Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

uwaeve posted:

Poison dot time going from 3s to 1.5s, and base damage pulled back a bit to bring it inline with other lightweights. It was called out as being applied in pvp, but nothing that I remember said if it was only pvp or would behave different in pve.

Cowards cannot kill the king!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Shouldn't Lemon have been nerfed in PVP like 3-4 years ago? Especially when Charged with Light was a thing and you could one-shot people with it if you used High-Energy Fire. Does it really matter at this point?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mill Village posted:

Shouldn't Lemon have been nerfed in PVP like 3-4 years ago? Especially when Charged with Light was a thing and you could one-shot people with it if you used High-Energy Fire. Does it really matter at this point?

Yeah that happened a while ago. There were just way too many ways to turn it into a one-shot and Bungie nerfed a lot of stuff that could one shot, including Monarque.

Not Peregrine Greaves though, lul. That can still shred people quite easily.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

an exotic armor that grants melee range instakills with no recharge benefit is not comparable to a ranged primary that can one-shot, hth

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

On the basis of vibes/emotions alone, while in crucible I prefer dying to Jotunn over dying to Le Monarque.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I miss putting on Skullfort during IB and getting a positive k/d from doing nothing but shoulder charges. :(

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Roctavian posted:

On the basis of vibes/emotions alone, while in crucible I prefer dying to Jotunn over dying to Le Monarque.

And that is why I main monarque whenever I do play crucible.
I just know that every kill is making the person on the other end that much more tilted at me.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I like using Horror Story in the Crucible. It's a terrible gun and I love it so much. Also if you grab it from collections it has Zen Moment and Rampage! It's actually pretty nice.

But also I love getting kills with one of the objectively worst guns in the game lol

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I have 32k monarque kills in crucible since I switched to pc. Not sure how many I had on ps4. I've only started receiving hate mail within the past 3-4 seasons.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

I like using Horror Story in the Crucible. It's a terrible gun and I love it so much. Also if you grab it from collections it has Zen Moment and Rampage! It's actually pretty nice.

But also I love getting kills with one of the objectively worst guns in the game lol

I'm too dumb to recognise whether Horror Story is a bad gun, but I sure liked using it (in PVE) when it first came out.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I like it a lot but people love to tell me how bad it is and I should use literally anything else.

Needless to say I have a roll I use for PvE (Red Dot Micro/Tactical Mag/Killing Wind/Demolitionist) that is my most used weapon at 6,540 kills, which is a lot considering my ADHD shows in my weapon picks with how much I hit "random". I also have the aforementioned PvP roll with Red Dot Micro/Flared Magwell/Zen Moment/Rampage.

I love this horrible gun so much. I will never apologise.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

syntaxfunction posted:

feeling felt

live your dream

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
A Bunch of Words on Legendary Lost Sectors:

Bay of Drowned Wishes:
LS Level: 1830
My Level: 1825
Champions: 3 Unstoppable Abomination, 2 Unstoppable Chieftain
Boss: Yirksii, Subversive Chieftain (Scorn Chieftain)
Shields: 1 Void-shield Raider
Other notable enemies: SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEB
Threat: Arc
Surges: Arc and Void
Overcharged: Sniper

Key Enemies:

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEB: It's Bay of Drowned Wishes. You're familiar with the gimmick. The gimmick is Screebs. The first half of this Lost Sector is basically just it tossing as many Screeb waves as possible at the player. Fortunately, they're mostly pretty intuitive, they mostly just spawn directly in front of you, and they're extremely easy to deal with with any kind of AoE damage, but they try to get a little sneaky as the Lost Sector goes on. The third Screeb wave can actually spawn in two different places, it'll either spawn at the second Unstoppable Champion's feet or in the middle of the bay on the way to the second Unstoppable Champion. When you approach the gate that blocks the entrance to the cave, three waves will spawn, one on the path to the cave, behind you, and two in the bay with the Unstoppable Champion, to your right. There's a LOT of them in this last wave and because you have to deal with an Unstoppable, some of them can definitely sneak through. I usually dealt with them by firing at the wave on the path, then dealing with the Unstoppable (which usually also killed the second wave), then jumping backwards and finishing off the third wave right as they get onto the path.

Unstoppable Abomination 1: The first two Champions in this Lost Sector both start pretty far away from you. The first one has a few enemies, including a Screeb wave in between him and you and he's already spawned in so he'll just start attacking you the second he sees you and the Arc threat does make him pretty deadly, but he still needs a good three or four shots to actually kill you if you've got decent Resilience and an Arc resist, which leaves plenty of time to stun him and there are quite a few ways to make sure you one phase him, although some do require getting closer to him which can be risky. The only really important thing here is making sure all the Screebs are dead before you focus on him.

Unstoppable Abomination 2: This guy is also pretty far away from you too but he's significantly more of a pushover than the first champion because you can very easily spawn trap him and a lot of the time you can kill the Screeb wave that spawns with him with some simple AoE like a Pulse Grenade.

Overload Chieftain 1: This guy is also very easy to spawn trap and he doesn't even have a Screeb wave, he just has a bunch of rank and files that are complete non-entities, so you can just kill him very quickly and very safely with almost anything, but he does have one thing you have to be aware of, he has a sniper buddy.

Raider (Void-shielded): When the Overload spawns, a wave of enemies, a Void-shielded Raider with a sniper rifle will also spawn way up on a cliff to the left and he can be super fuckin' annoying. You can technically just ignore the Raider, you don't need to kill him to open the gate and the distance plus his Void shield makes him just tanky enough for it to be kind of annoying. He can be surprisingly tricky to hit because he's so far away and he loves to do weird poo poo like stutter around, fall off the cliff, then teleport back up there. Engaging him can be annoying and just waste time, so I usually just tried to ignore him and tank his shots with Healing Rifts.

Unstoppable Abomination 3: This guy spawns as you approach the gate to the cave, and as mentioned, he spawns with a shitton of Screebs, one wave on the path, one on top of him and one to his right. It's not super necessary to kill all the Screebs before you deal with him, especially since a lot of ways to effectively stun and one-phase him will also kill the wave that spawns at his feet and the third wave spawns pretty far away, but it's pretty hard to kill him before that first wave reaches you, so I usually try to take that one out first.

Overload Chieftain 2: The only champion in the cave, this guy has one weird quirk, where he's standing when you enter the cave seems to be totally random. I've seen him out in the open in the middle of the cave, I've seen him standing behind the big rock on the left, I've seen him behind the wall on the right. I've seen him way up towards the front, practically hugging the cliff that you enter on. The annoying thing about this is when he notices you, he is gonna try to drop a Void Totem to shield everything nearby and that's gonna give all the rank and files enough time to start making a nuisance of themselves. I always had to keep my head on a swivel in this room, cause it feels like the Overload always spawns in a different place and you really wanna stun him ASAP before he shields everybody. Also, uh, if you're planning to stun this guy with a grenade, be kinda careful, because Ravagers will fuckin' fling themselves up at you as you approach the cliff and they just threw themselves into my grenade and knocked it off course more than once.

Yirksii, Subversive Chieftain: This dude's a total joke, he doesn't have very much HP or any special gimmick, you can kill him with your super very quickly, Chaos Reach always kills him. Gathering Storm and Thundercrash unbuffed by Star Eater Scales or Cuirass will do like 2/3 of his health. The only annoying thing is to actually get him to spawn in the first place. The cave has a staggered set of spawns, where you have the first wave with the Overload, some rank and files, then when you kill the Overload, another wave of rank and files spawn, and then when they're all dead, the next wave with the boss spawn in, but the Ravagers like to run around all over the place and park themselves behind the big rock, which is mostly just annoying but can cost you a few seconds. As the boss' health goes down, he'll spawn approximately two waves of Screebs, which is something to keep an eye on if you're using a melee super. There are Servitor-bombs all over the place where the boss spawns and if those Screebs jump you while you're wailing on the boss, things can get very very explodey.

Loadouts:

This Lost Sector is a lot more straightforward than Chamber of Starlight with all of its wacky movement patterns and positioning, it's just "here's the Champion. Here's six exploders. Deal with both before one kills you." over and over again and the most important thing is just knowing when and where they spawn so you can spawn trap them. I used Fallen Sunstar Arc Warlock for this and all of my loadouts had Riptide with Chill Clip and Forbearance with Ambitious Assassin and Chain Reaction, shockingly the best ad clearing special weapon in the game that fires a huge wave in a straight line deals pretty effectively with the exploders that just run at you in a straight line. Chill Clip Riptide handles both Champion types pretty easily and consistently one-phases the Overloads, however it is a little slow on the Unstoppables, because they're so far away from you. I briefly tried Fatebringer and a Glaive to stun the Unstoppables, didn't really like either.

Forbearance is unbelievably good in this Lost Sector, but it is kinda rare, in that it's a raid weapon, so if that's not available, I would probably just default to whatever Arc or Void Wave Frame I had lying around (Harsh Language can roll Envious Assassin/Destabilizing Rounds which is a perfectly good wish.com Forbearance) or possibly Salvager's Salvo, which does have the Ambitious Assassin/Chain Reaction combo, but obviously, is not a Wave Frame, so you would have to be a little more precise with it.

One thing I did like was The Queenbreaker, which has intrinsic Blind, so it stuns Unstoppable. You can kill an Unstoppable in one magazine if you hit all headshots and Queenbreaker doesn't have quite the aim assist stat it did when it was ruining Gambit, but it's still pretty drat sticky and an efficient, safe way of dealing with all of the Unstoppables. The other thing I liked was, unsurprisingly, Thunderlord which again, almost completely solos this Lost Sector by itself and cleans up the final room much faster. It just doesn't stun Unstoppables and I thought Riptide needing two shots from a pretty far distance could leave me just a little bit too open and risked a death sometimes. I did a lot of runs with both to try and figure out which was more efficient, I couldn't really come to a conclusion, you can get under two minutes with both of them. In the end I think I preferred Queenbreaker just a little bit more because it was safer and it could still get 2:00 and under pretty consistently, but I think if you were really trying to push this and get it done as fast as possible, it'd be with Thunderlord. One note, both of these guns are pretty clunky against that Raider. He'll survive two bodyshots from Queenbreaker and he's just outside of Thunderlord's effective range. This is why I usually just skipped him.

Method:
- Enter the bay, Forbearance the rank and files on the left, reload (2 shots), Forbearance the rank and files on the right, then the approaching Screeb wave, reload (2 shots).
- Fire Queenbreaker at the Unstoppable, throw Pulse Grenade, Healing Rift, Queenbreaker until the Unstoppable is dead.
- Forbearance on the second Screeb wave, Arc Soul should kill the straggler.
(reminder, sometimes the third Screeb wave will spawn early here, if that happens, I stop to kill it with Forbearance before continuing to the Champion. Bit of a time loss, but oh well)
- Queenbreaker on the Unstoppable as it spawns, throw Pulse Grenade, the AoE takes out the Screebs that spawn around the Unstoppable.
- Run over to the path, throw Pulse Grenade where the Overload spawns, Healing Rift, fire Riptide until he dies. Pulse Grenade's Jolt kills all of the rank and files.
(if I think I can kill the Raider, I do it here. With Queenbreaker, it's one head-one bodyshot or three bodyshots)
- Move up towards the gate, Forbearance and/or Pulse Grenade the Screeb wave, then immediately turn around.
- Forbearance the Screeb wave that spawns on the path, Queenbreaker to stun the Unstoppable, Pulse Grenade and Healing Rift, Queenbreaker until the Unstoppable is dead.
- Jump up and backwards immediately because this is around when the last Screeb wave is making it onto the path. Throw a Pulse Grenade or a Forbearance down at them.
- Enter the cave, immediately jump off the cliff to the area below, find the Overload ASAP and throw a Pulse Grenade on him, Healing Rift, then Riptide until he dies.
- Clean up the rest of the rank and files while moving towards the back of the cave where the chest is. Throw a Pulse Grenade as the next wave spawns.
- Immediately Chaos Reach the boss as it spawns, it dies to Chaos Reach 100% of the time. Being behind him when he spawns is preferable, otherwise the Screebs can jump me.

I dunno what I gotta do to get a Fallen Sunstar with more than 12 Discipline.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

MJeff posted:

I dunno what I gotta do to get a Fallen Sunstar with more than 12 Discipline.

Just to check, you are using the ghost mod for discipline rolls, right?

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

I'm gonna try it your way first - thankfully I have the same Harsh Language roll that you mentioned.

But I typically have bad luck with special ammo bricks so may fall back to Rufus's Fury/Nezarec's Whisper/Thunderlord

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Paracelsus posted:

Just to check, you are using the ghost mod for discipline rolls, right?

I had Recovery on. I think my logic was "Discipline mods cost 3, Recovery mods cost 4."

Cheap Trick posted:

I'm gonna try it your way first - thankfully I have the same Harsh Language roll that you mentioned.

But I typically have bad luck with special ammo bricks so may fall back to Rufus's Fury/Nezarec's Whisper/Thunderlord

Just remember with Envious Assassin, you're getting a kill with another weapon first, then swapping to Harsh Language that's now had its magazine overflowed. So get a kill with another weapon, then swap to Harsh Language and fire both shots.

Also, the best way to get consistent special ammo drops when you're running a double special loadout is to swap to your heavy weapon and get a couple kills with that.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jul 4, 2023

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I was doing Bay of Drowned Wishes on Master as strand titan yesterday, and is it just a thing on master or is the strand suspend really only meant to stun unstoppables for 2-3 seconds? Obviously the suspend lasts much longer, but you get a very short time before they regain their damage resistance.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

MJeff posted:

Just remember with Envious Assassin, you're getting a kill with another weapon first, then swapping to Harsh Language that's now had its magazine overflowed. So get a kill with another weapon, then swap to Harsh Language and fire both shots.

Also, the best way to get consistent special ammo drops when you're running a double special loadout is to swap to your heavy weapon and get a couple kills with that.

Trip report: at 1823 power, took me a couple of runs before I got the rhythm down and could do it without dying :toot: Double special worked out great

Also got my first Cenotaph Mask (with crappy stats ofc)

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

MJeff posted:

The only thing it's really useful for is killing the Overload Taken Hobgoblin very safely and it takes a lot of arrows to do that. I found D.A.R.C.I. could do the same thing just as safely, much quicker. It can kill the Acolytes somewhat effectively, but most of them can be brute forced with grenades and Arc Souls or just ignored. It does absolutely nothing to the Unstoppables, the boss or the Knights.

If we're all coming across as confused; it's because we are. Lemon is *fantastic* in this (and every) LLS, clears waves, prevents Shield regen, breaks Overload casually, is really strong against everything but Bosses/Champions and still provides a safe way to pump DPS into them without exposing yourself or using Heavy. Lemon is my standard weapon in nearly every one - Except Neomuna ones, which, y'know, just don't do, because they all suck.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Is it just me or have they tweaked difficulty on legendary Dares quite a bit?

I noticed when this season(?) started they had tweaked difficulty a little bit, but last night was rough! Lots of dead guardians, champion cabal had us pinned back in the entry of the second room for awhile.

We got the 300K and all but yikes!

In retrospect I think it’s closer to other legendary challenges now in terms of gameplay. It probably wasn’t quite the intention to be able to blaze through it in 10 minutes like a walk in the park.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
He didn't say lemon was bad, just that it's slow. Getting 2 minute LLS clears requires a certain "gotta go fast" approach that doesn't leave time for things like "using primaries"

Heck, I actually did it on master with Lemon before reading the post on it later that day because I need it for guardian rank. It was easy but took like 10 minutes of plinking everything.

The real travesty is during the second lost sector write-up they forgot about mentioning the real greatest void exotic bow, Leviathan's Breath.

Also, I need to mention how the lost sector gameplay loop of a million runs is so bad, and I'm real glad they added focusing at Rahool.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

it might just be that I'm a lazy coward, but no primary LLS/MLS seems like it'd be real stressful for ammo / champion counter economy. I like primaries for champion counters since you'll never run out of the ability to counter a champion, and the conditions to counter are as simple as they get - which is very useful for high end overloads who can be really tricky to stun and burndown in some LS.

Then again, a chillclip fusion in slot 1 is unstop and overload, so you just need to solve barrier if it's even applicable.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

syntaxfunction posted:

I like it a lot but people love to tell me how bad it is and I should use literally anything else.

Needless to say I have a roll I use for PvE (Red Dot Micro/Tactical Mag/Killing Wind/Demolitionist) that is my most used weapon at 6,540 kills, which is a lot considering my ADHD shows in my weapon picks with how much I hit "random". I also have the aforementioned PvP roll with Red Dot Micro/Flared Magwell/Zen Moment/Rampage.

Since it's such an old gun, it comes with scope perks. And in Destiny, more zoom equals more magic aim assisting for some reason. I have one with lots of zoom and range, and it shreds in pvp.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

ponzicar posted:

Since it's such an old gun, it comes with scope perks. And in Destiny, more zoom equals more magic aim assisting for some reason. I have one with lots of zoom and range, and it shreds in pvp.

To expand on this, for some reason the collections version rerolls scopes on each pull. This means you can keep pulling until you get one with the big rifle scope to give it a total of 22 zoom, which equates to 40m until damage falloff starts. It's a fun gun I pull out occasionally.

The collection roll is also zen mo/rampage, neither of which are perks it can normally roll, and they're both better pvp perks than almost anything else the gun can roll with. Try it out before the zoom changes next season!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

Is it just me or have they tweaked difficulty on legendary Dares quite a bit?

Dares was included in the Lightfall changes to elective difficulty activities, so it now has a power handicap on legendary

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Collateral Damage posted:

I was doing Bay of Drowned Wishes on Master as strand titan yesterday, and is it just a thing on master or is the strand suspend really only meant to stun unstoppables for 2-3 seconds? Obviously the suspend lasts much longer, but you get a very short time before they regain their damage resistance.

Yeah, that's a Master/Grandmaster thing. Master is when it starts to becomes really noticeable how quickly they unstun and how long their recovery period (i.e. can't be stunned again) lasts.

Hackan Slash posted:

He didn't say lemon was bad, just that it's slow. Getting 2 minute LLS clears requires a certain "gotta go fast" approach that doesn't leave time for things like "using primaries"

Heck, I actually did it on master with Lemon before reading the post on it later that day because I need it for guardian rank. It was easy but took like 10 minutes of plinking everything.

The real travesty is during the second lost sector write-up they forgot about mentioning the real greatest void exotic bow, Leviathan's Breath.

Also, I need to mention how the lost sector gameplay loop of a million runs is so bad, and I'm real glad they added focusing at Rahool.

Yeah, I was being kind of glib about it by calling it "very slow and bad", Le Monarque is an excellent weapon and one of my favorite in the game for stuff like Vanguard Ops and seasonal activities, but I really just meant that when you're trying to knock out as many of these as quickly as possible, Le Monarque may be the best primary in the game, but using any primary is not only going to cost you a lot of time, it's an opportunity cost because you could be using that slot for another special weapon, and my goal is to get these to a point where you're doing them as quickly and consistently as possible. Double special just has way too many benefits and stuff like dealing with shielded rank and files only matters if you have to actually engage those rank and files in the first place and a lot of the time, you can just ignore them!

I actually do really wanna try Leviathan's Breath soon, I haven't really messed with it since it was buffed, I have slight ammo concerns, for the same reason I would for something like rockets, but I'm still very interested in it. I might go back and do a couple Bay runs with it before reset today.

Oxyclean posted:

it might just be that I'm a lazy coward, but no primary LLS/MLS seems like it'd be real stressful for ammo / champion counter economy. I like primaries for champion counters since you'll never run out of the ability to counter a champion, and the conditions to counter are as simple as they get - which is very useful for high end overloads who can be really tricky to stun and burndown in some LS.

Then again, a chillclip fusion in slot 1 is unstop and overload, so you just need to solve barrier if it's even applicable.

So I was very hesitant to do double special for a long time for exactly this reason, I thought "if I run out of ammo and my abilities are all on cooldowns, I'll be completely useless". The ammo isn't nearly as much of a problem as I thought it would be for two reasons - 1) You'll very consistently spawn special ammo bricks by using your heavy weapon, when I used my heavy weapon to kill Champions, it almost always dropped a special brick and yes, that ammo is split between both weapons, but it's usually enough to keep you topped up. Conversely, using your special weapons will consistently spawn heavy ammo bricks. 2) At least on Legendary, you're doing the Lost Sector so quickly that you kinda don't have time to run out of ammo. Something like Thunderlord has absolutely insanely deep ammo reserves for an activity of this length. Chill Clip only activates on the top half of your mag, I almost never run into a situation where I don't have Chill Clip ready, even using it for both stunning and damage. You can kinda be up against it if you're using something with shallows reserves like rockets, but as long as you're mixing in your special weapons, you should be fine.

This video kinda opened my eyes on it, and I've been using double special a lot more since I watched it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESnl6gK3Ogs

As for champion countering, that is a little trickier. If your main way of stunning a champion is a grenade or you gotta go invisible to get Volatile Rounds or you gotta pick up an orb to get Unraveling Rounds and for whatever reason your combos gets broken and you can't do that, it suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. This is part of why I love the Fallen Sunstar build so much for these, the uptime on your abilities is at or above pre-nerf Heart of Inmost Light levels (I'd be stunned if Sunstar or Ionic Traces don't get a nerf eventually), so as long as you're generating Ionic Traces, you'll never have to worry about it. That's pretty unique to Arc Warlock, but most subclasses have some way of crazy ability uptime. Pretty much every Solar class can puke out constant Ignitions some way or another, pretty much every Stasis subclass has tons of ways to quickly Slow and Shatter, every Strand subclass can infinite Suspend, pretty much every Arc Class has some crazy high uptime Jolt build, etc.. Blind is an interesting one, because both Hunter and Titan have to get right up in the enemy's face to blind them, which can be inadvisable with a not stunned Unstoppable and Flashbangs are usually pretty good, but I know I've had a few times where I toss the Flashbang, it bounces past the Unstoppable as they walk past it and they just completely avoid the detonation and proceed to rearrange my face. I'd say the odd one out is Void, it doesn't have a way to stun Unstoppables and its way to stun Overloads is just done way, way, way better by Arc.

Also, I just prefer the keywords and exotic weapons with intrinsic anti-champion because they tend to activate a lot faster, whereas a lot of the artifact mods, particularly on primary, need wait time or sustained fire before they can stun. A hand cannon needs to be ADSed for a couple seconds, Queenbreaker or Bastion or Leviathan's Breath just do it (granted those are all weapons with charge/draw time, lul).

And like you said, Chill Clip Riptide deals with two champion types all on its own. And the super fun part, it just deals with Barriers too! Barriers can't activate their Barrier if they're frozen! They'll activate it as soon as they un-freeze, but you can very easily keep them stunlocked until they're dead.

Cheap Trick posted:

Trip report: at 1823 power, took me a couple of runs before I got the rhythm down and could do it without dying :toot: Double special worked out great

Also got my first Cenotaph Mask (with crappy stats ofc)

Eyyyyyyyy. :ocelot:

MJeff fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jul 4, 2023

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

dumbstiny poo

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I hope marathon will be the first extraction shooter to base itself on hunt instead of tarkov, have they said anything about how the game is going to work yet

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Oxyclean posted:

2 shots before shield goes up = barrier solved.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I hope it’s not based on anything and they’ve come up with a new idea only vaguely related to what “extraction shooter” means today

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Is there any place to check server status besides Twitter? Kind of annoying that you can't get that information without a Twitter account.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

MJeff posted:

I actually do really wanna try Leviathan's Breath soon, I haven't really messed with it since it was buffed, I have slight ammo concerns, for the same reason I would for something like rockets, but I'm still very interested in it. I might go back and do a couple Bay runs with it before reset today.

The leviathan's catalyst gives it the maximum reserve value of 100 (void reserves does nothing). That also affects how many arrows you pick up from a brick, so you'll have 15 total arrows and pick up 4 per purple brick. It is way more ammo efficient than a rocket, the one drawback is you need to consistently hitting crits to proc tempo to get anywhere near your theoretical deeps.

The catalyst is basically a necessity for doing anything serious with it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Hypnobeard posted:

Is there any place to check server status besides Twitter? Kind of annoying that you can't get that information without a Twitter account.

https://help.bungie.net/hc/en-us/articles/360049199271-Destiny-Server-and-Update-Status

This seems to be it, and I don't think this is up to date because the servers were down a couple days ago and it ain't there. Twitter going to the dogs is such a loving bummer for everyone. :|

Hackan Slash posted:

The leviathan's catalyst gives it the maximum reserve value of 100 (void reserves does nothing). That also affects how many arrows you pick up from a brick, so you'll have 15 total arrows and pick up 4 per purple brick. It is way more ammo efficient than a rocket, the one drawback is you need to consistently hitting crits to proc tempo to get anywhere near your theoretical deeps.

The catalyst is basically a necessity for doing anything serious with it.

Thaaaat explains it, I do not have the catalyst ! Well I know what I'm doing today.

(is Dares or Shuro Chi better for a heavy catalyst?)

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

haveblue posted:

I hope it’s not based on anything and they’ve come up with a new idea only vaguely related to what “extraction shooter” means today

I agree or disagree based on how much “tarkov” vs “hunt” encapsulates your idea of what an extraction shooter is, but either way destiny 2 and hunt showdown are my two most played videogames ever so I highly want marathon to be good

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I've only played Hunt with my friends on occasion, but I might be down if Marathon was Bungie gunplay in a format like Hunt

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Was Mass Effect 3 multiplayer an extraction shooter? I know it wasn't PvP, but I thought that was pretty cool.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
wow new exotic mission is pretty tough! probably want to bring a div and linears, I think

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

MJeff posted:

Was Mass Effect 3 multiplayer an extraction shooter? I know it wasn't PvP, but I thought that was pretty cool.

No.
Horde based gameplay, every other round or so was some manner of objective(Deactivate 4 greebles, stay in an area to hack a greeble, deliver a greeble from point A to point B, kill these select assholes.)
I think that was all of them.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Aw man they changed the Nightfall, I was just getting the hang of the previous one. The one this week seems much easier, I might switch some weapons around...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Hypnobeard posted:

Use Google and search for Bungie's Twitter account until that breaks.