change these to a different category? Click through to the source post to see any missing embedded cartoon images.

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

It was for this comic. What's the crocodile tears one? Maybe gaslighting? I don't think it's the worst overall. It's just infuriating.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It was for this comic. What's the crocodile tears one? Maybe gaslighting? I don't think it's the worst overall. It's just infuriating.

"most willfully dense" or " worst concern trolling" are also options; worst gaslighting is a popular one, as is "most opposite of reality". Concern trolling might be closest.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

"most willfully dense" or " worst concern trolling" are also options; worst gaslighting is a popular one, as is "most opposite of reality". Concern trolling might be closest.

I like that. Thanks.

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

Kellies Nomination: Worst Concern-trolling

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Definitely concern trolling. There's quite a few conserviative cartoonists (Varvel, Stiglich), who suddenly care a lot about women's rights and feminism when they can pretend that those things are being undermined by trans people.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall:

Ted Rall posted:

Audio has allegedly captured a conversation in which Donald Trump appeared to discuss classified military documents that he knows he wasn’t supposed to have. Trump’s spokesperson claimed that he was "speaking rhetorically and also quite humorously."

First Dog on the Moon: Was it in the spirit of the game? A NATION CRIES WHITHER CRICKET?!

A possible reference to decipher some UK and Aussie cartoons tomorrow.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Andy Marlette

Bob Gorrell

Gary Markstein

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Steve Benson

Steve Breen

Steve Kelley

Don't kinkshame.

Tom Stiglich

Trump would devour the American working class alive if he could. AGC.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Skios posted:

Bob Gorrell

Pants Donkey posted:

Imagine drawing a dude wearing a dark executioner’s hood, complete with angry all-white ryes, waving a noose around and thinking that’s a good character for your pro-execution cartoons
My giant anonymous hammer crushing a much smaller adversary is the good guy.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

idonotlikepeas posted:

Jeff Danziger

Kellies Nomination: Too Many Words

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (Race), Worst Attempt at Using MLK Jr. To Justify Racist Bullshit

Pretty much every single one of these "Yay, no more affirmative action" cartoons imply that no black people were ever qualified enough to get into college and only managed it because of affirmative action.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I can't help but notice that the "actually it's racist to ever do anything to help black people" cartoons aren't even bothering to make their mouthpieces minorities any more.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Silly Branco, you uploaded the wrong version. Here, I fixed it for you.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Neito posted:

Kellies Nomination: Best edit

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
He's ordering an American Worker Steak.

Yeah I dunno either

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Trump wants to consume the american people, and not just sexually. A cannibaltoon.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

I propose a new Kellies award for Worst "That one MLK quote" cartoon.

Also, what is with that teacher's mouth? She looks like a duck.

JamesBont fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jul 3, 2023

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

I'm assuming that's supposed to be Chuck Schumer, but I can't tell if the hosed up buck teeth are supposed to be some sort of insult of Branco not knowing how to draw.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

I think there's another reason to give Bennett more credit for his seemingly tepid Dems good Rs bad Trump bad output: remember, he's publishing in loving Tennessee. For his audience, he's practically a radical.

I have no idea what comic I was referring to anymore, it was a while back, so I guess just drop it.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Neito posted:

Kellies Nomination: Best Edit

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Context: The leader of the communist party in Norway, was caught stealing Hugo Boss glasses at a airport. At first he explained that he simply forgot that he had them, then it was revealed that he took off the price tags and lied to the security personell about them and lastly it was revealed that he put them in his pocket and closed it before walking out of the store.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

There's something incredibly visceral that's awoken in some people about someone opting to remove their tits. Like, even Evangelicals using an otherwise-completely-Bible-based argument against gender diversity will have an aside to mourn the chopping off of the healthy breasts of Our Beautiful Daughters.

Hell, I still remember when Angelina Jolie got a double mastectomy because her family had a history of breast cancer and other risk factors (the article I found while trying to remember exactly who it was has a quote where she said the cancer chance was eighty loving seven percent, and people were all "how dare you" over it.

And you ever notice the anti breast cancer things that are all "save the tatas"? Nothing about the people they're attached to, of course.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Microplastics posted:

He's ordering an American Worker Steak.

Yeah I dunno either

Trump is at Pat’s, one of the most famous places to get a cheesesteak in Philadelphia. The worker behind the counter is asking him if he wants American cheese on his cheesesteak. Trump is replying that he wants an American worker behind the counter at Pat’s. Because both the referred to cheese and the worker are “American”, it fits the vague form of a joke.

Stiglich is using this to remind you that immigrants aren’t actually Americans and never will be, and only Donald J. Trump cares about this and will protect you from scary evil foreigners. Also, Italians might not be Americans, but we’ll leave that implied and not outright stated.

skeleton warrior fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 3, 2023

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
But why Pat's specifically?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

bunnyofdoom posted:

But why Pat's specifically?

You mean why appear at Pat's? It and rival Geno's are broadly well-known in pop culture so they're classic and standard stops for national candidates, playing well to locals and recognizable to others outside the state.