Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Cockblocktopus posted:

Went to a Costco in Canada during my vacation and now I'm mad that our food courts don't have chicken fingers and fries. I understand not having poutine but being able to shop and eat my tendies at the same time was a real game-changer.

they do at mine :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Pershing posted:

The food court mango smoothie looks and tastes like baby food :barf:

I tried a sample of it and thought it was pretty disgusting. I let my kids try it and they just pulled a really disgusted face and didn't say a single word. Not sure who the target market is for that thing, but it wasn't anyone I could see who tried the sample.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I disagree that the mango smoothie looks and tastes like baby food. I like the taste, it just looks like baby poo poo.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Pershing posted:

The food court mango smoothie looks and tastes like baby food :barf:

I have bad news for you regarding what a smoothie is and what baby food is

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Blue comedy at church:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
No joke I worked with a guy with that name.

He had a choice to go by Michael but would always decline when asked.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I interacted with a guy named Richard Butts once

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Pro twitter follow:

https://twitter.com/ActualNames1/status/1675955949989933060

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

Cockblocktopus posted:

Went to a Costco in Canada during my vacation and now I'm mad that our food courts don't have chicken fingers and fries. I understand not having poutine but being able to shop and eat my tendies at the same time was a real game-changer.

The trade off is that we don't have an onion crank

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I figured out some expert food court tech:

Buy a hotdog and soda (with refill) and the cup of plain vanilla ice cream. Spoon half the ice cream into the empty soda cup then add Pepsi from the fountain. Instant cola float, worked perfectly.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I disagree that the mango smoothie looks and tastes like baby food. I like the taste, it just looks like baby poo poo.

My boyfriend described it correctly: it doesn't taste like mango, it tastes like dried mango. No idea if it as reconstituted from dry or if maybe the freezing process makes it taste that way but that's absolutely the flavor profile.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jul 4, 2023

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

but then where do i put the hotdog

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Costco: but then where do I put the hotdog

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Why do I have 10 identical sweatshirts. I’m going to turn into Mr Rogers

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Mid-Life Crisis posted:

Why do I have 10 identical sweatshirts. I’m going to turn into Mr Rogers

username/post combo??

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

HOMOEROTIC JESUS posted:

username/post combo??

no, armani express is the mid life crisis uniform

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my corner liquor store now has these in the cooler lol

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

The Saucer Hovers posted:

but then where do i put the hotdog

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

will say don't eat the entire wagyu portion that costco sells in one sitting like I did. it was only 1 lb, but was incredibly rich and fattening that I felt like complete poo poo afterwards

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I eat a pound of A5 Wagyu a day it’s good for the humors.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
Guess I’m part of the congregation again.

Have a flat tire but the other three are due to be replaced anyways. A set of Indy 500s from Costco are like $200 cheaper than any other tire dealership around right now at the members only price.

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

Cyks posted:

Guess I’m part of the congregation again.

Have a flat tire but the other three are due to be replaced anyways. A set of Indy 500s from Costco are like $200 cheaper than any other tire dealership around right now at the members only price.

I was so pissed the last time I needed tires. I went to Costco and they said they didn't carry the specific size I needed in any of their brands and that it wasn't even made anymore. I ended up having to have the stupid dealership replace them all and it was like 900 dollars. tucking sucked.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

hark posted:

I was so pissed the last time I needed tires. I went to Costco and they said they didn't carry the specific size I needed in any of their brands and that it wasn't even made anymore. I ended up having to have the stupid dealership replace them all and it was like 900 dollars. tucking sucked.

What do you even drive? Costco let me order tires from their other warehouses to be shipped to the store I needed and even would put on tires shipped to them from something like tiresplus.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

When I tried to get a car battery at Costco they didn't have the kind I needed and were like "sorry, that sucks"

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

schreibs posted:

What do you even drive? Costco let me order tires from their other warehouses to be shipped to the store I needed and even would put on tires shipped to them from something like tiresplus.

a crossover that's pretty common. they said they could replace them with slightly different sizes but that they just didn't make my specific one anymore

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Fitzy Fitz posted:

When I tried to get a car battery at Costco they didn't have the kind I needed and were like "sorry, that sucks"

This I believe, they don't carry a huge selection of battery fitments.

Funny enough, for a long time if I looked my truck up on their site, it would claim they didn't carry the battery, despite literally using a picture of an H8 battery on the front page of their battery finder. But now it does say they do carry the battery I bought there two years ago!

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

halokiller posted:

will say don't eat the entire wagyu portion that costco sells in one sitting like I did. it was only 1 lb, but was incredibly rich and fattening that I felt like complete poo poo afterwards

im a big fat goon

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

halokiller posted:

It's a good meal if you feel a little lovely after eating it.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Walmart is much better for car batteries. They have a private label (EverStart) with 2, 3, 4 year warranties, but they're all built identically so the default 2-year is the best value.

They even have their own site to look up the right size (group): https://www.battfinder.com/

There's also a trick, if you're not returning the old battery for a core charge, you're still allowed to take the receipt straight to customer service and have them refund the core charge.

Renegret posted:

No joke I worked with a guy with that name.

He had a choice to go by Michael but would always decline when asked.

Yeah all our company emails were first initial last name, so when I set up Kathy Hunt I decided to make an exception.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 4, 2023

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

This thread has me seriously contemplating dropping $100 bucks on a Wagyu ribeye.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

You could spend $100 on 1 steak. Or buy a package of steaks with beer and / or whiskey. Choice seems clear.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Or you could spend $100 on 1 steak and $80 on some whiskey and $200 on some lego and $500 on a kayak and $1200 on a gazebo.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

bird with big dick posted:

Or you could spend $100 on 1 steak and $80 on some whiskey and $200 on some lego and $500 on a kayak and $1200 on a gazebo.

It's only $1000 per gazebo if you get the six pack

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep
I gotta say, Kirkland signature brand gazebos taste indistinguishable from the custom made ones.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Since I had my gallbladder removed that wagyu steak would probably kill me.

Still, might.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
How much for the gallbladder

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
You'll want to sear the gallbladder about 30 seconds each side, then finish in the oven at 325° for 20 minutes.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

SirPablo posted:

You'll want to sear the gallbladder about 30 seconds each side, then finish in the oven at 325° for 20 minutes.

You can get your money back if you tell Costco that it smelled bad. You don't need to return the gallbladder to the store

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

bird with big dick posted:

someone who is good at the economy please help, i just want to buy steak

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

do we have any Costco-employed goons ITT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

AlphaKeny1 posted:

someone who is good at the economy please help, i just want to buy steak

I have a lot of credit card debt. does that count?