Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Sheldon stopping mid joke to tell everyone to LISTEN TO THIS CROWD WOOOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think people would be more tolerant of WWE's Fake crowd noise if it all didn't sound like a hair dryer running constantly

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Why are you complaining that this thing sucks? It's basically this other thing that also completely sucks

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Here's the idiot comparing it a film score

https://twitter.com/SteveFall/status/1676068482994040832?s=20

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

"a different experience", I presume, means "the same match, but there's a full-blast box fan running roughly two and a half inches away from each ear as you watch"

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I just hate how uncanny it is. It was bad enough when it was present during Smackdown but now it just further adds to how disgustingly fake the whole thing feels.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

No, that's the level of media comprehension I'd expect from someone making this argument

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I just think it’s funny to watch a wrestling show and be like I enjoy when the crowd sits on their hands.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I think it was SummerSlam or Royal Rumble in 2022 or 2122? Idk I can't remember anyway at one ppv Nikki A.S.H. was making a big entrance and did her big fist to the sky super hero pose at the end of the walkway and there was a THUNDEROUS pop from the crowd, except none of the visible crowd was even looking at her - they were all looking at their phones (not filming), picking their noses, whatever. It was all fake crowd noise and they did not give one poo poo about Nikki A.S.H. (and I kinda felt bad for her).

bartok
May 10, 2006

Maybe there is something to laugh tracks? I've seen enough Big Bang Theory to know it's not funny but it crushed 30 Rock in the ratings back in the day.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

bartok posted:

Maybe there is something to laugh tracks? I've seen enough Big Bang Theory to know it's not funny but it crushed 30 Rock in the ratings back in the day.

I'm pretty sure that's more about BBT being the televisual equivalent of slop for hogs than whether or not it used a laugh track

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I'm pretty sure that's more about BBT being the televisual equivalent of slop for hogs

Ah another comparison with WWE

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I forgot BBT even existed until the slot machine scene in WWDITS

Is that one spinoff still a thing or is that dead too now?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

I forgot BBT even existed until the slot machine scene in WWDITS

Is that one spinoff still a thing or is that dead too now?

Young Sheldon is still a thing, just finished season 6 and season 7 confirmed. Another spinoff also just got announced

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/jkranites/status/1676358611935567874?s=20

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
https://twitter.com/YaBoy669/status/1676054150453264384

https://twitter.com/IAmMrEllis/status/1676125837215821824

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I just hate how uncanny it is. It was bad enough when it was present during Smackdown but now it just further adds to how disgustingly fake the whole thing feels.

It's always interesting to watch somebody go from the E to anywhere else where they're on the mic and saying something that didn't have 'wait for crowd response' baked into the script.

Tangentially related: Watch some of those clips of Big Bang Theory where they mute the laugh track. It's extraordinarily bleak.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/EliteClubSOB/status/1676271939428683782

The fedheads are having a normal one again

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

i stopped watching wrestling outside of the occasional ppv or live show in like 2019 because wwe had just burned me out so bad, but my memories of post-shield dean ambrose were than he was constantly an afterthought that they were sadly doing nothing with. i started watching AEW weekly this year and he's in a cool stable having fun matches and constantly in a pretty prominent spot on the card

hell of a downfall

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I weep for a man getting to do a match he very clearly asked for against a guy he very clearly admires

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I think they even said it in the broadcast; mox doesnt need the money (though I am positive he’s paid handsomely), he’s just doing what he loves. He’s living his best life but I guess because it isnt while in the fed it’s a downfall

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Chris James 2 posted:

Young Sheldon is still a thing, just finished season 6 and season 7 confirmed. Another spinoff also just got announced

Interesting note: Young Sheldon doesn't use a laugh track, so I think they learned something from everyone making fun of BBT's laugh track.

(Young Sheldon is also a way better show in general. It's still not GREAT but I don't hate myself if it's on tv and I catch myself watching it. It's honestly fine.)

Tweak posted:

I think they even said it in the broadcast; mox doesnt need the money (though I am positive he’s paid handsomely), he’s just doing what he loves. He’s living his best life but I guess because it isnt while in the fed it’s a downfall

He said in the Jericho podcast that he doesn't give a poo poo about money, he's doing this for the love of wrestling. As long as he has Renee (and presumably the baby now) and his truck he's happy.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Vandar posted:

Interesting note: Young Sheldon doesn't use a laugh track, so I think they learned something from everyone making fun of BBT's laugh track.

(Young Sheldon is also a way better show in general. It's still not GREAT but I don't hate myself if it's on tv and I catch myself watching it. It's honestly fine.)

Someone, somewhere, said Young Sheldon would be a pretty decent show about a young Christian family growing up in the 90s Texan suburbs if it didn't have the Sheldon part. And it's true.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
If Dean Ambrose had stuck with WWE, imagine the epic team-ups and rivalries he could have had to add to the legacy of his battles with The Miz (112 times), Dolph Ziggler (95 times), AJ Styles (89 times) Randy Orton (73 times), etc.

Instead, Jon Moxley has traveled the wasteland of not-WWE for the past four years traveling the globe and having singles matches with Ishii, Shingo, Naito, Jay White, Goto, Penta, PAC, Darby Allin, Joey Janela, Lance Archer, Sammy Guevara, Suzuki, Chris Jericho, Brodie Lee, Kenny Omega, MJF, Eddie Kingston, KENTA, Kenny Omega, Josh Barnett, Yuji Nagata, Matt Cardona, Satoshi Kojima, Nick Gage, Homicide, Bryan Danielson, Will Ospreay, Wheeler Yuta, Tom Lawlor, Kyle O'Reilly, Speedball Mike Bailey, Dante Martin, Tony Deppen, Daniel Garcia, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Brody King, Takeshita, RUSH, Desperado, Mance Warner, Effy, CM Punk, Nick Gage, Hangman Page, Lee Moriarty, etc.

Pathetically he hasn't wrestled a single one of these people more than a dozen or so times, never mind 100+.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Ambrose should stop doing deathmatch stuff and bring back the ketchup & mustard bottles

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I want Mox to convince Tony to book Kasai for Dynamite/Collision just to see the reaction

Hell Despy/Kasai/Third vs BCC in a death match book it Tony

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I want Mox to convince Tony to book Kasai for Dynamite/Collision just to see the reaction

Hell Despy/Kasai/Third vs BCC in a death match book it Tony

Jimmy Lloyd

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

I've been fantasy booking Jun Kasai as the elite fifth man in blood and guts for weeks. Book it tony!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

https://twitter.com/WrestleFeatures/status/1676242800411639811

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Imagine having an answer to this that isn't "loving yes you moron"

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
As Cody vs. Dustin proves, family members making each other bleed a lot will enhance the drama of an encounter.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

yeah, goddamn that loser Mox who is having kickass deathmatches and is featured as a top guy in New Japan and AEW. He was definitely better off as Dean Ambrose who was booked like a moronic coward

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
The dumbest thing about saying you can't name a "bigger downfall" is that tons of former WWE wrestlers are now broken, addicts, in prison, or dead.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
At least they have the privacy of their coffin. Mox's disgrace is broadcast to the viewing public week after week.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Matches The Miz has won since becoming WWE Champion in February 2021:

1. The Miz cashes in Money in the Bank on Drew McIntyre (Elimination Chamber 2021)
2. The Miz beats Jeff Hardy clean, then gets laid out by Bad Bunny (Raw 3/22/2021)
3. Miz/Morrison beat Damian Priest in a handicap match after Miz gets pantsed (Raw 4/10/2021)
4. The Miz beats Dominik Mysterio using dastardly heel tactics; he is beaten by Dom the following week, then Rey twice more in the build to Wrestlemania (Raw 1/31/2022)
https://twitter.com/wrestleview/status/1488330505456177156
5. Logan Paul and the Miz beat the Mysterios, Miz turns on Paul post-match (Wrestlemania 38)
6. The Miz beats Dominik Mysterio again (Raw 4/4/2022)
7. The Miz and Austin Theory beat Mustafa Ali in a handicap match (Raw 5/2/2022)
8. The Miz and Ciampa beat Mustafa Ali and Cedric Alexander (Raw 8/5/2022)
9. The Miz and Ciampa beat Bobby Lashley and AJ Styles because Dexter Lumis black bag kidnaps Miz mid-match (Raw 8/22/2022)
10. The Miz beats Johnny Gargano after hitting him with a turnbuckle (Raw 11/7/2022)
11. The Miz beats Dexter Lumis in a ladder match because Bronson Reed ran in to do 90% of the work in the finish (Raw 12/19/2022)

He's lost all 13 of his televised matches this calendar year. But at least he hasn't bled!

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Pylons posted:

Imagine having an answer to this that isn't "loving yes you moron"

I think there's an argument that maybe Mox blades too often, but lol at the idea that bleeding wouldn't have helped out any of those examples

Shinji2015 fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jul 5, 2023

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Shinji2015 posted:

I think there's an argument that maybe Mox blades too often, but lol at the idea that bleeding wouldn't have helped out any of those examples

The examples meant in this post are all of the Miz victories. When Miz gigs you know he's winning this week.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Mr. Squishy posted:

The examples meant in this post are all of the Miz victories. When Miz gigs you know he's winning this week.

Whoops, meant to quote the the image complaining about Mox bleeding lol

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I guessed, but it is funny to think of the Miz becoming hardcore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Mr. Squishy posted:

I guessed, but it is funny to think of the Miz becoming hardcore.

You don’t have to imagine it