Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Nothing planned for Independence Day as I did my fun things today.

I was invited by my friends to hike Dog Mountain so I got up early and hitched a ride there with them so we could beat the heat. Alas one of them was not in good enough shape so we ended up turning back 1/3 of the way up. :smith:

We opted to head to Tom McCall Point as it's not as steep and is relatively paved, but on the way there we saw this:

Wildfires started on the Washington side of the Columbia River.

By the time we got to Tom McCall Point, it was smoky & the air quality was too bad to do anything.

On the way back you could see the wildfires were getting worse.

We did stop by Cascade Locks for lunch. Got a garlic mushroom burger at Thunder Island Brewery.

I also saw Indiana Jones & the Dial of Destiny. Easily the 3rd best Indy movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

Wildfires started on the Washington side of the Columbia River.

Entirely predictable. lovely.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Never saw Tucker & Dale Vs Evil before, so far I'm liking the hell out of it

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Who in here has a “Dads hot sauce” bottle? I like having individual flavors but when they get low they go into the big bottle. I’m a huge fan of Trader Joe’s Green Dragon sauce, I had originally bought it cause I was looking for a good jalapeño based sauce. It’s not so jalapenoy but good in its own right and became a staple of my nacho sauces and quesadillas. Anyway

https://imgur.com/a/bt3uVP0

This things like 30% Tapatio, 50% whatever packs I get from Taco Bell, 20% leftovers from other bottles. Then I throw in my marinade stuff, cumin/garlic/onion powder/paprika/dried cilantro/ lime juice and little olive oil

Just ordered more green dragon so I’ll be topping off my big bottle with that

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jul 4, 2023

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Intruder posted:

Never saw Tucker & Dale Vs Evil before, so far I'm liking the hell out of it

Loved that guy in Reaper (underrated) and Sons of Tucson

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Pain of Mind posted:

I did not know grilled peaches was a thing, but since I had some peaches I tried it out. I coated with butter first, grilled each side for 5 minutes (following some random online recipe instructions), and then put some cardamom/cinnamon/sugar butter on. Are they supposed to be soft? It was still pretty firm, and kind of tastes like a warm peach with stuff on it. It is not bad, but but anything covered with sweet butter would be pretty good. I am just trying to figure out if I did not cook it enough or something.

Sounds like they maybe weren’t ripe enough to begin with because they should be softer, yeah

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
e: i dumb

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

harperdc posted:

Entirely predictable. lovely.

Yeah my childhood hometown is right next to the Underwood fire and some family friends have evacuated. One of my brothers has a ton of paternal family there so he's keeping a closer watch than me.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
it's time. I'm deleting the bird site Friday. It was fun to watch it break for a while but the "cis is a slur" thing made me say gently caress this guy and now the site is toast anyway. I haven't used it in days and it feels great actually.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

a sexual elk posted:

Loved that guy in Reaper (underrated) and Sons of Tucson

God Reaper was so good and Ray Wise was just so good as the Devil

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Sitting at the station wondering who's gonna win the John Pierre-Paul Memorial Trophy.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Sitting at the station wondering who's gonna win the John Pierre-Paul Memorial Trophy.

I keep forgetting you’re full time as a medic now :respek:

Anything good lately?

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Had a vericose vein on thinners pop that could easily have been mistaken for a murder scene. Mostly we had some nasty air quality due to Canada burning down that led to a bunch of breathing calls. And falls. So many falls. Nothing necessarily "good", just consistent!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grittybeard posted:

Smart move getting married on that day, hard to forget the date.

Congrats you two.

It does have its benefits. :) Thanks!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Had a vericose vein on thinners pop that could easily have been mistaken for a murder scene. Mostly we had some nasty air quality due to Canada burning down that led to a bunch of breathing calls. And falls. So many falls. Nothing necessarily "good", just consistent!

Those varicose calls can be pretty ridiculous. I had one a few weeks back who was altered and shocky as hell.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

shirts and skins posted:

it's time. I'm deleting the bird site Friday. It was fun to watch it break for a while but the "cis is a slur" thing made me say gently caress this guy and now the site is toast anyway. I haven't used it in days and it feels great actually.

Good for you, I never had a Twitter but I did delete Reddit once BaconReader went dark and I think that’s also a net benefit for me. I’m gonna be way out of the loop on current events now but gently caress it :shrug:

I remember deleting Facebook and never looking back feeling even better

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I get all my news and content from from TFF - the third best website on the internets

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I get all my news and content from from TFF - the third best website on the internets

Well now I need to know what your top two are

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

T-Square posted:

Good for you, I never had a Twitter but I did delete Reddit once BaconReader went dark and I think that’s also a net benefit for me. I’m gonna be way out of the loop on current events now but gently caress it :shrug:

I remember deleting Facebook and never looking back feeling even better

Finally deleting Facebook was amazing. Just eliminating this source of annoyance from my life was great. I’m still on Instagram though, and I’m getting close to letting that go too, but it’s my last bastion of social media I have left.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

fartknocker posted:

Well now I need to know what your top two are

1. Zombo.com

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Yeah but most of TFF news comes in the form of embedded tweets :v:

Bird in a Blender posted:

Finally deleting Facebook was amazing. Just eliminating this source of annoyance from my life was great. I’m still on Instagram though, and I’m getting close to letting that go too, but it’s my last bastion of social media I have left.

IG is fun for me, it’s just turned into a morning scroll of posts related to all of my hobbies with a sprinkling of a few close friends and nothing else. I don’t follow any personal people in my life unless I talk to them on a frequent basis, and even then none of them post much and it’s used for sharing goofy Reels

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
America means freedom to do this:

https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/1676252345808691200?t=zwjFCGlKMVJdA3XUWztf-Q&s=19

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Good morning & happy birthday, America*!

Walked up Mt. Tabor with the housemate's dog. Will actually have to go to work today tho.

*(for those that observe the Orthodox calendar).

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Silly Burrito posted:

I don’t know about y’all but I’m gonna wish my wife a happy 22nd anniversary one day early. Love you Braks, you’re my lobster. :glomp:

i bought my wife a stuffed lobster when we got back together for that same reason :kimchi: congrats you two

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hmm yess let’s shoot off the fireworks I paid a ton of money for at noon when I can’t see them, I am very smart

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Joey Freshwater posted:

Hmm yess let’s shoot off the fireworks I paid a ton of money for at noon when I can’t see them, I am very smart

Nah it's fine in the daylight you just gotta get closer.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Whenever someone refers to lobsters I always think of this smothers brothers song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdRMHN2phkA

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Joey Freshwater posted:

The poor dog was already too scared to go out and pee last night, the fuckwits setting them off first thing today aren’t really helping things. I guess we’ve had a pretty at summer so people are going ham with no fear of sparking fires.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LFG

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Wife and I just got home from a trip and it’s hot as hell out in chicago today, so I think I’m just going to stay inside all day. Aside from going out to feed my friend’s cat that is.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Joey Freshwater posted:

As a teenager someone dropped a lit match into a bag full of fireworks and everyone fled and more or less survived unscathed. Then we noticed how metal that was and for my group of buddies it became a tradition for a while doing that purposely and running away. Exactly once a year, and generally in safer places than the first time. Just a whole lot of stuff that is going to make noise and fire off in different directions going off at once.

That's my dudes rock story.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/WallStreetSilv/status/1676214283926142981

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

As a teenager someone dropped a lit match into a bag full of fireworks and everyone fled and more or less survived unscathed. Then we noticed how metal that was and for my group of buddies it became a tradition for a while doing that purposely and running away. Exactly once a year, and generally in safer places than the first time. Just a whole lot of stuff that is going to make noise and fire off in different directions going off at once.

That's my dudes rock story.

As is tradition when fireworks talk comes up, I post this. Seems particularly relevant to your story though and I am wondering when you are going to match this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndVhgq1yHdA

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Imagining a right wing japanese youtuber using that video to stoke anti-american sentiment by claiming it was americans celebrating a reinactment of Hiroshima.

E: Elizabeth, hello

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1676243765416062976

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Kalli posted:

Imagining a right wing japanese youtuber using that video to stoke anti-american sentiment by claiming it was americans celebrating a reinactment of Hiroshima.

thinking about AI-generated Joe Buck calling the Hiroshima bombing run right now

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

3 DONG HORSE posted:

thinking about AI-generated Joe Buck calling the Hiroshima bombing run right now

welcome to the top of the 47th,

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This is the house across the street from mine, what do we think is going on with the fans. They’re new

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joey Freshwater posted:

This is the house across the street from mine, what do we think is going on with the fans. They’re new

It’s only fans.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
4th of July plans changed for the better, I have the night off, cracked my first beer. Highland Brewing Wishing Star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

If they are new, they likely painted and want to speed up drying and getting rid of fumes.