Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Meowywitch posted:

lycoreco

Do you think they got married at the end of that one too

It's legal in Hawaii

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Think about what you did grandma

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Justin_Brett posted:

It's legal in Hawaii

It's legal in every us state :goonsay:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Fluffdaddy posted:

Not really a spoiler but

they really just left prospera at the bottom of that steep rear end hill in a wheelchair.

unironically one of the funniest things in the show

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Current mood

https://twitter.com/HeyHelloWinter/status/1675963629445828609?s=20

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Sequel series featuring me and my wife

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPK23K7ipVo

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Justin_Brett posted:

It's legal in Hawaii

Meowywitch posted:

It's legal in every us state :goonsay:

I think I remember hearing something about gay and lesbian Japanese couples "taking a trip to Hawaii" as a similar code for couples here in the US "taking a trip to Massachusetts" back when they were the first state to legalize it, so the ending to Lycoreco could easily be seen as a reference to that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

A special clear color edition Aerial kit will be sold for a limited time exclusively at The Gundam Base Tokyo starting on the 22nd.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIiiUCRhdzs

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I dunno I thought the ending was cool

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Pride Gundam was badass as hell and it needs to be in a video game or something

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Suletta looks badass with the permit scars

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The ending was good and it's good for stories to end.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I feel like you can't really change the ending without messing it up. It may not have given people everything they wanted but a lot of what people want (such as a fight scene for the final form of Calibarn) would have kinda messed it up thematically.

As for the length, I was starting to get worried that it was going to be only two cours around when Sophie died. It would have been surprisingly early for a fifty episode run but was the exact right spot for the length we got. I feel like there was never any serious discussion inside Bandai/Sunrise about extending it. Now that we have the ending and see what was actually important and what wasn't the pacing makes sense to me.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The ending was good and it's good for stories to end.

Ah but I have issues with letting go, friend

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Fluffdaddy posted:

Not really a spoiler but

they really just left prospera at the bottom of that steep rear end hill in a wheelchair.

If they left her at the top of the hill she might wheel herself home

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Real question is, will Permet Score GAY be a single attack the Calibarn has in SRW, or will it be a Combo Attack between Calibarn and Aerial?

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Monkey Fracas posted:

*casually moves slab of concrete like it's made of styrofoam*

I still hold that space concrete is gonna be lightweight stuff packed with composites instead of rock. Gravity is likely lower on the station too.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I cannot stop looking at Sulemio fanart. It's sustaining me.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Takoluka posted:

Yeah and people say Twitter isn't good for anything anymore

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Takoluka posted:

This is Mioletta erasure, but otherwise, yeah.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

StrifeHira posted:

Real question is, will Permet Score GAY be a single attack the Calibarn has in SRW, or will it be a Combo Attack between Calibarn and Aerial?

I bet anything it's going to be a secret requiring X number of Eri Points or whatever to get her uploaded into the Calibarn instead of the keychain or something where she'll become co-pilot and then it'll become something you can do all the time. Maybe with an optional salvaged Aerial afterwards that you can either swap her back into, or put someone else in to operate without the eri exclusive skills.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Things that actually happen in source material aren't usually secrets...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/SATORI_PROGRAM/status/1676059786549272578

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Twitter now requires an account to click through, so it would be appreciated if people could screenshot the art/threads.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Ranzear posted:

I still hold that space concrete is gonna be lightweight stuff packed with composites instead of rock. Gravity is likely lower on the station too.

Yeah but very buff Suletta though

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
This was legit my favorite Gundam series.

I'm a maybe little greedy that I would want more just because it was just such a gorgeous (and gay) series, and I would have liked to see more of that world explored, but I am also just super pleased with what we got.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Sorus posted:

This was legit my favorite Gundam series.

:same:

But it's also my first, so... I do have this 00 War in the Pocket stuff I got recommended queued to watch next.

As someone who never touched anything Gundam before (aside some Sega Saturn games), I was surprised during the final episode some people here going "yeah, ok, I guess it can go into my Top 5 Gundam" and I was like "oh, now I need to know what are the others in that list because that seems pretty drat stacked".

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There's really not that much Gundam that's Outright Bad, even stuff like Seed/Destiny has its ardent fans

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
People are allowed to be wrong.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Saoshyant posted:

But it's also my first, so... I do have this 00 War in the Pocket stuff I got recommended queued to watch next.

Oh you’re in for a “treat” if you haven’t watched War in the Pocket yet. It’s incredible, but both times I’ve watched it, it’s left me feeling empty afterwards. A great entry point for the Universal Century!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

As someone who never touched anything Gundam before (aside some Sega Saturn games), I was surprised during the final episode some people here going "yeah, ok, I guess it can go into my Top 5 Gundam" and I was like "oh, now I need to know what are the others in that list because that seems pretty drat stacked".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxtT-7fTO9o

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/ponpoppoto/status/1675463176857714688?s=20

Definitely not a trio I was expecting, but one that I'll gladly take.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

Turn A Turn.

Though yes I think War in the Pocket is probably the best Gundam thing they ever made.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

My friend shared Mobile Fighter G Gundam with me so I might check that out. I caught something about Neo-America in there and that sounds funny.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

There is nothing funny about Neo-America and it's champion, true American boxer/football player Chibodee Crockett and his team of cheerleaders/mechanics.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Dolash posted:

My friend shared Mobile Fighter G Gundam with me so I might check that out. I caught something about Neo-America in there and that sounds funny.

it's good fam. each series is a bit different so there's something for everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Hellioning posted:

There is nothing funny about Neo-America and it's champion, true American boxer/football player Chibodee Crockett and his team of cheerleaders/mechanics.

The best thing about G Gundam is how deadpan it is about its own ridiculousness. Even when you can tell the writers thought something was funny, the show doesn't treat it as weird at all. Why would anyone think that Neo Mexico being a giant sombrero was unusual?