Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Field Mousepad posted:

The eye boss is a fuckin nightmare

Man At Arms with Defender and Retribution helps a lot here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Something I learned the hard way about the third act boss is that if you are relying on a MAA to tank, you should also have some way of quickly stripping off block tokens or just have a really DoT heavy party, because the boss is going to keep stealing them and while the MAA can hold out for a pretty long time, the extra tankiness the boss gets from all those tokens is going to slow the fight down enough that he'seventually going to manage to slip an observe in when you don't have any taunts left and one he starts marking other party members the fight is going to spiral out of control pretty quickly.

I had a party comp that was able to breeze through every lair boss except librarian (I think they could probably handle him okay too, I just never bothered trying him since I never needed to) of Occultist/Jester/MAA/Hellion, with the idea being laying down a lot of combo tokens and dealing huge amounts of direct damage, while the MAA just sits there tanking all the hits and the occultist throwing out the occasional heal on the rare occasion when one was needed, and that reliance on direct damage + no token removal really hurt on that boss even if they were able to handle phase 1 with no trouble.

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jul 4, 2023

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Entropy238 posted:

It seems like there's a lot less hype / discussion about DD2 online than DD1?

I picked it up a few weeks ago. I'm really loving it. Combat greatly improved, graphics amazing, nice progression system.

My main criticism is that DD2 doesn't give you that sense of loss the first game did when heroes die. I guess it's not what the devs were going for this time around. I remember getting full party wipes in DD1 and then not wanting to look at my computer for a week. It added a lot to the tension / magic of the game.

DD2 was on epic game store and that killed a lot of word of mouth. Maybe for the better because it would've been panned for the changes early on. By the time the steam crowd saw it, it was massively improved and people accepted the changes. I've seen streamers play it, people online talk about it. I think its DD is just old now. There are other games in the same vein that are popular now (Inscryption, Fear&Hunger).

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Popete posted:

I've heard so much about the 3rd boss being the most difficult I feel like that's gonna take me awhile to beat.

Yeah it's by far the hardest. Absolutely spoil yourself on the mechanic unless you're some sort of masochist.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Wafflecopper posted:

Yeah it's by far the hardest. Absolutely spoil yourself on the mechanic unless you're some sort of masochist.

The thing is, I see the mechanic of using taunting, but I've also seen something about moving a single unit around the party as some kinda... Scapegoat? As an alternative tactic? It really isn't that great a boss...

Also, am I going nuts, or has the game stopped having the brigadier cannon come up as a potential enemy?

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

The 3rd boss has been reworked multiple times, the movement stuff was related to the 2nd iteration of it and is not relevant anymore.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah most of the information in this thread and online in general is out of date, it was changed very recently. The way to tell if a video about it is up to date is if the eyes start big.

The cannon is definitely still around, I ran into it while playing yesterday and I'm on the most recent version. It's just a pretty rare encounter.

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.
I'm pretty gosh darn bad at the game yet but a little thing that helped me which might help others I stumbled over the other day.

The General isn't too bad a lair boss but it turns out zero-damage combat items like smoke bomb or bear trap can still increment the taproot's counter, so that's a handy little backup/action economy thing to have in your pocket.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Yeah most of the information in this thread and online in general is out of date, it was changed very recently. The way to tell if a video about it is up to date is if the eyes start big.

The cannon is definitely still around, I ran into it while playing yesterday and I'm on the most recent version. It's just a pretty rare encounter.

There's still a decent amount of good info in this thread, it's mostly just the third boss they keep really changing because it sucked.

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010

CapitanGarlic posted:

I'm pretty gosh darn bad at the game yet but a little thing that helped me which might help others I stumbled over the other day.

The General isn't too bad a lair boss but it turns out zero-damage combat items like smoke bomb or bear trap can still increment the taproot's counter, so that's a handy little backup/action economy thing to have in your pocket.

Linseed oil, which is really cheap/stacks to 4 by default/isn't that hot of an item usually, is really good for this too!

Hawgh
Feb 27, 2013

Size does matter, after all.
The design decision to have bosses benefit from Death's Door can go ahead and gently caress itself right up the rear end.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hawgh posted:

The design decision to have bosses benefit from Death's Door can go ahead and gently caress itself right up the rear end.

Yeah I'm not a fan of that mechanic though thankfully they were fairly restrained with it and most of the harder bosses actually don't have it.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Well, you could knock me down with a feather; I managed to take care of the third chapter boss, WHILE starting the round with three of my party members tagged beforehand.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Well, you could knock me down with an even LARGER feather. For all my bitching about the third boss (and me gloatingly bragging about taking on Resentment on the first try), I managed to wallop Ambition on the first try as well.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
the weird thing about this game is that you can often get through a disadvantageous fight just fine as long as your party's order of operations isn't compromised too terribly. like you might get so-and-so going to death's door every turn but if they get healed even a little bit as part of the flow you're just fine. It's when you start to have to triage that things go sideways

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
A thing I noticed about DD2 and its bosses is that it really seems to favour party comps that can poo poo out a lot of damage really quickly rather than ones that are built for sustain. Healing is less of an issue than it was in DD1 because you get free healing between nodes and a lot of the bosses really just cannot be healed through because of the amount of full-party attacks they love to spam. So there are some fights that might be really difficult if you go in with a balanced party that end up being surprisingly easy if you're built to maximize damage output.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Mmm. The boss designs are... Maybe a bit lacking? Though I do get that they wanted to use different mechanics from the first game (even then, there's the Leviathan being an effective reskin of the Hag fight), and there's only so much you can change about.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Bosses have too much health.

An update should be coming at the end of the month

I like the DD checks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3Feag9e5FI&t=7s

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Not sure what took me so long but I'm finally getting around to playing DD1 and it's got its hooks in me. I'm a complete newcomer to the game/series and still figuring out all the mechanics but I'm having a blast.

A few questions -

Is grinding a thing? Do enemies scale? Can I powerlevel some of my folks to make bosses/subsequent runs any easier?

Early on, I'm running extremely short on deeds to upgrade the hamlet. Aside from converting other heirlooms at a loss, what's the quickest way to farm them?

Despite my best judgment I'm playing with all DLC enabled despite the warning about Crimson Court being for more experienced players. Is there any harm in putting the DLC missions off until my parties are stronger?

Which quirks (and diseases) definitely need to be removed? Which quirks definitely need to be made permanent?

Are there any other mid-battle abilities that remove stress other than the Jester's skill? So far stress management has been the most difficult aspect of the game and I doubt that'll change much.

Any upgrades (skills, weapons, upgrades, hamlet buildings, districts) that should be rushed?

Any other beginner TIPS AND TRICKS are appreciated.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

The Midniter posted:

Not sure what took me so long but I'm finally getting around to playing DD1 and it's got its hooks in me. I'm a complete newcomer to the game/series and still figuring out all the mechanics but I'm having a blast.

A few questions -

Is grinding a thing? Do enemies scale? Can I powerlevel some of my folks to make bosses/subsequent runs any easier?

Yes, yes and watch out, because if they get too high up, they can refuse to go on dungeons that are too low a level beneath their skill.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

It’s been too long since I played the original to remember the specifics but one thing I can tell you for sure is play on Radiant mode. It’s really not easy mode as much as « cut the grind in half » mode.

Also don’t start with Crimson Court enabled but it seems you knew that and did it anyway. Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Midniter posted:

A few questions -

Early on, I'm running extremely short on deeds to upgrade the hamlet. Aside from converting other heirlooms at a loss, what's the quickest way to farm them?

Despite my best judgment I'm playing with all DLC enabled despite the warning about Crimson Court being for more experienced players. Is there any harm in putting the DLC missions off until my parties are stronger?

Which quirks (and diseases) definitely need to be removed? Which quirks definitely need to be made permanent?

Are there any other mid-battle abilities that remove stress other than the Jester's skill? So far stress management has been the most difficult aspect of the game and I doubt that'll change much.

Any upgrades (skills, weapons, upgrades, hamlet buildings, districts) that should be rushed?

Any other beginner TIPS AND TRICKS are appreciated.

Grinding is a thing but there is a limit - as mentioned people will refuse to enter dungeons that are too easy for them, and the overall level cap is 6 which is only one level above the minimum requirement to enter hard dungeons. There's also no point in grinding past the maximum level you've upgraded your guild/blacksmith to. The weapon/skill upgrades are where the majority of benefits of levelling up come from so levelling beyond what you can supply won't really help you.

There's not really an easy way to farm any specific heirloom, they drop more or less equally from every dungeon, but the Weald is more likely to offer deeds as a quest completion reward, and heirloom chests in general are more common in the ruins. Using a key on them gets you the most stuff.

If you haven't touched the DLC missions at all yet, then there's not a huge issue. Before you activate the Crimson Court DLC by doing the first mission, all it does is make the "The Town is Abuzz" event happen pretty much constantly (some special events will override it but otherwise it'll just be active all the time), which is annoying but not a huge deal. Once you have done the first CC mission though, it creates an infestation clock where the longer you go without dealing with a court boss, the more court enemies will spawn in regular missions, which in turn will lead to more of your people getting the crimson curse and a need to keep them supplied with the blood to avoid having them die from it. Killing a court boss will cure everyone of the curse and reset the infestation clock but the only way to remove it completely is to complete the DLC by killing the countess. The Farmstead is less of a big deal and just sits there not doing anything; it's basically just an endless combat mode and is completely optional.

Generally quirks you want removed ASAP are anything that will make people act outside of your control. Kleptomaniac is an awful one because you lose loot to it, Imposter Syndrome is also awful because it's a 1/25 chance to just skip their turn in combat. A few others are situational where they'll be really bad on some characters but totally harmless on others, things like -acc to ranged skills for example don't matter on the Hellion who is all melee but are pretty bad on Arbalest. Those ones can actually be positive in a way for the characters they don't impact because when they lock in they'll take up a slot that might otherwise go to a worse quirk. As for diseases, you pretty much just want to remove all of them. It's not very expensive to do so and they're almost all downsides (rabies is an exception where it gives a damage buff in exchange for an accuracy penalty and there are some gimmick builds based around it but even then you're usually better off just curing it).

For quirks you want to lock in, in general anything that gives +acc and +speed is good, unless you're doing a specific party comp that requires people to act in a particular order and so you deliberately want someone to be slower than the others. Hippocratic is also very good on healers. Locking positive quirks in is very expensive to do in the early game though and not really worth it - what you want to do is keep an eye out for missions that will give you the "Caregivers Convention" or "Town Fair" town events (I'm not sure if there are any for the latter but the former comes up fairly regularly), both of which will make the sanitarium free. An important tip is that you can also lock in a positive trait and remove a negative trait at the same time, so when it's all free there's no reason not to do both at once.

There are a few other combat stress removers but the Jester is far and away the best at it. The Crusader has a decent one that has the major advantage of being usable from any rank and also gives some bonus torch along with it. The houndmaster and arbalest/musketeer have ones that affect the whole party at once but aren't reliable (it's a % chance per party member).

As mentioned earlier, the guild/blacksmith are your priorities to upgrade. They both serve as an effective level cap in how strong your party can get so you want to have those upgrades keep pace with the average level of your heroes. Upgrading the stagecoach to bring in 4 new people each week can also be helpful because it means that "just throw a bunch of chumps into a beginner dungeon with zero supplies to grab whatever loot they can" is always an option if you find yourself low on cash, but upgrading it beyond that isn't a big deal. Upgrading the number of slots in the sanitarium can be useful if you want to get maximum use out of the town events I mentioned earlier, but also more of a "nice to have" than anything else. Stress relief buildings are the lowest priority upgrade - you really want to try to mitigate stress in the dungeons themselves rather than having everyone come back a broken wreck every time and spending a lot of money getting them back into fighting shape. Early on it can be more useful to just dismiss people who are too broken rather than trying to fix them up again.

General tips and tricks:
-Stuns are your friend. Controlling the action economy is the key to doing well in this game. A lot of people underestimate them because it feels like you're just trading one of your turns for one of theirs, but in general minimizing the number of actions the enemies can take will serve you more in the long run. You can kind of think of it like proactive healing - if that enemy would have dealt 20 damage to you with their attack, that's functionally 20 damage you just healed with a single move, not to mention mitigating whatever stress or other secondary effects they might have on their attacks.
-In general, backline enemies are more of a threat than frontline ones, so you really want to have at least a few people who can reach back there. The Hellion is great at this, as is the Plague Doctor. Yanking them into the front lines with an Occultist or Bounty Hunter is also an option, but bear in mind a lot of backline enemies have moves that will push them back again so it's hard to permanently disrupt their formation.
-Speaking of stuns and the Occultist, put the Occultist in the 2nd rank. I know he feels like a backline unit but his stun is one of the best in the game, with a 10% higher base chance than other stuns and he also gets a unique class trinket that adds 30% more to his stun chance and a different unique class trinket that gives another 20%, making stunning an enemy for two turns in a row actually viable.
-The lower tier gems (citrines/jade) are actually wasted space. A full stack of citrines is straight up worth less than a full stack of gold, and a full stack of jade is worth only slightly more and finding enough to make a full stack is a lot less likely than finding gold.
-You can't be surprised by the enemy on tiles/rooms you've scouted. It's okay to let your torch drop a bit to score some extra loot if you have scouting on the area ahead (although you want to be wary of the increased crit rate and stress, and letting it drop to zero is very risky because it makes random Shambler encounters possible).

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Aug 4, 2023

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Rather than level grinding, an important consideration is to manage your heroes' XP before they reach level 5, so they can go from level 5 to 6 in one quest. Level 5 dungeons are deadly and you should try to avoid doing them unless necessary. It's worthwhile to get your level 4 characters up to 32 out of 36 XP, then do a medium-difficulty boss or long dungeon. This way, they'll be able to reach level 6 by completing a single short level 5 dungeon, rather than risking their lives on a long expedition or boss fight. A level 6 character is not that much stronger than a level 5 character, although a level 6 has better resistances across the board.

Also, non-obvious but vital gameplay tip: The Antiquarian collects more loot at the end of battles, and whenever she interacts with a curio.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Thank you Cheshire Cat for the seriously comprehensive response - it helps a ton. I recently finished playing Midnight Suns and am an XCOM veteran so controlling the action economy is somewhat second nature now which is why I think I’m doing all right now. Still had a party wipe taking on a boss before I was ready, but this game throws recruits at you so no biggie.

Chamale, appreciate the advice as well.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

So! Am at the very last boss - Cowardice. Yet when I go through the final gates, there's the typical screen wipe that goes to black with the cursor... and then nothing. The screen remains black, though I can move the mouse.

Recommendations, e.g. restarting, restarting with graphics turned to low, verifying file integrity, have been of no help. Has anyone else here encountered this bug, and how does one overcome it?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I just finished another playthrough of DD1 on Stygian. It's so good. This time, I didn't have four fixed teams of four, I mixed characters around. Ended up going to the final dungeon with Leper, Abomination, Vestal, and Grave Robber. The Vestal was subject to heavy stress immediately, and responded by becoming Powerful. If she had become afflicted, I almost certainly would have lost.

Here's a question I've been wondering about - if a hero has the Skilled Gambler quirk, is it worthwhile to stick them in the gambling hall every week even if they aren't stressed? What's the average value of a trinket?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Chamale posted:

I just finished another playthrough of DD1 on Stygian. It's so good. This time, I didn't have four fixed teams of four, I mixed characters around. Ended up going to the final dungeon with Leper, Abomination, Vestal, and Grave Robber. The Vestal was subject to heavy stress immediately, and responded by becoming Powerful. If she had become afflicted, I almost certainly would have lost.

Here's a question I've been wondering about - if a hero has the Skilled Gambler quirk, is it worthwhile to stick them in the gambling hall every week even if they aren't stressed? What's the average value of a trinket?

That hero will be more useful helping to find trinkets in dungeons. Nomad wagon sells trinkets already and Nomad New Year gives you half off during the event if you're inclined to buy trinkets.

Stress relief buildings are only worth it if you are afflicted. There's always the risk of a bad quirk or the hero just loving off for a week, so it's only a good idea to put them in there if they didn't have much use that week anyway.

With Stygian it is prudent to be flexible since I find it better to rotate heroes around. This is why I'm always a big advocate for keeping your roster as big as possible. A hyper optimized team loses a lot of efficacy if some of its members are afflicted or crippled with bad quirks or diseases.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Chamale posted:

Rather than level grinding, an important consideration is to manage your heroes' XP before they reach level 5, so they can go from level 5 to 6 in one quest. Level 5 dungeons are deadly and you should try to avoid doing them unless necessary. It's worthwhile to get your level 4 characters up to 32 out of 36 XP, then do a medium-difficulty boss or long dungeon. This way, they'll be able to reach level 6 by completing a single short level 5 dungeon, rather than risking their lives on a long expedition or boss fight. A level 6 character is not that much stronger than a level 5 character, although a level 6 has better resistances across the board.

Also, non-obvious but vital gameplay tip: The Antiquarian collects more loot at the end of battles, and whenever she interacts with a curio.

This is why my Stygian strategy is to minimize the number of Champion dungeon runs if possible. Sure you get the biggest rewards and xp out of them but I found deathless Stygian runs are easier to achieve simply by maximizing safe runs instead.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

How onerous is the time limit on a Stygian run? I’m currently week 14 on my Darkest run with a handful of level 2s and mostly level 1s. Seems like it would be cutting it very close getting enough to level 6 to beat it, in my admittedly very limited experience.

Maybe I should start doing more Medium dungeons instead of speedrunning Short ones for the loot.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

The Midniter posted:

How onerous is the time limit on a Stygian run? I’m currently week 14 on my Darkest run with a handful of level 2s and mostly level 1s. Seems like it would be cutting it very close getting enough to level 6 to beat it, in my admittedly very limited experience.

Maybe I should start doing more Medium dungeons instead of speedrunning Short ones for the loot.

Not as bad as it looks. Just remember you need sixteen level 6 heroes by around week 80. Have all your efforts work towards that goal and you should be fine. Better to flee a dungeon than have casualties, but also better to embark on low risk runs to avoid having to flee in the first place.

Past week 50 having a full party wipe of level 6 heroes is far more crippling than the occasional run where you completely forgot torches or had a level 0 hero get murked right off the bat.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Panfilo posted:

That hero will be more useful helping to find trinkets in dungeons. Nomad wagon sells trinkets already and Nomad New Year gives you half off during the event if you're inclined to buy trinkets.

I'm not talking about main heroes, I mean if I find a level 1 recruit that happens to have the Skilled Gambler trait. I did the math, if the wiki is correct, a skilled gambler has a 16.4% chance to win 2,000 gold and a 16.2% chance to win a trinket. The average trinket value is about 1500 gold. The lowest the cost can get is 900 gold, so mathematically it's a negative return. Of course, when Mardi Gras happens, you might as well stick a skilled gambler in there for free if you don't need him for that week's expedition.

quote:

Stress relief buildings are only worth it if you are afflicted. There's always the risk of a bad quirk or the hero just loving off for a week, so it's only a good idea to put them in there if they didn't have much use that week anyway.

I agree with you there. Prayer seems to have the lowest risk of negative side effects, and overall the Abbey is less risky than the Tavern.

quote:

With Stygian it is prudent to be flexible since I find it better to rotate heroes around. This is why I'm always a big advocate for keeping your roster as big as possible. A hyper optimized team loses a lot of efficacy if some of its members are afflicted or crippled with bad quirks or diseases.

Yeah, this time I used around 25 heroes throughout the game, unlike my first Stygian playthrough which used a total of 17 characters (one died). I had more deaths this time, but also I did it without being glued to the wiki and my page of notes, so I had a lot more fun.

Panfilo posted:

This is why my Stygian strategy is to minimize the number of Champion dungeon runs if possible. Sure you get the biggest rewards and xp out of them but I found deathless Stygian runs are easier to achieve simply by maximizing safe runs instead.

This was my approach as well, I posted about my strategy when the new player was asking for advice. Every hero only had to do one Champion expedition.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Do enemies know a specific party member is wearing a +stress trinket? Sure seemed like it. Makes me think +stress trinkets aren’t worth it, even with the big bonuses they provide.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

The Midniter posted:

Do enemies know a specific party member is wearing a +stress trinket? Sure seemed like it. Makes me think +stress trinkets aren’t worth it, even with the big bonuses they provide.

RNG

Some Flagellant builds benefit from high stress and gain a bonus from having the toxic stress effect but yeah, the game is about tradeoffs.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Makes sense, just wasn’t sure if it was unlucky RNG (in which case I’d keep using such trinkets) or specific targeting (in which case I wouldn’t).

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Midniter posted:

I don't think the AI considers stat buffs/debuffs you have but there are some stress causing enemies whose AI tends to "pile on" rather than being purely random - i.e. they'll target the person in the group who already has the highest stress. So it's less that they're targeting people with +stress trinkets and more having a +stress trinket makes that person more likely to be the most stressed person in the party. This can kind of work in your favour if you have a jester in the group since the jester's stress heal is not only a very strong single target stress heal but also gives stress resist as a buff, so if they keep trying to pile on to that same target it'll cause less and less stress each turn.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

DD2: Chirurgeon's Table Live (8/17)

Random highlights:
The Collector and Gaunt Chirurgeon added
New Champions for each enemy set (miniboss enemies like implication or black phillip are called Champions now)
Infernal Flame and torch rework
~60 new variant mashes to Resist encounters
Worship is no longer a free action but buffs as well as heal
Altar: Altar of X skills are no longer a free action
Death’s Head trinkets buffed
All Pets are now available at the Valley Inn

edit: Just fought the Chirugeon. He's doctor themed, heals, does stress. Only saw the region 1 version. 1 space unit. Not really hard but has a gimmick where dots give regen then he clears his dots. 2 round fight with gaunt enemies.

temple fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 17, 2023

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Also, whatever the update was, it managed to solve the bug I had been having for a while.

So, needless to say, I encountered the final boss and was pretty much smashed by it, unsurprisingly.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/DarkestDungeon/status/1694444262698709310?s=20

Some excellent updates planned here including a death's door rework for enemies, being able to pick heroes after party members die, and the long awaited act 3 boss rework

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

gently caress YOU ALL, BEAT THE GAME!

And I managed to do it with only completing two face your fears at the final boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Those deaths door changes are weird. I also like random inn heroes.