Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

murk posted:

DSCF8475 by a a, on Flickr

:hellyeah:

Bottom Liner posted:

killing time before a flight in LA

:hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

eggsovereasy fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 30, 2023

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Re-editing some old photos.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yeah, those are great! I'm traveling today and it's good inspiration to really go for some shots.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Good stuff

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

love hitting the road with my friends

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Love Laugh Haul

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

"Leaving Dad"

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe

Incredulous Dylan posted:

Yeah, those are great! I'm traveling today and it's good inspiration to really go for some shots.

I guess greatness comes around the corner when you least expect it

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Sassalb B&W

Palü Glacier B&W

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Nice stained glass effect there

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

shot some actual landscapes! sticking with black and white for now.

this format is awesome, is it shot panorama or cropped down from a bigger image? great sky.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

It's cropped down, taken with a Z7II, so there's plenty of pixels even after cropping :sun:

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

field balm posted:

awesome!

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

field balm posted:

I could imagine a crop of the unnatural looking trees in the foreground of this one.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

This is beautiful. drat I love a good sunset/rise.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

maxe posted:

awesome!

Thank you!

Blackhawk posted:

I could imagine a crop of the unnatural looking trees in the foreground of this one.

I'll give it a shot but my camera only shoots 6mp so it might not work out. I'll look through the rest of the shots later, I may have taken a more zoomed in one of them.

It's a wierd spot where they grow pines (? I think) for lumber, it's a big contrast from the usual Australian flora.

murk
Oct 31, 2003
Never argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Honestly I like the pines. I spent the most time looking at them and just wondering

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

QuasiQuack posted:

This is beautiful. drat I love a good sunset/rise.

Thank you!

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The goodest landscape :3:

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Reminds me of my old dog, so lots of feels there. Especially like the one where you caught their eye.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

The framing on this one is very satisfying to look at either way… but if you got it on film like that without correcting the scan, congrats

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

love it

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
I had Botton Liner’s wide photos from a page or two back on the brain and thought a wave would be cool cropped wide. My dumb rear end was just wading out to a sandbar with my camera above my head and hopping when waves would break. Probably looked hilarious from the beach!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I dig the dark/light split. I wouldn't have thought of that and it works dang well.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Incredulous Dylan posted:

I had Botton Liner’s wide photos from a page or two back on the brain and thought a wave would be cool cropped wide. My dumb rear end was just wading out to a sandbar with my camera above my head and hopping when waves would break. Probably looked hilarious from the beach!

I thought this story was going to end in tragedy because my browser didn't load your pic in the above post at first.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

London

London

Greenwich

London

London

Bristol

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
I went to detroit with some friends for some shooting. we shot on film and had a good time and it really made me rethink some habits and how I choose shots and how I need to loving get closer to what I shoot no exceptions. i'm pretty happy with these and have been burying myself in youtube videos and artbooks about landscapes to have my landscapes come out better because they always just seem to not do it for me

This was shot on Santa Color 100 on my Nikkor 35mm f2 (modified for AI-S). That lens is glued to my camera because it's the only not a helios 44-2 i have in F mount

This was on ektar 100

I shot this in a fancy store that did not appreciate me or my sweaty friends

I wanted to get the cyclist in the center of the frame but I'm still pretty happy about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Nice. I also use my 35/2 frequently. It’s a great lens, and also my only MF Nikon that’s not a Helios (although mine is an 81 not a 44)