Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
lmao

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Sorry for falling behind, everyone!

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

I bet it works on canned goods ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HgejSCHRi8&t=60s

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

Didn't they spend loads of time finding the perfect vacation spot? This doesn't look like they got in a quirky mishap, it just makes the Forths look like idiots.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Oisann

[img] spoilered for a big cock!

Noor

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

EasyEW posted:

And the lesson for today is the only way to get the cops to move is to flat-out lie to them.
Also have the evidence magically 'blow' towards them.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Apartment 3-G

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

amigolupus posted:

I wonder if this was around the point where Lynn suspected her husband was having an affair and so had comic-dad start being a creep? That, or Lynn just wrote the dad thinking teenage girls are beautiful without putting any thought into how creepy that is.

Eh, my dad used to make jokes like this to pretend he was trying to be cool. Sometimes he even pantomimed driving off on a motorcycle

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I remember when My Friend's Dad turned into My Friend's Creepy Dad. I was about the same age as these two and I spent a lot less time at her place after that.

Stultus Maximus posted:

I think it's just the dad making a bad joke to embarrass his kids.

I guess. But only a week or two ago we had this same dude getting all twitterpated over Michael's girlfriend, so

Luann

Huh. Gunther's actually doing an intelligent thing. Go figure.

Gil Thorp

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika 118 - "Jucika And The Algebra Cheat Sheet" NSFW Nudity

"119 - Jucika Finds Protection"

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

Those who mean to bear arms against the regime were aboard the first I mean to fight vehicles to leave... for my country through nonviolence! :yaycat:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Doomykins posted:

"119 - Jucika Finds Protection"

I love the pragmatic way she uses her tears and just immediately gets on with her day.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

amigolupus posted:

Didn't they spend loads of time finding the perfect vacation spot? This doesn't look like they got in a quirky mishap, it just makes the Forths look like idiots.

no, they hurriedly booked a vacation way too late and at too high a price after finding out about Ted's mom giving them some money, because one of Hil's friends suggested it was a good idea to do

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

End of chapter!

After School Ghost Stories

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Fingerpori

ANSU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 1/14/51

Archie 9/8-10/47

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Steeple 16: Hell on Wheels Part 1

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Steeple website

John Allison posted:

There’s no greater pleasure than drawing the inside of a car and trying to arrange comic characters within it, from a series of angles. It’s easy and that’s why everybody does it all the time.

I like the detail of Billie's eye in the rear-view mirror in the third panel.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Bogor

Nekonaughey

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

No, that's still better value and the guy leaving/entering(?) is probably also buying coffee anyway so

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

COLLECTING THE HAIR OF CHILDREN FOR REASONS

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Feels like this story is going nowhere and taking forever to get there.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Not as aggravating as the superpowers storyline, imo, but yeah it's starting to spin its wheels a bit.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Still better than "preteens second-guess themselves, wordily" "our entire lives revolve around eating".

Scary Gary

...scratch my second point

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

Misc: It may be 1981 now, but the 70s refuses to die at Publix.

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hempuli posted:

Fingerpori

As a small addendum to this, in Finnish we use the term "needs" as a polite euphemism for pees and poops. You can say "someone is taking care of their needs" to indicate someone is in the bathroom or that someone's dog is pooping on your lawn or whatever.

Fingerpori

Jarla has been doing a lot of these "someone misinterprets an employees only / customers only sign" jokes recently.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Drimble Wedge posted:

Still better than "preteens second-guess themselves, wordily" "our entire lives revolve around eating".
Nancy? And... Kevin & Kell? :crossarms:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Stultus Maximus posted:

I think it's just the dad making a bad joke to embarrass his kids.

I think this is it and we're all just from a more damaged age.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Huxley posted:

In fishing, at least, trolling is moving slowly across a body of water dragging lines (ie, a trolling motor on your jon boat); trawling is commercial fishing boats dragging nets (literally trawls, pulled by trawlers).

Arlo is trolling, because he's moving slowly trying and to catch something.

e: In fact, the modern usage of trolling (at least according to the wiki) has its roots in the fishing term, and "someone who habitually trolls" being a troll and "troll" being a mythical creature/rear end in a top hat aren't linked. (At least not outside the term probably catching on in the first place because the coincidence is so good.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(slang)

A+J

Endless Mike posted:

Definitely not too early. The first definition of "troll" on Urban Dictionary is from 2002, so it was certainly in reasonably common use online by then and the cartoonist does seem pretty online

Hippocrass posted:

Google gives me this as the first result:

Trawling seems like a regional equivalent of the second definition.

Thanks for the input everyone. I had only ever heard of fisher trawlers trawling to get fish. Never even considered 'trolling' as a variation on it (then again, I do come from Scotland, so maybe vowel pronunciation there is more distinct?)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 7/4/03

Brenda Starr 4/22/51

Smokey Stover 8/21/55

Everyday Movies 7/30/36

"Keep looking up, Josie; I'm sure we can't have passed that Empire State Building."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 10/19/41

Bonus Comic! Dagwood Bumstead looks ahead to war!

Blondie 8/9/41

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis is no longer about turtles, it seems

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

I've got some friends who book a hotel in the middle of nowhere every bonfire night because their huge dog is very nervous. I don't know if that's a joke though.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The Lighter Side of Cruelty to Animals and Combat Survivors

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Feb. 02, 1958)

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

Pluggers like to cheat

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
the Dogg Zzone 9000 just dropped a podcast episode about Compu-Toon:
https://1900hotdog.com/2023/07/podcasting-day-compu-toon-with-dennard-dayle-%f0%9f%8c%ad/

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

CHILD HAIR