Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

ugh yeah episode 3 is blahhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Oh my loving god if I have to listen to the white guy and his ex talk on the phone one more time

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
yeah those parts are the worst

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
For those who have seen season 1 of Foundation, how much explicit content is in there? Is it something that could be good for family young and old to watch together, or it is more in the vain of Spartacus where everyone is banging?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Hughmoris posted:

For those who have seen season 1 of Foundation, how much explicit content is in there? Is it something that could be good for family young and old to watch together, or it is more in the vain of Spartacus where everyone is banging?

IIRC there’s a really hot scene involving 2 basically naked men “helping each other out” if you know what I mean

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It would be a great way to send your young family members to sleep. And the rest of them

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Hughmoris posted:

Boris Galerkin posted:

IIRC there’s a really hot scene involving 2 basically naked men “helping each other out” if you know what I mean

honestly Hughmoris, this would cause more issues with the old people than the young

Escobarbarian posted:

It would be a great way to send your young family members to sleep. And the rest of them

agreed

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
This Hijack show is hilarious. Everyone except the actual police are magically master detectives and are able to get access to a bunch of information they have no right asking for in their normal position.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

I actually liked Invasion. The drama is kinda eh though, for the most part. It does feel like a lot of the criticism around is that not enough aliens and I didn't expect such, even though the final episodes had some real dumb parts to it. It feels like a dumb man's version of Three Body Problem. I liked the Chinese series but hot drat that thing dragged.

I probably wouldn't have watched it hadn't season 2 been confirmed though.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I watched the trailer for this Beanie Baby movie they have coming up and it doesn’t seem to have actual beanie babies in it so I wonder if they didn’t get the rights? But the character is the real guy so I dunno?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Maybe they didn’t have the budget for it, don’t you know how much those things are worth!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Platonic had a good finale. Really seemed like they were gonna do a romance thing right at the end there but thankfully they didn’t go there.

Afterparty season 2 off to a decent enough but far from great start. Not sure this was necessary, but I loving love the cast.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

Afterparty season 2 off to a decent enough but far from great start. Not sure this was necessary, but I loving love the cast.

Elizabeth Perkins Celia Hodes jumping up and down on that trampoline.

I love that they seem more fully committed to the bit this season. The second episode really went all in on its pastiche, and found something fun and good to say about the genre it was parodying.

Going from the opening credits: film noir, a western, maybe a heist thriller...?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Not really show related but does anyone know if I can watch Apple TV+ shows on a new Chromecast (white dongle with remote) “natively” or do I need to resort to air playing it from my phone?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

Not really show related but does anyone know if I can watch Apple TV+ shows on a new Chromecast (white dongle with remote) “natively” or do I need to resort to air playing it from my phone?

Yes you can. Just download the app on your chromecast

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Just watched the first episode of For All Mankind. Not sure if I missed some dialogue where the characters said each other’s names to introduce the audience to them or not but once Werner von Braun spoke his first line with his fake accent I figured out that all the characters were suppose to be real people and then I had fun trying to remember who all those people are.

Fun episode though. Prolly gonna keep watching.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Boris Galerkin posted:

Just watched the first episode of For All Mankind. Not sure if I missed some dialogue where the characters said each other’s names to introduce the audience to them or not but once Werner von Braun spoke his first line with his fake accent I figured out that all the characters were suppose to be real people and then I had fun trying to remember who all those people are.

Fun episode though. Prolly gonna keep watching.

enjoy. its pretty great till season 4 imo, then it becomes real bad

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

clean ayers act posted:

enjoy. its pretty great till season 4 imo, then it becomes real bad
Luckily season 4 hasn't started, so it's all pretty great!

(Jk, assuming you meant season 3 because yeah it got pretty dumb)

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I guess not everyone is a real person. Seems like the main cast that we follow are just based off of real people, but a lot of the background cast seem to be.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ok Afterparty this week was……not good

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Hijack descends into more melodrama. For plot reasons they were never going to land that plane. It has to make its way to London.

That said I still kinda enjoy it but I’m rather disappointed that this show doesn’t lean enough on the Idris Elba Master Negotiator premise that was promised by the pilot.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Hijack is such a guilty pleasure watch especially since Idris Elba yet again stirred up poo poo to create drama and then double back on it

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Hijack is both frustrating to watch and intriguing at the same time.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

Hijack is both frustrating to watch and intriguing at the same time.

Yeah. I'm only through ep 3 but it's keeping my interest despite some annoyances.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Hijack is the bad show you can't look away from. It's not the worst and it's certainly not the best, but it's just intriguing enough, just dumb enough, that you can't look away from. Like a car wreck on the interstate, you wanna look at it but by god the traffic better not be slowed down because I really wanna get home.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Vegetable posted:

That said I still kinda enjoy it but I’m rather disappointed that this show doesn’t lean enough on the Idris Elba Master Negotiator premise that was promised by the pilot.

I’m sure he’s doing his best. I mean, that he’s not holding back.

🤨

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

I think this whole plot concept would work better as a movie if anything

looks like only 2 episodes left

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Escobarbarian posted:

Ok Afterparty this week was……not good

What did you not like about it? It wasn’t transcendent TV or anything but I thought it was fine.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just didn’t think any of it was funny really, outside of a couple lines

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

It was kinda perfunctory noir but it’s fine, and who can’t laugh at Mr Fedora?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I thought a lot of the genre jokes were good, e.g. his gal friday secretary being played by the role of his pissed off mother, or the absolute nonsense patter Hauser was vomiting out with conviction.

"Boochiephallus"

But yeah, not suuuper funny, but I thought the noir was carried out with a great deal of conviction and attention to detail -- the accents, a lot of the shots. The Chinatown joke was an absolute loving groaner though, my god.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Martman posted:

Luckily season 4 hasn't started, so it's all pretty great!

(Jk, assuming you meant season 3 because yeah it got pretty dumb)

Made it through season 1, it was enjoyable. Starting season 2 whenever I have time.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Latest episode of Swagger was really goddamn good

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

Latest episode of Swagger was really goddamn good

Ayy, someone else is watching.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Oh drat new Hijack dropped. I thought these came out on Thursday?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Hijack is so stupid but I can’t turn it off

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Whoever is writing Hijack should be banned from writing anything ever again.

eravulgaris
Jul 7, 2012

Yeah, this show is incredibly frustrating.

Half the episode was about people getting ready to "shake things up" or whatever.

Ex-convict and Sam start to shake things up and no one's loving helping.

Pilot stares at the cockpit door for half an hour and gets shot before he decides to go because he's a piece of poo poo.

Everyone is stupid in this show. Can't stop watching though.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Always a pleasure to see The Actor Kevin Eldon make an appearance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Vegetable posted:

Hijack is so stupid but I can’t turn it off

I think despite some stupid af plot devices and not amazing dialogue, it's being carried a bit by some good acting. Not world beating TV or anything but I haven't regretted watching it so far.