Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It is concerningly difficult to kill yourself in this game if you can't equip a rocket launcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

MJeff posted:

It is concerningly difficult to kill yourself in this game if you can't equip a rocket launcher.

ricochet rounds are popular in DSC specifically because you can shoot yourself in the face with them

also: grenade launchers

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Mage_Boy posted:

Use Google and search for Bungie's Twitter account until that breaks.

Interestingly, I was doing that but it wasn't giving me the current status, just ones from the last outage.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
cool secret mission that i sucked and feel bad for the other pubbies who also didn't really know what to do. will try again when there's 1 million people who kwtd to carry me.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

MJeff posted:

In a pinch, Nova Bomb + Scatter Grenades.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I keep thinking I have a LFR or LMG equipped when I'm knocking down champs and going for a finisher to provide ammo.

This means I keep forgetting when I have a GL or RL equipped and I look very stupid when I blow myself up in NFs lmao

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

If I shoot enough lightning rounds at Xur will that count for this triumph, it hasn't shown up once yet :argh:

e: Also about when do I want to shoot to do a legend run of Dares of Eternity either 3 or 4 man? I'm 1760 right now, I'm assuming 1800 min

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jul 5, 2023

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Is Symmetry kinda... bad? Or am I missing something. It seems to do very little damage and the alt fire mode is kind of ok but it just feels bad to fire

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
User error.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
For a more real answer look at what it does and then figure out where it would be useful to use.

It's a scout rifle, so it has good range. You need to get a bunch of precision hits to make the alt-fire worth it to use. The alt-fire is homing and boost damage. It can get pretty high but can be underwhelming as well.

Look at stuff like that and see if it makes sense to use in your chosen activities. I use mine in PvP and love it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I didn't use Symmetry for like two years, then a seasonal challenge that had "get 100 scout rifle kills in Gambit" popped up and it became my best friend for an hour.

Nausium
Jun 3, 2004

chirp.
Just finally started playing tonight after years of getting nagged by my friends for years to get into it, I'm having loads of fun so far. I'm coming here from mainlining warframe and I can see why people keep recommending this to me

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

yeah, game is really fun when you have a ton of content to work through. The expansions are on sale and I highly recommend buying them when they are this cheap. I think you can get the entire game for under $100 which is pretty good.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Is Symmetry kinda... bad? Or am I missing something. It seems to do very little damage and the alt fire mode is kind of ok but it just feels bad to fire

fully stacked alt fire (15+ stacks w/ catalyst) whips rear end. great for invading/counter-invading in gambit

but it's a scout, so lol

dunno what you feel is bad to fire about it, but gunfeel is such a huge important part of the game so that's totally valid. like I love the hakke 4-burst pulses, but Revision Zero never felt right, for me.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
New exotic mission is a lot of fun, but boy, I have absolutely no idea what niche the weapon is supposed to occupy in a world where Chill Clip and Ager's are Literally In The Game.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

New exotic mission is a lot of fun, but boy, I have absolutely no idea what niche the weapon is supposed to occupy in a world where Chill Clip and Ager's are Literally In The Game.

Some people like primaries okay! People like me. Dumb people, basically.

For real tho I suspect a) it'll become more relevant on a Stasis refresh and b) when primaries get all the champ mods it's always gonna have some use. I have Chill Clip weapons, they rule, so does Ager's. But also variety is nice you know? I'm not always running Master raids and GMs, and there's definitely worse choices. It'll have niche uses, like Skyburner's Oath, or Salvation's Grip (it's fun as hell now try it out).

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MJeff posted:

The actual problem with exotics in the kinetic/stasis/strand slot is that Wish Ender exists.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

syntaxfunction posted:

and b) when primaries get all the champ mods

Been away from the game a bit, so double-checking: are you saying all primaries are going to get updated to be anti-champ, or it has rainy day value for when scouts have a nice anti-champ season?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Exotic mission would be good except for the time limit. Orbit on wipe also blows

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It is interesting I guess in that if we're in a season with Anti-Barrier Scout, it'll be able to handle all three kinds of Champion at all times with zero influence from other effects or keywords necessary.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I don't mind the timelimit on the deep dive secret but I wish it was quicker to retry.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

haveblue posted:

Exotic mission would be good except for the time limit. Orbit on wipe also blows

It sucked, but finally managed to do it when I landed in a group with a guy who had Div. Me and other guy used Tlord. Dusted off phoenix protocol so I could use Well on each phase (still took us 3 phases, but we hosed up a little on phase one).

But time limits are awful, awful, awful.

Make sure to shoot the darkness nodes in the boss room after you get th gun but before you leave mission.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Oxyclean posted:

I don't mind the timelimit on the deep dive secret but I wish it was quicker to retry.

I would really prefer that the game not say "you figured it out and you'll probably get the boss next phase, but I've decided you don't get to do that, go do another 2/3 of the deep dive before you can try again"

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
The new exotic has infinite freezing, not limited by ability cooldowns, ammo reserves, or the need to get kills, which is unique.

It's also a free stasis shard on kills, so maybe it could be paired with collective action guns?

I think it could have a niche, probably to add a bit of stasis to a build using an energy slot special.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Killing a giant boss in a time limit to get an exotic triggers my Whisper of the Worm memberberries so I'm okay with that, but yeah, having to do two waves of Deep Dive to get there is a little much.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
It could be worth a sensible chuckle paired with Cadmus Ridge Lancecap:

quote:

Diamond Lances create Stasis crystals on impact when thrown, with more crystals created by hitting bosses and vehicles. While using a Stasis subclass and behind your rally barricade, rapid precision hits and combatant final blows with a Stasis weapon creates a Diamond Lance near you.

Besides that…. It’s a primary with Chill Clip, basically.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

poor life choice posted:

Been away from the game a bit, so double-checking: are you saying all primaries are going to get updated to be anti-champ, or it has rainy day value for when scouts have a nice anti-champ season?
More that all but two champ perks this season are primaries, so times when it's mainly primaries that get the anti-champ stuff it's nice to have options. Like yeah, subclasses and stuff, but in content with randos I'm not gonna expect hey have *anything* covered.

ponzicar posted:

The new exotic has infinite freezing, not limited by ability cooldowns, ammo reserves, or the need to get kills, which is unique.

It's also a free stasis shard on kills, so maybe it could be paired with collective action guns?

I think it could have a niche, probably to add a bit of stasis to a build using an energy slot special.
It should have Collective Action from the catalyst tbh. But also infinite ammo chill clip isn't a bad thing.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I am wondering if there are any encounters where you could just completely lock down a miniboss with Wicked Implement (or a fireteam with 3 of them).

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol the anticheat is worse than the last time I tried things out

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

MJeff posted:

watch for artifact perks in the future that play off stasis shards. The exotic is aggressively mediocre right now, but something that pays off it's infinite ammo slow-freeze-shard cycle will be kind of broken i think.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I wish they had never changed stasis shard functionality, that would make things so much better in general and for the exotic.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Stasis is fine but they clearly want it to stay where it is on the totem pole. If Shards were just an inherent part of the subclass (like Tangles are for Strand) it'd be on par with other options, but I think it's right there they want it to be already. Next season it'll get a few artifact perks that make it a little more appealing, but everybody knows why it can't be as strong as Strand any time soon

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Eh, having them baked in instead of having to utilize a slot would help, but it's still gonna need something else to bring it up to par imo. Agreed they won't do poo poo anytime soon though, and even then I'm not expecting changes that will move the dial all that much. It would be nice to have an armor mod cost pass again as well.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think they're just waiting until they know Stasis is gonna be the primary element of the season to give it a glow-up. They kinda laid out the blueprint for it with Arc this season. Ton of exotic buffs, subclass buffs, artifact perks and one teeny little nerf to Jolt so it wouldn't be completely insane.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

weee

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
shadebinder is stronger than broodweaver in high-end content right now though

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

first gild? grats!

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'm interested to see how everything goes next season when they introduce Strand adjustments. Threadlings buff will be neat, but Suspend getting nerfed will be interesting. Strand overall is fantastically fun, but it's biggest strength is how bonkers Suspend gets, with Hunters being able to effectively infinitely suspend.

I'm not sure if they'll simply add champs that aren't meant to be stunned from Suspend to the "can't suspend" list, or if they'll reduce Suspend length based on opponent tier. I don't think suspend will end up bad, but it won't be quite the clutch as it is right now.

Woven mail is definitely in a very nice spot, and unraveling is great with the seasonal perk, but I wonder how it'll go without it.

Stasis and Strand play very differently despite both being ostensibly about crowd control, and I think changes to suspend might shift Strand's focus away from CC compared to Stasis, which will be interesting.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

Man, the exotic mission is kind of brutal. Between the timer forcing you to repeat the deep dive encounters between attempts and this week's modifier where melee hits (including poo poo like taken phalanx boops) slow and eventually freeze you, my group did not have much fun.
We ran a well + all thunderlords, since none of us have divinity. First phase went pretty well (around half his healthbar) but after that we just didn't have the ammo to do anything else. Also tried well + tractor + 2 thunderlords but that felt close enough to not matter. Having a hard time seeing how more casual players are gonna get this gun. We clear dungeons regularly and have even done a few master clears, so it's not like we're total scrubs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
do those knights that you have to kill to make the boss vulnerable count as minibosses? if so, you could bring cenotaph mask on a warlock and aeons on someone else and that should generate enough heavy to fill the fireteam up before every damage phase, right?