Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At least let him beat Hogan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I'm imagining some really dumb scenario in my head where Roman Reigns gets injured or takes a long break away from the WWE and comes back 2, 3 years later with the belts again and WWE act as if he'd never lost them. Just as a means to keep his title reign going in the lowest effort way possible.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
RAW NXT Underground came back
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1676395350851035137?s=20
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1676397176992169986?s=20

Gable finally did something on the show

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1676398411791081473?s=20

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol surely it will succeed this time

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If Roman just blew out his ACL, I definitely think they would have HHH come out and mutter some poo poo about grrrrmrrr Roman Reigns grrr contract grrrr can't strip him burrrmurrr

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Oh my god….

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

these actually rule and ive always loved wwe underground

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Did Brock killing kofi officially bury him? I feel like I haven't heard anything about him in years

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

If you were ever going to do the underground thing, it makes way more sense to do it on NXT than on Raw. I like the microphone that comes down from the ceiling.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I thought that was gonna be a Chad Gable clip but it turned out to be the bad Gable :(

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

MJeff posted:

Even if

1) That is the plan instead of "what if the Rock comes to wrestle for us THIS time?"
2) They don't just change the plan.
3) He doesn't just win the cuck belt instead of Roman's belt.

They would still be missing the peak by an entire year.

I thought Cody or Sami should have won as well but given the business they've done with Roman I guess it wasn't the wrong call financially

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

jackofarcades posted:

I thought Cody or Sami should have won as well but given the business they've done with Roman I guess it wasn't the wrong call financially

I mean, Cody and Sami were popping huge quarters too. They were really, really, really over, and they're actually there every week and do the house shows.

Shard posted:

Did Brock killing kofi officially bury him? I feel like I haven't heard anything about him in years

It didn't so much bury him as instantly return him to his previous position, which was midcard tag guy. He challenged for the title once afterwards, against Lashley, and got squashed. Which I thought was kinda cool and a pretty good use of Kofi, you don't usually see squashes in championship matches that aren't Brock.

They could've left Kofi as like. A low main, high midcard, gatekeeper babyface. He didn't need to win the title again, they could've just had him retain some credibility but they just. Didn't.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

When did Kevin Nash and The Brian Kendrick have a baby?

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

jackofarcades posted:

I think they probably could have done the same or better with Cody holding the belt since they could have done all the exact same feuds and bloodline stuff in the exact same way.

What I think it really comes down to is WWE fans are so eager for the shows to be good again that as long as WWE remains goodish to them they'll keep watching and talking about how great it is. Kind of like how everyone thought The Mandalorian was amazing for a while because the previous movies were horrible in comparison.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

mooseinfants posted:

I think they probably could have done the same or better with Cody holding the belt since they could have done all the exact same feuds and bloodline stuff in the exact same way.

What I think it really comes down to is WWE fans are so eager for the shows to be good again that as long as WWE remains goodish to them they'll keep watching and talking about how great it is. Kind of like how everyone thought The Mandalorian was amazing for a while because the previous movies were horrible in comparison.

Yeah, it's not like the Usos feuding with Roman wouldn't have popped quarters without the belt, because the belt is completely irrelevant to that story. A lot of the stuff that happened since Mania would've made more sense if Roman had lost to Cody.

But also Mandalorian season 1 was amazing and season 2 was, y'know. Y'know. Season 2s are hard.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

where are the dancers ??

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I mean if you wanted to Roman to break the WWE title records you have him defend the Universial title day 1 mania and lose it to Cody and than defend the WWE title day 2 and win. Still have him break records but belts are broken up so you don't need lame consolation belt, Cody gets a title but you still have him chasing the belt he wants

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They saw that idea and immediately gave Reigns a third belt to hold

Heyman walking around holding two belts now while Reigns lifts up the third

I wouldn’t be shocked at a fourth

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

graph posted:

where are the dancers ??

Forget the dancers, where's sweaty Shane McMahon in a wheelchair??

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

They saw that idea and immediately gave Reigns a third belt to hold

Heyman walking around holding two belts now while Reigns lifts up the third

I wouldn’t be shocked at a fourth

They'll give him more belts till he has more than the J Crown

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Hoss Corncave posted:

In fairness to WWE, at the time Benoit was the right choice and it was a pretty great moment.

Indeed. Bret finally getting the belt back at WM10 was good too. What was not good was making Yokozuna wrestle two matches in one night, but whatever, love me some Hitman.

graph posted:

where are the dancers ??

Whoa hold on there graph maybe next week!!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Indeed. Bret finally getting the belt back at WM10 was good too. What was not good was making Yokozuna wrestle two matches in one night, but whatever, love me some Hitman.

Honestly, I'd rather see Yoko go twice in a night than Luger.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Dango Bango posted:

Forget the dancers, where's sweaty Shane McMahon in a wheelchair??

A thousand times this.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Sono posted:

When did Kevin Nash and The Brian Kendrick have a baby?

The year 2000

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

forkboy84 posted:

The year 2000

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lesnar voice: lets get IT?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I personally enjoy WWE more than AEW, I only watch AEW for Danielson, Kenny or the occasional NJPW guy. The lovely loving AEW game might have been the last straw for me giving them money but i’ll keep watching because Tony might realize he needs to let someone else book sometime and I watched WWE when it was even shittier than any of AEW’s lows for years.

Overall great time to be a fan either way.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

the game's really fun actually

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

the game's really fun actually

Poster working hard for that Tony check!

bartok
May 10, 2006

Gable Stevenson raped a woman and got away with it due to a stupid technicality. Isn't WWE the best?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The game is the exact inverse of the 2k titles where the wrestling part is actually fun instead of a tedious slog but you can’t spend 500 hours making custom things with an exhaustive array of sliders and decals so it’s limited in a completely different way.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

1glitch0 posted:

Poster working hard for that Tony check!

Cons: unacceptably limited amount of CAW parts
Pros: hehehe Yuka Sakazaki just beat CM Punk in his Rampage debut and wants to do a landmine death match

I'll take my :10bux: now tony

History Comes Inside! posted:

The game is the exact inverse of the 2k titles where the wrestling part is actually fun instead of a tedious slog but you can’t spend 500 hours making custom things with an exhaustive array of sliders and decals so it’s limited in a completely different way.

Yeah basically this, by playing both I get what I want in either game, depending on if I want to play a fun wrestling game or use a deeply detailed 3D Picrew

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

1glitch0 posted:

Honestly, I'd rather see Yoko go twice in a night than Luger.

That's a good point.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
What Tony Derangement Syndrome does to a MFer 😔

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

I personally enjoy WWE more than AEW, I only watch AEW for Danielson, Kenny or the occasional NJPW guy. The lovely loving AEW game might have been the last straw for me giving them money but i’ll keep watching because Tony might realize he needs to let someone else book sometime and I watched WWE when it was even shittier than any of AEW’s lows for years.

I have very different tastes in wrestling from you but I would like to say I very much enjoy your posts!

Also I generally like Cody as a wrestler. Not everything he has tried has worked but gosh darn it I've had fun watching it (at least in AEW). Though I agree with other posters that it is very easy / fun to make jokes about him.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

It's exactly this, and a perfect distillation of WWE and AEW. If you hate wrestling, get 2K or watch WWE. If you like it, get Fight Forever and watch AEW. Simple as.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

When I would visit my grandpa he would watch wwe because he loves wrestling. Been watching it since the 40s. Every time I watched the wwe shows with him I was so bored. I showed him pandemic era dynamite and he loved it so much he still watches to this day plus rampage and collision

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

uh oh emf's manic episode ended he's back on a downswing

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'd rather the gameplay be enjoyable and they can add the customizable stuff in future releases. Unlike WWE that have been doing it the other way around for decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Dango Bango posted:

where's sweaty Shane McMahon

:someone does a powerslam: "uhh, uh, uh.. that's it, uh that's it!! uh thats it! whos next?"