Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

H110Hawk posted:

Do people not have work today? Everyone I've talked to, myself included, has work today.

I'm in tech so most people I interact with took today off since we have tomorrow off anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Slimy Hog posted:

I'm in tech so most people I interact with took today off since we have tomorrow off anyway.

I was hoping to sort of have empty office syndrome but so far it looks like a full house. (I'm a remote tech worker as well.)

Either way yesterday the community center poo poo up to 30% around noon pacific. I imagine that as the USA wakes up and finishes out their overnight crop then starts in on potatoes the rate of growth goes way up. It's gone up several % in the last 30 minutes. I wonder if it's nonlinear as well.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

H110Hawk posted:

I was hoping to sort of have empty office syndrome but so far it looks like a full house. (I'm a remote tech worker as well.)

Either way yesterday the community center poo poo up to 30% around noon pacific. I imagine that as the USA wakes up and finishes out their overnight crop then starts in on potatoes the rate of growth goes way up. It's gone up several % in the last 30 minutes. I wonder if it's nonlinear as well.

I guess the quest that dropped today could be slowing things down as well.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

H110Hawk posted:

It's gone up several % in the last 30 minutes. I wonder if it's nonlinear as well.

The bonus goes up faster once the CC hits 100%. I think it goes up 1% for every 1% above 100% but prior to that it only increases 1% for every 10% the CC goes up

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Is the new quest tower level gated? I still only have Bombs Bursting I, The Rocket's Red Glare X, and Beach Bum Hard Mode.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Twincityhacker posted:

Is the new quest tower level gated? I still only have Bombs Bursting I, The Rocket's Red Glare X, and Beach Bum Hard Mode.

A Study of Spuds? Or a different quest?

Former should be unlocked from either the get-go or an app refresh.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

widespread posted:

A Study of Spuds? Or a different quest?

Former should be unlocked from either the get-go or an app refresh.

Different quest - the one that requires 1000 corn oil.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

H110Hawk posted:

Do people not have work today? Everyone I've talked to, myself included, has work today.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Twincityhacker posted:

Different quest - the one that requires 1000 corn oil.

Oh. That might be T100 if I were to guess.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Some farmlord literally just sent me over 10k large nets

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
30%! Shrimp and mushroom and make/sell!

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Also I may or may not now own a level 7 macaw, bear, capy and onion

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I put all my animals up to level 7 because once you hit your 4th spare trillion there's not much else to do?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'm trying to hit the 10k fishing merit badge by the end of the event so if anyone has some spare cats meow going I'd appreciate it

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Whew. Just got corn GM. :confuoot:

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Hot potatoes are the first thing I've not found fun in ages. Two and a half minutes is no time for spuds to grow, so it needs constant touching. Don't even think the rewards are worth it. 300+ a day for the whole month is nuts to hit 10,000 total.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Genericide posted:

Hot potatoes are the first thing I've not found fun in ages. Two and a half minutes is no time for spuds to grow, so it needs constant touching. Don't even think the rewards are worth it. 300+ a day for the whole month is nuts to hit 10,000 total.

Trade chat. They’re expensive now but they will probably get a bit cheaper. You can also just grape juice plus cookies for 1k or so a day, if you can afford and/or want to do that.

Regarding the temple, the 1k rewards are definitely worth it, but going beyond that is only really for prestige.

That said, it is a bit much. But I understand the need to find some balance between content for casual players and the ones that play 24/7.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I think the only saving grace of the temple quest chain for hot potatos is that the highest "useful" item is the Borgan Buck at 2500 hot potatos.

I mean, yes, the cabbage stew is able to be used but 5x ciders per click is kinda meh in my opinion and the beach ball is just decorative, the quest you finish with the sand dollars gives items that you can easily make.

You really just have to decide if the 25 gold and decortive item is worth it.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Is there any point at all to the mercantile? I’ve got peacock feathers from other places, not that they’re used for anything, then 150,000 AC for a single lemon cream pie?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

rafikki posted:

Is there any point at all to the mercantile? I’ve got peacock feathers from other places, not that they’re used for anything, then 150,000 AC for a single lemon cream pie?

I think the initial idea was to make the rare drops easier to get to? But since its also on a monthly refresh, I dunno. Maybe a non-Wednesday Borgen shop.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

There needs to be a crop between broccoli and cotton. The time difference is ridiculous between them

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

There needs to be a crop between broccoli and cotton. The time difference is ridiculous between them

weed

Screw sawmill silver, I got a better way to make money.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Grow house as the next farm building. The reddit thread on whether to use it to grow weed or mushrooms was finally locked after 12,000 posts.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I got my first merit badge (the 10k fish streak in 10 spots one)

All it took was an event and a copious amount of cat's meows

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Soap shop kinda sucks this month for older players, wish I had blown my capacity of soap on GB07s.

How long is the Hot Potato bonus gonna last? I still need like 9500 of them and idk how the hell you get 10k without either babysitting the 2.5 minute timer or spending a month just growing potatoes.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Hot potatoes will be available until the end of the month.

I agree that the soap shop kinda sucks this month. Last month at least had a way to get a lot of a rare-ish drop with the raptor claws (of which I still need like a hundred of) but I guess unpolished jade has that spot this month.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Hopefully they provide another mechanism to get potatoes throughout the month

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I really don't feel like babysitting 2.5 min potato crops all month so I'm dipping out after the borgen buck part of the temple chain

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Beasteh posted:

I really don't feel like babysitting 2.5 min potato crops all month so I'm dipping out after the borgen buck part of the temple chain

I had the same thought but I may not even do that. It's 1. 2k more for me and I'm going to focus on crops for ATI instead

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I'm doing corn until I have two runestone 11s 🙃.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Shine posted:

I'm doing corn until I have two runestone 11s 🙃.

Should we tell him?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I hit 5000 hot potato’s today so I figure I can get another 5000 by the end of the month.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Have I not the need to grow another 10,000 potatos for that sweet, sweet gold potato I'd probably be dipping out too.

Even then it's another 2000 HOT potatos for the Borgan Buck and eh...

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Twincityhacker posted:

Have I not the need to grow another 10,000 potatos for that sweet, sweet gold potato I'd probably be dipping out too.

I'm right there with you. I'd ask why so many potatoes but at least it's not more corn.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Twincityhacker posted:

I'm lucky(?) and got 3x gold potato from the 1.2k hot taters I farmed, not feeling like the 10k hot potatoes is worth just one gold tater

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
:confuoot:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

8one6
May 20, 2012

I ended up trading my strategic Arnold Palmer reserve and most of my peaches for the hot potatoes to complete the temple.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Would've been an ideal time to introduce Mega Potato Seeds.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Would've been an ideal time to introduce Mega Potato Seeds.

Don’t worry that’s coming next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I also wasted a lot of silver but IDGAF