Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Dimebags Brain posted:

The collapsible time keeper area was part of the series between the Shield and Bryan/Kane/+1 in 2013 lol. Reigns kept spearing Kane into it until the last match where Kane dodged it and took out Reigns instead. The last decade of WWE has been built entirely around him and they've lost more viewers in that time then people who still watch but yeah Roman is a giant draw.

Holy poo poo that was 10 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

An important note from tonight's raw:

The birds that flew out of Riddle's butt this week were eagles. Somehow, this didn't seem as patriotic as they were hoping it would be.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Triple h is booking it :confused:

all the way to a different fed if he's smart

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
I still think Cody is winning at WM

also I would actually write the "so you want to get into wwe" guide but I doubt there's any actual interest

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
nobody said the guide had to be about modern wwe

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Someone make a "so you wanna get into WWE" thread and just link the NY64

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
It should link to a gif of Kojima doing a flying elbow into Punk's cock and balls

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

fez_machine posted:

It should link to a gif of Kojima doing a flying elbow into Punk's cock and balls

That just makes me wanna watch AEW

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Majinfoose posted:

Someone make a "so you wanna get into WWE" thread and just link the NY64

brb renaming and sticking the NY64 thread.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Assign a poster to write a “So You Want To Get Into WWE” primer guide to help the clueless here out

Just Sean Lock's bits on loop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfFSxyrCnLk&t=58s

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

jackofarcades posted:

I still think Cody is winning at WM

also I would actually write the "so you want to get into wwe" guide but I doubt there's any actual interest

The only reason I believe this has any chance of happening is because next year is WM 40.
And every 10 WMs they make the correct booking choice.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Already a DC Comics character

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Majinfoose posted:

That just makes me wanna watch AEW

working as planned

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Hey guys guess what happened again. again.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It’s just another chapter in the story, calm down.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

every 10 WMs they make the correct booking choice.

WM 10 posted:

Yokozuna retains world title over Lex Luger by DQ
:thunk:

WM 20 posted:

Chris Benoit
:thunk:

30 I won't argue (people will about Taker's streak tho), AJ Lee deserved to retain

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Pope Corky the IX posted:

It’s just another chapter in the story, calm down.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
They put the belt on some injury prone indie geek instead of ”The Animal” Batista, sounds like a bad booking decision to me.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ThePariah posted:

They put the belt on some injury prone indie geek instead of ”The Animal” Batista, sounds like a bad booking decision to me.

He deserved better than that place and that belt, and without it he was free to be cast for Blade Runner 2049 a year or so later. It worked out for us

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

projecthalaxy posted:

and he BEAT him, and he BEAT him, and BEAT him

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There's an issue with my book, it's just the same chapter printed over and over 50 times

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Cody can win at mania next year because he won’t be facing the big dog for the big belt it’ll be on the pre-show against fuckin, I dunno, Butch, except he’s partway through the 12 point plan to give him his name back so he’s Pete Butcher now doing a Pam St Clement gimmick with big comedy earrings.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

ThePariah posted:

What exactly was WWE's intended plan after 30? Batista wins, defends the belt against Orton until he has to do the press junket for GOTG as champ (press and Dave don't care) then drop it to Brock at Summerslam?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They barely mentioned that Dave was in a movie because they thought it was going to bomb. And then he came back between Infinity War and Endgame and they still didn’t say anything.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I hope it's because Dave laughed in Vince's face when he demanded a cut.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

when you only have like four guys you push as main eventers they're gonna keep fighting each other until one of the four retires, then you get to fight a new one of the four when they decide who that will be - but there can only be that many in total then, now, forever

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

If you squint the thumbnail looks like Sid beating Cody's rear end.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

In fairness to WWE, at the time Benoit was the right choice and it was a pretty great moment.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

the young fan who cried tears of joy getting Cody’s belt last night, that’s why no matter the hate and the seething Cody will be the best, the man is the babyface wrestling has needed for years and the best good guy in wrestling since Daniel Bryan.

Also this idea that Brock is burying Cody is absurd when Cody pinned the guy and then got the too tough to tap submission loss, no one has been booked this strong against Brock since HHH

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

it's typically psp vs cody's booking (and the comedy it provides), not psp vs cody

I mean he went from being the hottest momentum prospective main event level guy in wwe that had just jumped companies to losing all his big matches then having a fued with dominik mysterio lol

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jul 4, 2023

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

it's typically psp vs cody's booking (and the comedy it provides), not psp vs cody

I mean he went from being the hottest prospect that had just jumped companies to losing big matches then having a fued with dominik mysterio lol

So he started feuding with the next hottest prospect, Prison Dom. Makes sense to me.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

it's weird to look at that downgrade in booking while losing every big match opportunity and come up with 'man people here really don't like cody'

I think had they handled it right people would be stoked about main event champion cody

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I love Cody for no longer wrestling in a company I watch, it's very good and I am grateful

Still mad that time we were getting Kenny vs Kota and Gedo decided to make it a 3 way with Cody.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I prefer the rubber chicken tbh

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Cody could have and should have won at Mania but the thing about modern WWE is that as soon as you show any chance of being special in any way they feel the need to squash you into a little box lest you dare outshine The Brand. It's just depressing to see him go through the same bullshit WWE always does where they only allow people to be special in their own universe. And it's just boring to see him fight Brock over and over again. It isn't ADR vs. Sheamus yet but man, WWE loves just running the same match constantly.

The dude was primed to succeed in a way and in a company that felt right for him. He could have been The Face. Now he's another WWE Wrestler. Just like Sami is. It's more of a bummer to me than anything.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’d be genuinely happy for Cody if he had won the big one but I’m also genuinely happy that his WWE run has been funny as gently caress instead.

Comedy enjoyers stay winning.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

I’d be genuinely happy for Cody if he had won the big one but I’m also genuinely happy that his WWE run has been funny as gently caress instead.

Comedy enjoyers stay winning.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

yeah honestly that too

and he BEAT him

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

It's just depressing to see him go through the same bullshit WWE always does where they only allow people to be special in their own universe. And it's just boring to see him fight Brock over and over again. It isn't ADR vs. Sheamus yet but man, WWE loves just running the same match constantly..

You say depressing, I say hilarious.

We ALL saw this coming. Either Cody thought he'd be treated specially (lol) or is making huge bank, in which case his booking doesn't matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I just don't think anyone here can disagree that they're booking him like a WWE star though