Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Cross post from the official bob dylan thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae9dsrtiXQI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dicere
Oct 31, 2005
Non plaudite modo pecuniam jacite.

Seeing Dead & Co in Boulder on night two. Never miss a Sunday show, right?

Edit: I also heard Oteil announce he's putting out a solo album of Jerry ballads. I'm looking forward to that.

Dicere
Oct 31, 2005

Aw poo poo Weirs got a slide

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Lately I've been thinking about a toxic relationship I was in for a year and a half. She professed to be a Deadhead, and when we started talking about it she confessed she only listens to studio Dead. I should have known.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Mickey rapped the last verse of Fire On The Mountain last night

Dicere
Oct 31, 2005

Noise Machine posted:

And Oteil broke out the bass banjo.

The heat almost took me last night. A rando hustler was selling waters outside the stadium and she saved my life. There was nothing formal or official outside the venue to keep people alive.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Noise Machine posted:

Big Furthur 96 vibes

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Dicere posted:

And Oteil broke out the bass banjo.

The heat almost took me last night. A rando hustler was selling waters outside the stadium and she saved my life. There was nothing formal or official outside the venue to keep people alive.

Yeah I’m on day 3 today and I’m completely beat down, physically. I was lucky to get into that grocery store on Folsom St with 5 minutes before they closed, and got some water. I also couldn’t hail a car back to my Airbnb after Saturday night’s show until 1:15am, way too far to walk unfortunately.

The music has been amazing. The entire experience has been a bit of a grind at my age. I’ve been queuing up at the security gates extra early so I can get a GA seat in the shade and that multi hour wait is a slog.

Dicere
Oct 31, 2005

trem_two posted:

Yeah I’m on day 3 today and I’m completely beat down, physically. I was lucky to get into that grocery store on Folsom St with 5 minutes before they closed, and got some water. I also couldn’t hail a car back to my Airbnb after Saturday night’s show until 1:15am, way too far to walk unfortunately.

The music has been amazing. The entire experience has been a bit of a grind at my age. I’ve been queuing up at the security gates extra early so I can get a GA seat in the shade and that multi hour wait is a slog.

I won't fill up the thread with a whole trip report but Morning Dew hit pretty heavy after having fought off passing out from the high temperature.

Stay hydrated and enjoy night 3.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Dicere posted:

I won't fill up the thread with a whole trip report but Morning Dew hit pretty heavy after having fought off passing out from the high temperature.

Yeah that was a pretty amazing performance. My whole section started giving Mayer an old school standing ovation in that last solo.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

trem_two posted:

Yeah that was a pretty amazing performance. My whole section started giving Mayer an old school standing ovation in that last solo.

Were they sitting before? How old were these people?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

BigFactory posted:

Were they sitting before? How old were these people?

Actually a lot of people were sitting since the start of Drums. I think because it was just so drat hot in there.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Word rippling through the security lines is there is a special guest tonight 🤔

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

trem_two posted:

It’s Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

BigFactory posted:

It’s Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

She could probably do a mean PITB Donna skreeeech

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

trem_two posted:

I've read that it's Dave Matthews

Dicere
Oct 31, 2005

Holographic Jerry

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"
Special guest Barry Garcia

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Noise Machine posted:

I've read that it's Dave Matthews

poo poo that is what everybody is saying now bleh

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Holographic DMB Kinzie Street Bridge experience

Dicere
Oct 31, 2005

Somehow Jerry has returned.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Dicere posted:

Somehow Jerry has returned.

Jerry Lewis

Dicere
Oct 31, 2005

BigFactory posted:

Jerry Lewis

A little Schtick inside of Drums is an idea with legs.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
So it obviously was Dave, on the last 4 songs. He really only Dave'ed up All Along The Watchtower thankfully, his presence on the other stuff was more integrated with the band.

Even with his presence, my ranking of the 3 shows in order was Monday, then Saturday, then Sunday. All 3 were great, and even with the Sunday show being the "worst" by my own rankings it still had some of the biggest highlights of the entire run packed into the 2nd set.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

I'm still thinkin bout that Dew

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

an archive org reviewer posted:

it was so hot and no clouds in the sky, but one. That little Cloud drifted right over the audience and rained and cooled everybody down. Everybody was looking at each other wanting to ask if it really happened, but no one did. I still don't know if it really happened. My girlfriend at the time had huge hooters and was not wearing a bra. The looks she got were priceless. I became a Dead Head that day.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Bobby wasn't happy when a mic malfunctioned tonight

https://twitter.com/PhishPhashion/status/1677910383783182337

I think that this 2nd Gorge show is the best show of the tour so far

Dicere
Oct 31, 2005

I think there's a gif floating around of Weir slapping a mic. So I guess that's his thing.

The old Dead didn't have a lot of patience for gently caress ups.

Dicere
Oct 31, 2005

Aw poo poo it was during The Eleven. I really like how Weir sings that - a genuine improvement over the way the Dead did it, in my opinion.

I'd be pissed too. : (

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

quote:

Great show. This might be the show where this guy we knew from high school followed this girl around entire pre show and parking lot scene. She was in a skimpy bikini and had a boa constrictor. Might have been another RFK show but I've got the venue correct if not the date. There were a couple times we had people ask us where Dave was, we told them their best bet was to find the girl in the bikini with the boa. It worked. Turns out there were quite a few Daves following her around. Whatever works

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
It's a shame they're ending because they've been fantastic this tour. Maybe Jay Lane was what they needed this whole time?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

DrVenkman posted:

It's a shame they're ending because they've been fantastic this tour. Maybe Jay Lane was what they needed this whole time?

Yeah its a bummer that they're ending things now, and they seem to be still gaining additional momentum as the tour progresses. I think Jay is a big part of it, probably the biggest part, but I think Mayer has upped his game too in terms of long jams and solos. Just off the top of my head JM's Sugaree, Help/Slipknot/Franklin, St. Stephen, and Eyes performances have been on another level compared to before.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
For the older guys there's little reason to leave gas in the tank. Might as well go all out

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
New AI upscale of today's 1990 show is remarkably well done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqSsDjryQ-o

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
nugs.net picked a bad night to have their web platform poo poo the bed

Dicere
Oct 31, 2005

trem_two posted:

nugs.net picked a bad night to have their web platform poo poo the bed

I'm betting they can't handle the demand

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Dicere posted:

I'm betting they can't handle the demand

ding ding ding womp womp

https://twitter.com/nugsnet/status/1680739872594698240

Dicere
Oct 31, 2005

I can't say I'm shocked but it's gotta be bad news for nugs. It seems like NOBODY is getting to see it live except the crowd in SF. That's a shitload of tickets to refund (assuming that's offered).

I have some sympathy but they advertised THE poo poo out of this show.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Nugs are really handing this in the worst way possible and are now blocking people on social media that have been asking for refunds for the live stream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dicere
Oct 31, 2005

Welp the audio of the last show is finally up. Here we go.