Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Lord_Magmar posted:

I'm down for new Titans tbh, we know that there have been deaths amongst the Titans, or at least unborn Titans lost to the Void (and Argus is arguably an unborn Titan lost to Fel Corruption).

Simon, The Flavor

All minion's Attack/Health/cost are based off how cool their art/voice line/name is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

3 free standard packs available if you have Amazon prime, via prime gaming.

Also the selection of stuff to buy in game in hs store is getting dizzying...

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
5-1 in Casual Wild, may have to move to Ranked. This is a lot of fun:

### Pirate Paladin
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Crystology
# 2x (1) Mistake
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (1) Sanguine Soldier
# 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 2x (2) Amalgam of the Deep
# 1x (2) Blood Matriarch Liadrin
# 2x (2) Fogsail Freebooter
# 2x (2) Instrument Tech
# 2x (2) Parachute Brigand
# 2x (2) Ship's Cannon
# 2x (3) Alliance Bannerman
# 2x (3) Disco Maul
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
# 2x (4) Dread Corsair
# 1x (5) Magatha, Bane of Music
#
AAEBAZ8FBJG8AvvoA4SWBebkBQ3UBfsP2f4C6bAD8PYDpooEyaAEssEEgZYFlaoFwMQFuMUF1p4GAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Costumed Singer is in the mage tavern brawl deck.

2/1 draw secret at end of turn

no secrets in deck.

the gently caress is wrong with this game

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I stopped playing before shadowlands who the gently caress is the primus

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I stopped playing before shadowlands who the gently caress is the primus

New character, part of a Pantheon(the Eternal ones) that’s supposed to be the equal of the Titans. Denathrius and the Jailer are also Eternal ones

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I hope the Warlock Titan has an Imp-losion ability. :classiclol:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
hhahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

### Blood-Buffed Menagerie
# Class: Death Knight
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Mistake
# 2x (2) Amalgam of the Deep
# 2x (2) Blood Tap
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 2x (2) Party Animal
# 2x (2) Stereo Totem
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 2x (3) Chillfallen Baron
# 2x (3) Harmonic Metal
# 2x (3) Outfit Tailor
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
# 2x (4) Nerubian Swarmguard
# 1x (5) Magatha, Bane of Music
# 1x (5) Overlord Runthak
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 2x (6) Gnome Muncher
# 2x (6) Hollow Hound
# 1x (7) The One-Amalgam Band
#
AAEBAfHhBAaFF/voA6qKBK/DBebkBdj2BQyR5AOywQSS5ASH9gSY9gSz9wSVqgXYxgWUygXizQXW0AWP5AUAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Previous Titan speculation was correct, Here’s the lore of them

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Titans suck because they're all incredibly human looking in a game with a lot of races.

Same with how dragons all used to look like elves in their humanoid form.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

bumping with a reminder today is the day

quote:

This weekend, July 1-July 2, we’ll be hosting a special Community Day to celebrate the new Twist Beta and the upcoming launch of TITANS! By participating in Community Day, you can earn 11 free packs within 24 hours! From July 1, 12:00 p.m. (PDT) to July 2, 11:59 a.m. (PDT), earn six drops, each for watching 1 hour of any Hearthstone stream.

First hour: 1 Ashes of Outland Pack + 1 Scholomance Academy Pack
Second hour: 1 Madness at the Darkmoon Faire Pack + 1 Forged in the Barrens Pack
Third hour: 1 United in Stormwind Pack + 1 Fractured in Alterac Valley Pack
Fourth hour: 1 Voyage to the Sunken City Pack + 1 Murder at Castle Nathria Pack
Fifth hour: 1 March of the Lich King Pack + 1 Festival of Legends Pack
Sixth hour: 1 TITANS Pack

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Reddit post with some specific details on how Titans work.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Scholtz posted:

Titans suck because they're all incredibly human looking in a game with a lot of races.

Same with how dragons all used to look like elves in their humanoid form.
Back when I played World of Warcraft, I was never that interested or invested in the lore so I knew that the Titans existed but basically up until this set reveal I hadn't really looked at any of them. In my head they were more like Marvel's Celestials; weird giant incomprehensible alien thingies that do stuff that normal people can't really understand and have to try to piece together a reason for later. But nope, they're just more regular Warcraft dudes only big.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

The tl;dr here is:

1) Titans effectively have charge, but their first three attacks are expended by using their abilities. (If they get windfury, they can use two abilities, and if they get frozen they can’t use any.)
2) Copies on board (Cover Artist, Reverberations) retain state regarding what abilities have been used, but copies in hand (Zola, etc) do not.
3) Titans are excluded from random generation, discover, and transformation.

bravesword fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jul 1, 2023

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I'm surprised they're not giving away some "Exodia" to "one lucky player" in each marketplace that has an ability to forcibly log you out of the game, but only once, of course.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Titans are supposed to be the size of a planet, so Death Knights getting the Primus, who is just the size of like, a two-story house, seems like a bit of a disadvantage.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I know, we really shouldn't complain after getting 11 packs for basically free, but the last card pack from the Twitch drops was a FoL pack instead of a Titans pack for me, so :thumbsup: for another job well done.

Maybe they'll realize their mistake and give out another pack.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

mcbexx posted:

I know, we really shouldn't complain after getting 11 packs for basically free, but the last card pack from the Twitch drops was a FoL pack instead of a Titans pack for me, so :thumbsup: for another job well done.

Maybe they'll realize their mistake and give out another pack.

RidiculousHat just came into a stream chat and confirmed it; if you claim NOW you'll properly get a Titans pack and they'll give out a Titans pack to those who got a FoL pack erroneously later this week

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Titans are Mercenaries in function for their first three actions. It's the same behavior!

You will never be free of Mercs :classiclol:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Navaash posted:

Titans are Mercenaries in function for their first three actions. It's the same behavior!

You will never be free of Mercs :classiclol:

Fortunately they removed it from the main menu in the latest patch

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

RatHat posted:

Fortunately they removed it from the main menu in the latest patch
I hope that they continue to hide it deeper and deeper in sub-menus until in a few years people will be asking me 'how are you level 366 on the rewards track' and I will simply smile quietly. Single player Mercenaries remains the very best way to gain experience and I hope that it never goes away.

Also, out of the eleven free packs this weekend I got absolutely nothing which isn't surprising but with them I am almost back up to 80k dust.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I'm feelin really sick and twisted in this new constructed mode. :c00l:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

cant believe this stupid build worked

(kept a 2nd Octosari in hand)

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

That Priest Titan looks pretty cool

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

That Priest Titan looks pretty cool

the other two abilities aren't that good but double Life Sentence on a 3/7 body is really good for 7 mana

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

So I just found out that Drakefire Amulet is guaranteed to summon two Halehs due to the deck building restrictions in Twist.

Oh, and Clumsy Courier is also in there.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

mcbexx posted:

So I just found out that Drakefire Amulet is guaranteed to summon two Halehs due to the deck building restrictions in Twist.

in the same vein, in Twist shamans only have 3 valid 7-cost and 8-cost minions to discover into (or I guess Evolve into with, say, a blazing transmutation)

7 costs
Glugg
Bearon Gla'shear
Wrathspine Enchanter

8 cost
Torghast Custodian
Al-Akir
Blightblood Berserker

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

mcbexx posted:

On the other hand, the format is absurdly fast, so anyone trying for this is going to get killed before they can pop off. It’s pretty much Wild Lite, and there’s not much room for fiddly do-nothing turns. I’m pretty sure I’m undefeated versus Mages of all varieties in this format. You almost have to laugh at anyone trying to run out a turn four Incanter’s Flow and hoping that does something.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
Hunter's Titan looks like it was supposed to be Warrior's, but someone changed their mind at the last moment.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

Szarrukin posted:

Hunter's Titan looks like it was supposed to be Warrior's, but someone changed their mind at the last moment.

I mean, they seeded the whole Hunter weapon thing last year, it’s just they nerfed the hell out of Shockspitter so no one remembers it.

Honestly, with Brann and Devouring Swarm gone, they could probably do at least a partial revert on Shockspitter without breaking anything (Breeder and Zola are the only ways to get dupes, plus I guess Youthful Brewmaster)… but that deck was pretty boring, honestly, so I’m not in any hurry to have it back.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Also, there aren't a ton of ways to fit the Titans' identity of "slow value engine that's a pain in the rear end to remove" with any of Hunter's big archetypes? They just did a whole expansion of big beast hunter so they don't want to repeat themselves that fast, and I guess you could go hard on hunter secrets but the Mage titan already kinda does that as one of its survival tools. So sure, focus on Hunter's old identity of "guy who beats you with a bow for four rounds in a row".

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Excelzior posted:

in the same vein, in Twist shamans only have 3 valid 7-cost and 8-cost minions to discover into (or I guess Evolve into with, say, a blazing transmutation)

7 costs
Glugg
Bearon Gla'shear
Wrathspine Enchanter

8 cost
Torghast Custodian
Al-Akir
Blightblood Berserker

The only 9-drop possible for Shaman is Overlord Drakuru :getin: it was awesome getting two of them and then taking their board for myself

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
In Twist, Harmonic Disco has about a 33% chance to get Kangor, which potentially makes Dancing/Big Paladin loving hilarious

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

minor balance patch coming

Death Blossom Whomper getting nerfed (probably reverted to 6 mana)

in Twist,we're getting 3 bans : Glide (DH), Crypt-Keeper (Druid), Refreshing Spring Water (Mage)

bunch of BG armor and minion changes

https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1676259587630981124

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Whomper was always a weird card to buff in the first place. It wasn't a bad card to start with, and speeding it up could only generate negative play patterns. Plus, they nerfed the archetype enabled by the cards in the new set in order to prop up one that was mostly old cards, which seems kind of not good?

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
A Recycling Wraith buff? Weird

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
is questline druid really that good in Twist? I have a feeling that it gets its rear end kicked by anything that has taunt, especially totem shaman.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Szarrukin posted:

is questline druid really that good in Twist? I have a feeling that it gets its rear end kicked by anything that has taunt, especially totem shaman.

feels like one of those changes that came up after reviewing the day 1 data and then they just never looked at it again

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
It loses to stuff that goes wide, because its only tool for handling a big board is duplicating Umbral Owl and Rake with Moonlit Guidance and Oracle of Elune, and it can usually only do that trick once. However, it handily beats combo, burn, and control, because it just shits out so much damage and armor and most defensive tools (freezes, removal, etc) are completely inadequate against it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Huh. Weird card, it’s hard to judge without seeing the rest of Paladin’s cards