Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Grape posted:

I'm not a huge Dune fan of any kind lol

:chloe:

How do the audiobooks pronounce Harah's first husband's name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Soul Dentist posted:

:chloe:

How do the audiobooks pronounce Harah's first husband's name?

Yah-Me

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

man can yall bracket this stupid as poo poo jihad discussion and try your luck with it in the cineD thread or even better just you know let it die and take it nowhere

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

No, first husband

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Soul Dentist posted:

No, first husband

oh right the god emperor of fremen farts

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Riot Bimbo posted:

man can yall bracket this stupid as poo poo jihad discussion and try your luck with it in the cineD thread or even better just you know let it die and take it nowhere

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Soul Dentist posted:

No, first husband

Steve

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Soul Dentist posted:

No, first husband
:ibadpop:

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Riot Bimbo posted:

Riot Bimbo posted:

Yeah I can go to some nice ones, and for dune part 2 i probably am gonna.

i just hate going to theaters as a general thing. I don't trade in giant purses, so food smuggling isn't an option and i'm not paying for theater food; but I usually do end up wanting a snack. If it's busy, I am old enough to be a loving grandma about disliking rowdy audiences for movies like this (it's fine for comedies or 'stupid' movies, but this is a movie where i would 100% want a stone quiet god drat room and I can ensure that more at home, so i mostly don't go to the movies.

I'm also poor, and piracy is cheaper than tickets

Yeah sorry I’ll put that topic on the shelf and make room for more super fascinating posts like this.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Jewmanji posted:

Yeah sorry I’ll put that topic on the shelf and make room for more super fascinating posts like this.

I promise you theres more insight in that banal rear end post of mine than you'll ever arrive at killing this thread with that rancid loving topic bud

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Riot Bimbo posted:

I promise you theres more insight in that banal rear end post of mine than you'll ever arrive at killing this thread with that rancid loving topic bud

I feel like you’re getting a bit too animated about posts.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
I never really thought about how if Paul and Chani’s first child had survived, Paul and Jessica would be raising young children at the same time. Weird.

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

Riot Bimbo posted:

Why must it be such a "rancid" topic? Goons here were discussing it civilly enough before you came in all aggro.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Riot Bimbo posted:

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Ror posted:

Chani's got lasgun...

What did her Muad'dib dooooooo?
What did he put you through?
They said when Chani was arrested
They found him summoning the rain
But man, he's the messiah, now that he's bringing thunder
Dune ain't never gonna be the saaaaaaame

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
she told me to.. walk this wayyy (without rhythm)

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Now listen… if and I mean if, Jessica and Chani had their babies at the same time, would they change their diapers together in some kind of Fremen diaper station? Would Alia provide live commentary beyond her age on hers and lil Leto’s diaper smell? What would it smell like? Would they comment on how much water they’ll get out of the diapers when putting them in the still? What would be the consistency of the poo? I’m afraid for frembies’ hydration level and potential chaffing :(

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

It must be nice to be a fremen baby/toddler, as that is the last time in life they don’t have to walk around in their own poo poo, piss, and unwashed funk

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Anne Frank Funk posted:

Now listen… if and I mean if, Jessica and Chani had their babies at the same time, would they change their diapers together in some kind of Fremen diaper station? Would Alia provide live commentary beyond her age on hers and lil Leto’s diaper smell? What would it smell like? Would they comment on how much water they’ll get out of the diapers when putting them in the still? What would be the consistency of the poo? I’m afraid for frembies’ hydration level and potential chaffing :(

This would be detailed in the cartoon spin-off, Fremen Babies.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Anne Frank Funk posted:

Alia would channel the baron and talk massive poo poo to Jessica while putting on a false baritone.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Alia would channel the baron and talk massive poo poo to Jessica while putting on a false baritone.

"This demeans us both, Lady Jessica, but you're the one having to clean up my effluent. Here, another for you and your beloved duke! A duke's dook!"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Gonna be tough to top the creep factor of Alia from Lynch's Dune.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Movie should have just said “crusade”

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

disposablewords posted:

"This demeans us both, Lady Jessica, but you're the one having to clean up my effluent. Here, another for you and your beloved duke! A duke's dook!"

The dook! Remember the dook!

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Mad Hamish posted:

This would be detailed in the cartoon spin-off, Fremen Babies.
When the seitch looks kinda weird
And you wish that you weren't there
Just close your eyes and eat the spice
And you can travel anywhere (without moving)

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
https://www.cbr.com/report-dune-trilogy-ends-dune-messiah-adaptation/

Could he be the one?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I'm doing the middle aged dude version of squeeing, like kinda a happy grunt. Let's be honest a happy fart.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

again, like the other articles posted in these threads, this article is based on the deadline article which does not provide attributions for its claim that dune part 3 is happening. it is not officially confirmed and it may not even happen, depending on a number of factors

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

kalel posted:

again, like the other articles posted in these threads, this article is based on the deadline article which does not provide attributions for its claim that dune part 3 is happening. it is not officially confirmed and it may not even happen, depending on a number of factors

Yeah an article about the article already posted doesn't help much. I want to hit up my old coworkers at WB and ask but I can't burn that bridge. I bet it's agreed but not official though.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

kull wahad

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
Oh I hadn't seen other articles. I shall perform the appropriate ritual offering of jerky to the tribe forthwith.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

stilgar separating the jerky from the thighpads ripping off with a sound like separating velcro

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

assless thighpad chaps, hella heatwave drip

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

*hands you the dew jerkey*

the water belongs to the sietch, and this is your portion

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

My portion belongs to the tribe.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

kiimo posted:

Yeah an article about the article already posted doesn't help much. I want to hit up my old coworkers at WB and ask but I can't burn that bridge. I bet it's agreed but not official though.

do it. destroy your career and reputation for my personal enjoyment you teasing little gently caress

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
My guess is that a final decision on making Dun3 is waiting for the box office results of D2ne.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Dune? toon

Space jam 3 crossover sequel

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Dune? toon

Space jam 3 crossover sequel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OU1B00Fl8o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

I just remembered how in either Heretics or Chapterhouse there's a reference to the Tleilaxu tricking everyone else into eating slig meat so as to corrupt their spirits or deny them entry to Heaven or something extremely stupid and it occurs to me now that this is vaguely similar to CHUDs thinking that shooting Muslims or Jews with bacon grease-covered bullets sends them to Hell.

God the Tleilaxu are loving dumb.