Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i played BFBB poison once, and i won't play it ever again barring some huge dps increases to either skill.

not only is it somewhat clunky to clear maps with, just switching back to plain old pconc and keeping the same gear increased clear speed greatly and boss dps didn't seem to go down at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Herstory Begins Now posted:

when did you last play it

Uhm, Archnemesis or Sentinel? When they buffed cast speed rolls on rings

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
lol i've played it a bunch and leaguestarted as recently as sentinel and it's a great leaguestarter (even now) in the sense that you can do t16s on day 1 in a pseudo 5 link and let plague bearer clear for you but 'one of the best builds in the game and feels very smooth' is just a wild as gently caress take. even with a lot of cast speed it still feels like poo poo after a couple of days

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

lol i've played it a bunch and leaguestarted as recently as sentinel and it's a great leaguestarter (even now) in the sense that you can do t16s on day 1 in a pseudo 5 link and let plague bearer clear for you but 'one of the best builds in the game and feels very smooth' is just a wild as gently caress take. even with a lot of cast speed it still feels like poo poo after a couple of days

Na, you're tripping. Its the final form of all caster poison builds and yes, with jewels and clusters, 40% cast speed wand and 2 15% cast speed rings it feels smooth as butter

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
link me your pob

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Was there ever any reason to play blade vortex / blade blast? It seemed absolutely anemic when I tested it out way back in Delirium.

Like there might as well not be an interaction at all.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

link me your pob

Don't have one
Gucci and Dslily both played it recently (and killed all Ubers with it).

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
yeah it was one of the builds you could get to 5-10m dps in blue gear + plague bearer is one of the best skills in the game

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

yeah it was one of the builds you could get to 5-10m dps in blue gear + plague bearer is one of the best skills in the game

Na, Gucci at least did some insane 35m dps HC trade monstrosity

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Wuxi posted:

Na, Gucci at least did some insane 35m dps HC trade monstrosity

that was in response to organs about why it used to be meta. the damage potential on it is still fairly high even on low gear, but idk no one at all seems to want to play it anymore. plus it took several big hits between blade changes, helmet ailment mod getting butchered, and triggered curse changes. after my last go with it I'm still completely over playing it

Wuxi posted:

Don't have one
Gucci and Dslily both played it recently (and killed all Ubers with it).

yeah i literally started that build in sentinel and played it to 97 or 98. that's just a plaguebearer+shield charge+profane bloom build, the bfbb part of it is the worst part of it because the mechanics on the skill are just so trash. damage was good tho, which is really the only reason to play it. it's a good build and has a niche use but man in no world would i call that one of the best, smoothest builds in the game. if anything the opposite.

like unless you just enjoy playing bb for some reason, it's not a skill i'd suggest for any reason other than the damage output (which is itself temperamental unless you resort to some weird tech wrt bladefall for mobile bosses)

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Oh I wasn't talking blade fall to make blades, but blade vortex. You can blow those up with blade blast, too.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
same answer to above, bv was meta because you could league start it and get basically s tier mapping on day 1 with obliterations and then use a bfbb swap to get 5m+ dps for bosses, giving you the rare character that did both s tier mapping, great boss damage, and required nearly no items beyond a couple of obliterations and a cip. you could do t16s with a pair of vile toxins before you even had the obliterations or the cips.

e: oh im bad at reading, yeah as a source of blades? no that's definitely never been meta. bv and bfbb were full swaps. big issues is that bf is so much better as a source of blades and bfbb is too socket starved to fit in a bv, especially because you really want to get at least a pseudo 5 link for bf if you want any qol on it.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jul 4, 2023

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Huh. Til.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

There are a ton of builds that play fine for everything in the game, but it's hard for multi-skill combos to rank at the top of the fast/smooth chart given that there are single or no button builds that clear screens at a time. On a game-wide scale you're competing with clowny poo poo like 2k life autobombers and glass cannon ranged attack builds.

I've recognized that my own standards coming from hardcore are super low given that I still think of things like toxic rain and vortex + cold snap as being pretty fast.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I guess the beef inspired me because I crafted my own weapon and then beat Sirius to get my 4th voidstone, all firsts for me.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dum Cumpster posted:

I guess the beef inspired me because I crafted my own weapon and then beat Sirius to get my 4th voidstone, all firsts for me.

Another wraeclast success story

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
When I ran BFBB back in the day (the league they came out) I made a little bit of use outta BV by putting it on totems. Unlike many skills BV totems will fire off with no target so you can use them to pre stack for some bosses . Definitely never meta but it felt cool to use the full suite of blade spells

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

search engine posted:

There are a ton of builds that play fine for everything in the game, but it's hard for multi-skill combos to rank at the top of the fast/smooth chart given that there are single or no button builds that clear screens at a time. On a game-wide scale you're competing with clowny poo poo like 2k life autobombers and glass cannon ranged attack builds.

I've recognized that my own standards coming from hardcore are super low given that I still think of things like toxic rain and vortex + cold snap as being pretty fast.

the current hotness of zero button builds is wardloop which in 3.21 setups are now tanky while also scaling significantly into 9 figures of damage. incidentally that's probably the single strongest ways to play bfbb currently, though you'd have to not go poison because you'd so trivially hit dot cap

for hardcore yeah the options are pretty limited and you're feeling pretty good if you've got shield charge + some kind of explodes

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Path of Exile: the beef inspired me

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Dum Cumpster posted:

Nice. He's a bastard.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Wait, am I crazy? Sirus doesn't award a voidstone, does he?

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
4th voidstone is usually maven or Uber elder

Sirus just gives a favored map slot

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

I assume Wuxi is talking about how at high enough levels of investment BFBB is a 1 button build that uses 2 for bosses, it feels good.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I played a BFBB chieftain a while back, I liked it because any caster marauder build is cool and also I like big explosions.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I did BFBB pre-Archmage nerf when it was actually somewhat popular (but true to form I was a hipster that did Hiero instead of the meta class Ascendant). Definitely remember it being like Clancy said were BF was enough to clear trash while BB was your boss killer. Shame 2 buttons builds are in general clunky in this game.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Leatherhead posted:

Wait, am I crazy? Sirus doesn't award a voidstone, does he?

Yeah I worded that wrong. It was a productive night and I forgot everything I killed. Did feared or whatever but it's treatment me maybe 7 attempts in 3 leagues to finally get Sirius. A lot easier when you have enough currency to buy a bunch of fragments and make a few attempts in a row.

Sad state of the game when the noobs can kill the bosses without even remembering their names.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

link me your pob

Oh so now you use pob

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

pork never goes bad posted:

Oh so now you use pob

lmfao

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

I jumping into the league super late, and I haven't played since Delirium. What's a good league starter, considering that I definitely won't want to roll another character in the few weeks left of the league?

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

Jester Mcgee posted:

I jumping into the league super late, and I haven't played since Delirium. What's a good league starter, considering that I definitely won't want to roll another character in the few weeks left of the league?

Explosive Arrow Ballista Elementalist. Champion if you don't like to die.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
If you absolutely hate using buttons, either of Pohx's Righteous Fire builds are solid starters as well.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

If you happen to fancy bow builds, they’re finally not a totally unreasonable start given how busted Vengeant Cascade is

There’s lots of options with PF as a base as well. Maybe the most busted ascendancy in the game rn imo

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

I pulled the trigger on the EA Elementalist. Thanks for the advice everyone. Now to try to remember how to play this game.

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011
if you like traps and want to experience a build that's 100% getting axed next league, start shadow whatever (seismic trap? idk) then transition to popcorn totems sabo. gameplay/mechanics are not particularly interesting tbh but the sheer amount of damage is hilarious

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Jester Mcgee posted:

If you’re on PC, I got about 20 divines I can give you if you want a jump start.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Hello Ketene posted:

if you like traps and want to experience a build that's 100% getting axed next league, start shadow whatever (seismic trap? idk) then transition to popcorn totems sabo. gameplay/mechanics are not particularly interesting tbh but the sheer amount of damage is hilarious

Highly recommend this too. You get the bow with the right crucible tree and immediately unlock tens of millions of DPS with an almost limitless ceiling. It works on lots of ascendancies too

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

poemdexter posted:

If you’re on PC, I got about 20 divines I can give you if you want a jump start.

That'd be super, thanks! Character name is EAJesterMcgee.

By the way, did something happen to divine orbs? I've read people talking about their currency in units of divines, and that feels new to me. Last time I played nobody cared about divine orbs.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Jester Mcgee posted:

By the way, did something happen to divine orbs? I've read people talking about their currency in units of divines, and that feels new to me. Last time I played nobody cared about divine orbs.

Yes. Divines and exalts got swapped in value a few leagues ago. So people talk about and trade divines like you’re used to exalts being used.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Jester Mcgee posted:

And in case you're reacting right now like everyone else did initially, it's fine. It might actually be better. Definitely not worse. Don't worry about it :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
How do you search Trade with a filter for cluster jewels? I saw a build on poe.ninja with "added passives grant lightning damage" and cannot figure out how to search this up.