Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Can’t fire the Chief Technology Officer when he owns the company and is almost singularly your Board of Directors. :lol:

The only thing in this for Linda is she gets CEO on her CV, which wouldn’t have happened otherwise. Maybe that gets her another CEO gig later, maybe not.

I assume she's getting big bucks and a guaranteed golden parachute* as well.

*For whatever that's worth with Elon 'Severance agreements don't have to be paid' Musk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Deptfordx posted:

I assume she's getting big bucks and a guaranteed golden parachute* as well.

*For whatever that's worth with Elon 'Severance agreements don't have to be paid' Musk.

She ain't gettin' whatever money Elon promised her.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

Ahhh, so she's a dead eyed true believer as well

Good, good

no shes just collecting a check while she can before she fucks off to the next fail upwards ceo gig all the better for it

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Any company: “this bug affected a tiny percentage of users”

Translation: “this bug affected all users”

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

TulliusCicero posted:

Ahhh, so she's a dead eyed true believer as well

Good, good
Meh. If it had come from anyone else I'd agree, but that strikes me as standard CEO-speak. She's just playing the game.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
"Sometimes you must slow down to speed up" lol

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Meh. If it had come from anyone else I'd agree, but that strikes me as standard CEO-speak. She's just playing the game.

Yeah, this is what Yacc was hired for - to spread a layer of corporate CEO buzzword bullshit over everything, to make Twitter appear more normal to advertisers.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
She’s 59; she might want to retire from executive roles after this, she can say she made it to the top job at a household name company, and she’ll get sinecure board positions at smaller companies until she decides she doesn’t even want to do that anymore.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Really want him to break embeds so we can be done with it.

Post screenshots of tweets in threads, done.

screen shots still depend on 3rd party service/imgur not having brain worms and shooting itself in the face to "be """"profitable""""" and make IPO stonk number go upupup", also given how most birdposts and shares are mostly text based, just copy paste the text.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

what are people ITT expecting of the CEO lol, should she say "this site loving sucks and elon's an rear end in a top hat"

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

This is amazing to me; this is a carefully phrased statement released by whatever fragments of a PR department twitter has left, and it's just not able to disguise the loopiness with corporate-speak. These are the kind of people who can reframe eradicating indigenous peoples as "revitalizing deprived areas with new investment", and they can't make Elons flailings sound anything but insane.

If you, a corporate communications professional have to use the word "extreme"*, you are in trouble. That is a scare word, and your job is to soothe your users, your board, your investors and your advertisers.

"While this work will never be done" = "this chaos is not going to end any time soon" = RUN AWAAAAAAY

* barring the use of XXXXtreme Flavor, of course

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

what are people ITT expecting of the CEO lol, should she say "this site loving sucks and elon's an rear end in a top hat"

In a normal company, if the CTO hosed things up as badly as Elon has, the CEO would fire him.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

DaveWoo posted:

In a normal company, if the CTO hosed things up as badly as Elon has, the CEO would fire him.

yeah but that's not the setup here, he owns the thing

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Well then she should probably resign :shrug:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol Yacc Attacc is on vacation and couldn't give less of a poo poo about what is actually going on at twitter

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Even if Elon never pays Yaccarino and fires her, just the fact that she had the title of CEO is going to change her life. :lol:

No one was going to make Linda Yaccarino CEO of anything before this. Now, she’ll be “in the conversation,” and probably end up on multiple board of directors over the next 20 years.

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006
She might be aiming more for the Carly Fiorina express. Work with the WEF, help tank a company with bad ideas, get ousted, move on to politics and help tank a country with bad ideas.

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

Dabir posted:

Time to go back to calling them "topics" here

no

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Yaccarino's only mistake was accepting a job from Elon Musk. That's a doozy though

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Marissa Mayer took Yahoo from a valuation of $40b+ down to $4.5b, and depending on how you measure it that was only because of shares of Alibaba with the core business being worth negative billions of dollars by the time she left.

She got a $180m+ severance package, sits on multiple boards of directors, and recently raised millions of dollars for a new startup.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

is this a good time to finally start the niche interest myphp forums i wanted to start when i was 15

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

im looking for a mod for the neon genesis evangelion subforum btw

e: no asukas!!!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

She ain't gettin' whatever money Elon promised her.

Maybe he'll offer her a horse.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
The CEO lady is ideally positioned to write a book on the last days of Twitter.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

DeeplyConcerned posted:

This should accelerate the development of my anger amplifier app

Interesting

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Beachcomber posted:

I can see why you'd say that, but these Executive husk types tend to be oblivious to the world past the tip of their nose. anything she wrote would likely amount to a detailed topographical analysis of her own navel, and vanishingly little else

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
Lol, so they’re really doing their equivalent of candidate trump’s “OF COURSE there’s policies and plans, I just can’t tell them to you because the other candidates / China would hear about them, IDIOT”

These people treat their bases like parents explaining away mall Santas to a five year old.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Beachcomber posted:

Never. She will smile and speak in corporate jargon until Elon fires her, and then she’ll release a statement on what a pleasure it was being there, how proud she is for their accomplishments (even if there are none), what a bright future is ahead for the company (even if it’s dead), and thanking Elon for the best <years/months/weeks> of her professional career.

Then she’ll end up on the board of AT&T :unsmigghh:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Any company: “this bug affected a tiny percentage of users”

Translation: “this bug affected all users”

They've hired that Russian PR Firm!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

You can't stop THE SCRAPEINATOR.

You can only hope to rate limit it.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Marissa Mayer took Yahoo from a valuation of $40b+ down to $4.5b, and depending on how you measure it that was only because of shares of Alibaba with the core business being worth negative billions of dollars by the time she left.

She got a $180m+ severance package, sits on multiple boards of directors, and recently raised millions of dollars for a new startup.

Yes but Mayer didn't have Elon for a boss. Linda Y will most likely walk away with zero golden parachute.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I want to say that whether or not Yikesarino sits on a board after Twitter will depend on what happens when Twitter finally dies and how much harm it brings to her "brand". Unfortunately, CEOs are complete loving idiots and never seem to receive any sort of consequences for it, so I'm sure she'll have a career long after Muck.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

not even a free horse for her troubles?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I want to say that whether or not Yikesarino sits on a board after Twitter will depend on what happens when Twitter finally dies and how much harm it brings to her "brand". Unfortunately, CEOs are complete loving idiots and never seem to receive any sort of consequences for it, so I'm sure she'll have a career long after Muck.

No one’s going to hold Twitter’s failures against Yaccarino. Everyone knows it’s Elon. Smiling and eating the poo poo sandwich is going to open doors for her.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Never. She will smile and speak in corporate jargon until Elon fires her, and then she’ll release a statement on what a pleasure it was being there, how proud she is for their accomplishments (even if there are none), what a bright future is ahead for the company (even if it’s dead), and thanking Elon for the best <years/months/weeks> of her professional career.

Then she’ll end up on the board of AT&T :unsmigghh:

I think she can totally write a book about the lessons she learned from THE enron husk

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

I think people are underestimating how much this brand of executive loves Elon and thinks he's a genius, business and otherwise. She is never going to say a negative word about him or his company.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Other than the (very few) CEOs who end up in prison or imploded in the ocean, are there prominent examples of CEOs who couldn’t find work after their time in the top job?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Sankis posted:

I think people are underestimating how much this brand of executive loves Elon and thinks he's a genius, business and otherwise. She is never going to say a negative word about him or his company.
Of course she isn't, but it's not out of love, it's out of "being a CEO." CEOs do not badmouth the companies they managed, no matter how lovely things were while they were there. The whole idea of being a CEO is that you're "supposed" to be in charge--if you badmouth the company, you're badmouthing yourself and your own leadership. There's no reason to ever do it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Sankis posted:

Why would she say anything negative about her employer anyway

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Yeah, there's no reason to ever do it even if legally allowed. I just mean to say that I think even aside from that I think she's a true believer in Elon being a business and tech genius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mastodon really sucks, like there's nothing fun that gets any sort of engagement and it's so hard to seek the "good stuff" out, presumably because of the feds thing. The Explore tab is just full of people talking about how insecure Threads is going to be, how bad Twitter is, a peppering of bot accounts that post like "interesting history photos" and things of that sort, and a few real people posting real stupid jokes that get a couple hundred likes. I'm pretty certain Mastodon had their chance the last time interest in other platforms spiked but blew it by having an utterly confusing signup process to the average user that probably turned most people away before they were able to make an account.