Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrokenLink
Apr 27, 2013
They throw or plant the bombs in the correct contexts, near an enemy or a destroyable wall.
In the gamecube version, they dropped the bombs when you whistled them, but not in this version thankfully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Just got rid of the Cutscene lag in Raincode. Just changed the Switches TV settings to 720p instead of 1080. Game still looks more or less the same and runs better.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

HPanda posted:

Yeah, but c'mon. Don't you wanna hear Soken do another one with bits of Mario-inspired sections? Sure, the original Super Mario RPG didn't have that going, but let's get crazy.

If you’re talking about inserting Mario leitmotifs in the way that Soken works in the FF prelude into everything, I totally agree that would be dope af.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Ugggh, I'm really disappointed to read that the co-op in the campaign of Pikmin 4 is just some lame Mario Galaxy type thing where player 2 is just a cursor that throws rocks or something. Like at that point why even bother with it, just play single player.
Having the same style of co-op as 3 was the #1 thing me and my wife and also my sisters in law who have put like 8 billion hours into the co-op in 3 were looking forward to. Was even going to buy another controller for it. I guess having only played the Switch version of 3 I only really think of Pikmin as a 2 player game, I'm not even sure if I ever played it single player. 3 was very good co-op like splitting up to work on different objectives and I guess I should have expected as much since they didn't show off co-op in any of the Nintendo directs but it was always listed as 1-2 players on Dekudeals and the eShop so I thought it must work similarly to 3.
I preordered it already with the voucher back when I got TotK but my excitement for it basically just fell through the floor after finding out it's more or less single player only.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Lots of people have young children in their lives that like to be part of the video game with them OP.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I just picked up Pikmin 1, and was the option to reset to a specific day present in the Wii port? That was by far my favorite QoL upgrade in 3.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

FlapYoJacks posted:

Lots of people have young children in their lives that like to be part of the video game with them OP.

Uh, not complaining about the fact that it is there, but that it's a really big step backwards from the previous game in the series. (the Switch version of it anyway)

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Sam Faust posted:

I just picked up Pikmin 1, and was the option to reset to a specific day present in the Wii port? That was by far my favorite QoL upgrade in 3.

It was added with the New Play Control port yeah

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Kirios posted:

Just finished Pikmin 4. It is...completely different than any other Pikmin game before it.

I still don't know how to feel about it.

I imagine having a custom protagonist is a serious change to a series that until now has been heavily defined by the protagonists being distinct characters with their own personalities, roles and arcs.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I imagine having a custom protagonist is a serious change to a series that until now has been heavily defined by the protagonists being distinct characters with their own personalities, roles and arcs.

‘Pom’ seems to be the canon/default design for this character, which I’m happy with and will probably use in the main game. She’s got a great ‘new employee’ face.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Item Getter posted:

Ugggh, I'm really disappointed to read that the co-op in the campaign of Pikmin 4 is just some lame Mario Galaxy type thing where player 2 is just a cursor that throws rocks or something. Like at that point why even bother with it, just play single player.
Having the same style of co-op as 3 was the #1 thing me and my wife and also my sisters in law who have put like 8 billion hours into the co-op in 3 were looking forward to. Was even going to buy another controller for it. I guess having only played the Switch version of 3 I only really think of Pikmin as a 2 player game, I'm not even sure if I ever played it single player. 3 was very good co-op like splitting up to work on different objectives and I guess I should have expected as much since they didn't show off co-op in any of the Nintendo directs but it was always listed as 1-2 players on Dekudeals and the eShop so I thought it must work similarly to 3.
I preordered it already with the voucher back when I got TotK but my excitement for it basically just fell through the floor after finding out it's more or less single player only.

Is this for real? The co-op is "you get to use a cursor"?

Wtf? I'd understand this if it was a mode added to the port of Pikmin 1, but to do that after Pikmin 3 is :psyduck:

You want to allow the 2nd player to help out in that way, fine, make it a mode or option. But jfc, put in actual co-op gameplay, Nintendo.

I sincerely hope that this is just some demo limitation and Nintendo is horrible with PR and there's the option to have both players controlling their own character in the full game.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Is this for real? The co-op is "you get to use a cursor"?

Wtf? I'd understand this if it was a mode added to the port of Pikmin 1, but to do that after Pikmin 3 is :psyduck:

You want to allow the 2nd player to help out in that way, fine, make it a mode or option. But jfc, put in actual co-op gameplay, Nintendo.

I sincerely hope that this is just some demo limitation and Nintendo is horrible with PR and there's the option to have both players controlling their own character in the full game.

It'll be just as feature deep as the co-op in Bowser's Fury!

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Snake Maze posted:

Cassette Beasts just got a patch on switch that drastically improves the performance, if anyone was waiting for that. I was very negative on the port when it first came out, but after playing for a half hour or so post patch I’d say it’s totally fine now.

Neat! I wonder if that was a Switch-only patch or if it was across the board performance improvements.

I've been really gettin' into it on the Steam Dreck recently.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Hammer Bro. posted:

Neat! I wonder if that was a Switch-only patch or if it was across the board performance improvements.

I've been really gettin' into it on the Steam Dreck recently.

The patch itself was was for version 1.2 and added some new content (there’s a news post in the switch feed about it), so I assume all the platforms got that, at least.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
Hay guyz Nintendo totally going to announce switch 2 this month.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i have a Switch 2 devkit AMA

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy

symbolic posted:

i have a Switch 2 devkit AMA

Is a pizza just an open-faced sandwich?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Punkreas posted:

Is a pizza just an open-faced sandwich?

i will not be taking any more questions at this time

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The Merkinman posted:

How is this different from every other Switch Pro devkit that's been leaked?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Len posted:

:thejoke:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

In Rain Code, I really wish you could skip or fast forward the case overview that happens after you solve it. I already know what happened, I just spent the last hour unraveling everything!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Reminds me of the bullshit flashbacks that got real popular in ace attorney 2 and onwards. The game literally replays what just happened maybe MINUTES AGO except it's in grayscale now so you know it's a memory/reflection

Nope it's not sped up at all they're literally re-using content as padding or I have no fuckin clue what their goal is. Thankfully I haven't seen much of this in the great ace attorney duology

But yeah this is just making me reflect on the fact that the second AA trilogy kinda sucks compared to the rest of the franchise. The guitar scene in Apollo Justice is just the worst lol

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Len posted:

the difference is that this one’s real, obviously

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Augus posted:

the difference is that this one’s real, obviously

lol

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

The Merkinman posted:

This is most likely bullshit, but the same person leaked Metroid Dread before it was revealed.

It's also not rocket science to figure that Mercury Stream has a dev kit for the Switch successor.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

The Switch’s successor is far enough along that Nintendo’s confirmed they’ll be using Switch Online accounts for the transition to “the new hardware” so it’s not really that out there to assume dev kits exist for it, but :lol: at thinking they’ll announce it the month after announcing a shitload of new Switch games stretching into the end of this year. My guess is we’ll get a fall announcement for a spring ‘24 launch, at the earliest

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
There will be no new switch

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Nintendo Swutch

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Many people are calling them “Wintendo” these days

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Yes, it was smart rear end commentary on the constant switch leak news

:thejoke:

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
I'm sure we'll soon ascertain it is genuine by matching the reflection of a tree outside a game studio office.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Nintendo decided to skip the Switch 2 and go right to the Switch 3 instead.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Mega64 posted:

The Switch 3 has no games.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Mega64 posted:

Nintendo Sw4tch

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Mega64 posted:

Ah, the Goat Simulator method. :hai:

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

The Nintendo 8

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I hear they’re calling it ‘Mario’s Box’

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The DSwitch

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004