Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

I prefer the rubber chicken tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

Comedy enjoyers stay winning.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

I’d be genuinely happy for Cody if he had won the big one but I’m also genuinely happy that his WWE run has been funny as gently caress instead.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sure you're all laughing at WWE for its "awful booking" and "criminal acts" but the real reason is because you hate Cody Rhodes!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Sure you're all laughing at WWE for its "awful booking" and "criminal acts" but the real reason is because you hate Cody Rhodes!

lol

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Rarity posted:

I prefer the rubber chicken tbh

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

It can be all three

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Island Nation posted:

What exactly was WWE's intended plan after 30? Batista wins, defends the belt against Orton until he has to do the press junket for GOTG as champ (press and Dave don't care) then drop it to Brock at Summerslam?
Nah he just really wanted to work with Orton and Triple H so he likely would've dropped it to HHH at summerslam

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The reason it's funny with Cody is because he knew all of this and talked about it at length for years as the reason why he left.

And then he just....went back. And it happened to him again.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Someone failing due to their own hubris is always funny

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

MJeff posted:

The reason it's funny with Cody is because he knew all of this and talked about it at length for years as the reason why he left.

And then he just....went back. And it happened to him again.

Let's not forget that this is his reward for showing how much of a company man he is by wrestling with a torn titty

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

the young fan who cried tears of joy getting Cody’s belt last night

drat they’re jobbing him to kids now?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Cody, receiving yet more knees to the face:

"At least I didnt have to work that crummy forbidden door"

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
I'd just like to add that I'd read a, so you want to get into WWE thread. Can't watch aew atm and would like to know what's going on haha

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Elblanco posted:

I'd just like to add that I'd read a, so you want to get into WWE thread. Can't watch aew atm and would like to know what's going on haha

The bloodline has been rocking for 2 years now. All hail the Big Dog Roman Reigns. His Family has been running rough over the WWE universe beating everyone but recently there have been cracks leading to the Usos breaking free. I think thats everything to be recaped.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I don't know how much a "So you want to get into WWE" thread is necessary since they beat you over the head with every story beat on commentary.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Can't wait for the inevitable Cody vs LA Knight feud and Brock destroys BOTH guys

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

super macho dude posted:

Can't wait for the inevitable Cody vs LA Knight feud and Brock destroys BOTH guys

that would own, both those other guys stink

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Tampa Bae posted:

Nah he just really wanted to work with Orton and Triple H so he likely would've dropped it to HHH at summerslam

So HHH keeps the belt until Mania (including a failed cash in) and we get the 32 main event one year early

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Tampa Bae posted:

Batista really really really wanted to lose to HHH for like five years there and they just kept not doing it. :lol:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

super macho dude posted:

I can't believe you guys are claiming Cody feuding with Rick Boogs in NXT is making him look bad, OK he got his rear end kicked by Boogs 7 weeks straight but he also gave him the middle finger and cut a 10 minute promo about him, so just wait until they finish the story.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Cody is beating Brock at Summerslam

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

jackofarcades posted:

Cody is beating Brock at Summerslam

[goons reading recaps of programming that has clearly established Cody as the top face in the company and is obviously being paced to culminate in a rematch vs. Roman at the next WrestleMania] Another L for the Codester. How bad do you think he feels right now lol

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I can't believe you guys are claiming Cody feuding with Rick Boogs in NXT is making him look bad, OK he got his rear end kicked by Boogs 7 weeks straight but he also gave him the middle finger and cut a 10 minute promo about him, so just wait until they finish the story.

Cody in a few months:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAi7-8vm9RU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

xbilkis posted:

[goons reading recaps of programming that has clearly established Cody as the top face in the company and is obviously being paced to culminate in a rematch vs. Roman at the next WrestleMania] Another L for the Codester. How bad do you think he feels right now lol

Counterpoint: Vince McMahon runs WWE

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Pylons posted:

I don't know how much a "So you want to get into WWE" thread is necessary since they beat you over the head with every story beat on commentary.

They'll beat you over the head with story beats that don't even exist. It should really be a "How to avoid getting gaslit by WWE if you're just getting into it" thread.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Someone failing due to their own hubris is always funny

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I’d be genuinely happy for Cody if he had won the big one but I’m also genuinely happy that his WWE run has been funny as gently caress instead.

Yup

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Penguin Patrol posted:

They'll beat you over the head with story beats that don't even exist. It should really be a "How to avoid getting gaslit by WWE if you're just getting into it" thread.

I may be new to this stuff but no one will ever convince me that Dominic mysterio is a threat to anyone.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

xbilkis posted:

Even if

1) That is the plan instead of "what if the Rock comes to wrestle for us THIS time?"
2) They don't just change the plan.
3) He doesn't just win the cuck belt instead of Roman's belt.

They would still be missing the peak by an entire year.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jul 4, 2023

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Elblanco posted:

I may be new to this stuff but no one will ever convince me that Dominic mysterio is a threat to anyone.

But he's done hard time!

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Best case scenario is Cody wins the belt at wm and then has two really bad feuds before dropping it at summerslam, he continues to be champion but never main events shows Roman is on and is treated exactly like Danielson and Kofi before him but WWE fans will try and play it off as the second greatest storytelling of all time while cody is locked into a feud with The Miz third match from the top for the title

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Cody winning the belt off of anyone except Roman is going to be almost as funny as him not winning it at all tbqh

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Cody winning the belt off of anyone except Roman is going to be almost as funny as him not winning it at all tbqh

Honestly funnier since we get to see the takes defending it

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

the young fan who cried tears of joy getting Cody’s belt last night, that’s why no matter the hate and the seething Cody will be the best, the man is the babyface wrestling has needed for years and the best good guy in wrestling since Daniel Bryan.

Also this idea that Brock is burying Cody is absurd when Cody pinned the guy and then got the too tough to tap submission loss, no one has been booked this strong against Brock since HHH

I'd argue Roman has been booked stronger against Brock overall

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

in what way, Roman has cheated to win a lot of his matches while Brock usually just messes people up and loses to low blows

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Roman has never beaten Brock without some kind of massive asterisk, but then, neither has Cody.

Also, "Cody passing out from an armbar in a match where he had a free metal weapon he could bludgeon his opponent with as much as he wanted is actually evidence of how strong he's booked" is the kind of lunatic copium poo poo that makes laughing at him so much fun.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dango Bango posted:

But he's done hard time!

I can't believe someone would disregard all the time Dirty Dom spent in prison where he had to learn how to survive and fight for his life.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Still say screw it and let Roman break all the records (even though it's not for the same belt)

He broke Pedro Morales' record a 12 days ago
198 more days to pass Bruno
435 more days to pass Hogan's
1096 more days to pass Backlund
1764 more days to pass Bruno

It's just 5 more years of Roman!
Probably never going to get a chance like this again I bet so just go for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Digital Jedi posted:

Still say screw it and let Roman break all the records (even though it's not for the same belt)

He broke Pedro Morales' record a 12 days ago
198 more days to pass Bruno
435 more days to pass Hogan's
1096 more days to pass Backlund
1764 more days to pass Bruno

It's just 5 more years of Roman!
Probably never going to get a chance like this again I bet so just go for it

1764 days would be May 2nd, 2028, so... Roman would drop it at Summer Slam 2028? Or Money in the Bank?