Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Doc Hawkins posted:

i accept that the furniture store owner has slightly more standing to complain

There's apparently an alley w/ a loading zone available for the building lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

this is my city and i cannot stop laughing

https://twitter.com/Mowing_Hosta/status/1675684307266928640

actionjackson has issued a correction as of 18:27 on Jul 3, 2023

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Who the hell drives 10 miles for a pizza?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Texans

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I love farm moron commenting as if it has any relevance to an in city location. But that's the way of it. People have no ability to imagine a different life.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

weird how people will tolerate driving 45 miles for basic home goods but won’t tolerate having to walk the last two or three blocks to the store

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

silicone thrills posted:

I love farm moron commenting as if it has any relevance to an in city location. But that's the way of it. People have no ability to imagine a different life.

I got into an argument with a guy who said there was no point in putting bike lanes in Buffalo, "because you can only use them 4 months out of the year."

yeah before the invention of the automobile, people had no loving clue what to do when it rained or snowed. human beings just hibernated through most of the winter.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
just shovel the bike lane, dumbass! it's the same road as the street underneath!

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I got into an argument with a guy who said there was no point in putting bike lanes in Buffalo, "because you can only use them 4 months out of the year."

yeah before the invention of the automobile, people had no loving clue what to do when it rained or snowed. human beings just hibernated through most of the winter.

If you brought that up he would probably claim everyone used horses and carriages with no actual understanding that it was fairly rare for someone to have horses and carts let alone a nice carriage.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

spacemang_spliff posted:

"I want to shop there. I want to give the small businesses my money," resident Beverly Gores said. "Instead, I had to drive home and eat carrots that were in my refrigerator for lunch. I'm not walking, at 66 years old, three blocks for a taco."

lol 3 blocks is nothing

lol I thought you made up that bizarre thing about carrots

poor Bev is going to die when her supply of refrigerator carrots is exhausted.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

66 is the same age my mom was when she up and walked around the entirety of ireland for some reason. buck up, bev!!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Horace posted:

lol I thought you made up that bizarre thing about carrots

poor Bev is going to die when her supply of refrigerator carrots is exhausted.

she'll just drive to the store and buy more carrots

but wait... all the parking spaces within 20 feet of the entrance are filled. gently caress. gently caress!! she's dead!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

quote:

"They took it all," said Jim Landvick, who runs the Cedar Inn Bar & Grill. "My customers are complaining. It's going to destroy my business."

hmmmmmm

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

ok boomers grooming

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

very keen on hamburguesas el gordo #1

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the massive tension between INTHEKUT BARBERS and In Da Cut Barbershop right next door

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

spacemang_spliff posted:

"I want to shop there. I want to give the small businesses my money," resident Beverly Gores said. "Instead, I had to drive home and eat carrots that were in my refrigerator for lunch. I'm not walking, at 66 years old, three blocks for a taco."

lol 3 blocks is nothing

Mr. Sharps posted:

weird how people will tolerate driving 45 miles for basic home goods but won’t tolerate having to walk the last two or three blocks to the store

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Boywhiz88 posted:

There's apparently an alley w/ a loading zone available for the building lol

not only that

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

That male/female split is interesting, especially given that women live longer and are healthier despite this.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Twerk from Home posted:

That male/female split is interesting, especially given that women live longer and are healthier despite this.

men are just more willing to lie about how strong and fast they are

xiaoren
Dec 9, 2021

As well as be complete idiots about every other aspect of their health, including continuing that physocal activity while sick

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

xiaoren posted:

As well as be complete idiots about every other aspect of their health, including continuing that physocal activity while sick

right, lying to themselves included in that statement

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
"well i played football in high school so yeah I'd say I'm pretty active"

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

if you go further south on cedar from that location you end up at one of the most dangerous intersections of all time. it's where cedar turns into 62 and the lake Nokomis Parkway intersects

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

i mean what could go wrong (after the light speeds pick up quite a bit as it turns into a 62, which is a freeway)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Troutful
May 31, 2011

:coolspot:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i can't believe a store named Groovy's is in fact NOT groovy

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Sharps posted:

66 is the same age my mom was when she up and walked around the entirety of ireland for some reason. buck up, bev!!

But did she get a taco?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

:lol::lol::lol:

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

"well i played football in high school so yeah I'd say I'm pretty active"

literally what my 68 year old dad says. i have never seen or heard of him doing anything like exercising. the most walking he does is grocery shopping.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

business at my bar is going to suffer if parking is too far away for people to drunkenly stumble back to their car :argh:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Rochallor posted:

ok boomers grooming

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

thinking of getting circumcised. should I go with INTHEKUT or their rival In Da Cut?

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

thinking of getting circumcised. should I go with INTHEKUT or their rival In Da Cut?

go to the dog grooming shop

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

there are five o's in Booomer's Grooming. (fire dept on the way)

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Midwesterners.

Small business owners really believe in their heart of hearts that their customers will turn around and go home if they can't pull in to the closest parking space right out front.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

not enough parking

needs more parking imo

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Mr. Sharps posted:

very keen on hamburguesas el gordo #1

that place does kick rear end

Cedar Inn has good wings and cheap beer (had at least, been a few years since I've been), RIP in peace if only it had more parking to drive drunk home from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
i visited a friend in Denver and we went to a pretty decent mexican place that was in a strip mall that they made "pedestrian friendly" and "added places to hang out" and i mentioned that all they did was replace the massive parking lot with a weird boulevard of diagonal parking and remove maybe 10 parking spaces for some trees and benches and if everyone was so excited about that imagine how much better the world would be without loving cars