Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

I still stan his first Halloween, thought it was a great reboot. Then his H2 tripped over every mistake the first one avoided :shrug:

But come on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEBQWhgGM1g

Hah, just noticed he uses the same 'start with the camera on the mirror' trick in both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Takes No Damage posted:

I still stan his first Halloween, thought it was a great reboot. Then his H2 tripped over every mistake the first one avoided :shrug:

But come on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEBQWhgGM1g

Hah, just noticed he uses the same 'start with the camera on the mirror' trick in both.

It was a very different take on it, and admittedly I'm not the biggest Rob Zombie fan. However, it's a serviceable horror movie. That scene is good, too, but I just like the Big Joe Grizzly scene better.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Any recommendations for recent (last 3 months or so) horror movies added to Shudder, Netflix or Paramount+?

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Medullah posted:

Any recommendations for recent (last 3 months or so) horror movies added to Shudder, Netflix or Paramount+?

Shudder has Unwelcome, Brooklyn 45, Huesera: The Bone Woman, all of which I thought were passible to good. Unwelcome especially is cheese good, if you're down for that today.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Medullah posted:

Shudder:
Influencer
Brooklyn 45
Spoonful of Sugar
Unwelcome
Huesera: The Bone Woman

I also liked Re/Member on Netflix. idk about/don't have Paramount+

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
its a mama with a babby!

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Medullah posted:

I haven't got to see it yet, but late in the last thread people were talking up Netflix's Tin & Tina.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I really enjoyed Unwelcome. Like just top to bottom I totally vibed with it .

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Shudder:
Influencer

Yeah I really liked this. There is one plot thing that's real stupid but the rest is very good, pretty looking movie and well done IMO.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Influencer is very good, like an updated-for-the-times Single White Female. Unwelcome is a good movie that becomes great in literally the last 5 minutes where they clearly realized they had some budget left over and had to burn it somehow.

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game
I had a lot of fun with Unwelcome and Influencer but really bounced off of Tin and Tina.

Spoonful of Sugar I also liked, but it's a little weird. You have this movie that has two different antagonists, each of which would be enough for their own movie. However they're both in this movie and trying to do whatever their antagonist thing happens to be. Neither of them know this about the other and they go about their means irrespective of the other party until it ends. Someone else mentioned it a bit back and didn't like it and I wouldn't even blame them.

Crumps Brother fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jul 5, 2023

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

holy poo poo holy poo poo holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/kowasugi_movie/status/1676206654294216709?s=20

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I don't know what any of this is.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Hollismason posted:

It's an ad for the next Senritsu Kaiki File Kowasugi File movie. And you should definitely recognize the location.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Gripweed posted:

It's an ad for the next Senritsu Kaiki File Kowasugi File movie. And you should definitely recognize the location.

Hollismason posted:

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Gripweed posted:

Yeah I have yet to watch the Senritsu etc. series so before the title card came up I definitely thought it was a One Cut of the Dead sequel

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Aw man, I was all excited for Second Cut if the Dead

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
U can still be excited!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

alright I'd like to go ahead and reserve the next seven Movies of the Month so I can get everybody caught up on Senritsu Kaiki File Kowasugi File.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Holy poo poo they're doing another One Cu-- HOLY poo poo IT'S THE NEXT SENRITSU KAIKI

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Can someone explain this to me, a person who adores and treasures One Cut of the Dead and recognized the location immediately but has no idea what the gently caress Senritsu Kaiki is?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Koji Shiraishi is awesome and you need to watch as much of his stuff is possible

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Koji Shiraishi is awesome and you need to watch as much of his stuff is possible

Where can I actually find any of it?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Crescent Wrench posted:

Can someone explain this to me, a person who adores and treasures One Cut of the Dead and recognized the location immediately but has no idea what the gently caress Senritsu Kaiki is?

Its a Koji Shiraishi series, the guy behind Occult and Noroi, of fake documentary horror films that only started to get translated relatively recently but have been going on since 2012. Its great, really flawed in places, but great. Has a lot of "the madman actually did it" energy for all the good and bad. I have a lot of affection for it.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Where can I actually find any of it?
Noroi should be on Shudder, Occult is on YouTube, A Record of a Sweet Murder is on one of those childishly named free things called teevee or freevee

The rest are on like a Google doc whose link I gotta dig back up (maybe someone remembers the community? It was one guy doing translations for em), but those are good starting points with Shiraishi.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I have the google doc link, is it ok to post here? It was PM to me so I always just did the same.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Punkin Spunkin posted:

A Record of a Sweet Murder is on one of those childishly named free things called teevee or freevee
Correction, its on "tubi" and "vudu"

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
Cult is also on youtube

Majkol
Oct 17, 2016

Snooze Cruise posted:

I have the google doc link, is it ok to post here? It was PM to me so I always just did the same.

Can you PM it to me? Ive wanted to watch the series for a while and finally have some spare time.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Snooze Cruise posted:

I'd appreciate a PM of the link.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
I dont want the link but im built different

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The ectoplasmic worms are spreading

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Majkol posted:

Can you PM it to me? Ive wanted to watch the series for a while and finally have some spare time.

here, i can't message you for some reason

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Not so scary any more are you?? :drac:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Dracul in Romanian is Dragon (sometimes translated as Devil). Dracula means “Son of the Dragon.”

My mom’s entire side of the family is Romanian; I learned the language when I was a kid, and currently have relatives in Transylvania, a great deal of whom descended from people who have been there for centuries.

Vlad Tepes III took the sobriquet “Dracula” after he was brought into the Societas Draconistarum, literally "Society of the Dragonists” (or Order of the Dragon), which was a chivalric order for aristocracy and monarchs founded in 1408 by the future Holy Roman Emperor, Sigismund of Luxembourg, fashioned after the Knights Templar and other orders of the Crusades, whose duty was to defend Christianity against the Ottoman Empire.

Contrary to popular belief, Dracula never set foot in Castle Bran, which, for tourism purposes, is adverised as Dracula’s Castle.

But that’s bullshit, because everybody knows that Dracula’s castle is full of huge mechanical gears and can teleport to wherever it wants.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Takes No Damage posted:

Not so scary any more are you?? :drac:

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IEiLl4woP9o

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Hey anyone know where one could buy the t-shirt that Freddy Hanscom wears in Return of the Living Dead?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Holy poo poo they're doing another One Cu-- HOLY poo poo IT'S THE NEXT SENRITSU KAIKI

lol yeah same exact thought process

Also Serial Mom has a good public bathroom scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

Hey anyone know where one could buy the t-shirt that Freddy Hanscom wears in Return of the Living Dead?

This place has it: https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/322205-freddys-return-of-the-living-dead-visage-t-shirt