Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ajax 99
Jul 14, 2006
Kibbles 'n bits? I think not!
Buglord
Here's Quake 2, to whoever wants it.

PH*X*-G4GQ0-T6I2W

I got it from *anatical's website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
From last month's prime gaming, here's a NWN Enhanced edition code for GOG:

*RJ65*F32*3*B08C12

Fantastic number * (Square One kids represent)

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
boy I'm sure glad people are mentioning when they claim a code

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Montague Tigg posted:

I use a simple rule of thumb to tell if a code is taken or not.

Was it posted more than a couple minutes ago? That poo poo is gone.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Zereth posted:

I use a simple rule of thumb to tell if a code is taken or not.

Was it posted more than a couple minutes ago? That poo poo is gone.
Doesn't hurt to try, though.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Commander Keene posted:

Doesn't hurt to try, though.

It hurts when the key doesn't work :smith:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Montague Tigg posted:

Welcome to 2012

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Bottom Liner posted:

Welcome to 2012

I loving hate Roland Emmerich's work.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

I mean i just checked and this entire thread is viewable without an account so, who knows the people taking codes might not even have an account to say thanks

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

there's a giveaway thread in PGS that isn't guest viewable

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3513572

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

GRIME is up on epic

Train Valley 2 next

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

repiv posted:

Train Valley 2 next

Once again, waffling on buying a game for 4 years pays off for the savvy investor.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Once again, waffling on buying a game for 4 years pays off for the savvy investor.

Do not play, do not play.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

:chaostrump:: I'm gonna play

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
making a joke and then following up with an explanation

shameful

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

AARP LARPer posted:

making a joke and then following up with an explanation

shameful

Pls explain

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

VP Harris: Do not come. Do not come.

Trump: I'm gonna come!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The best jokes are the ones you explain

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Thank you, that’s hilarious

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Can you please elaborate?

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Is Beve Stuscemi your real name?

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Can you please elaborate?

He turns himself into a pickle

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Weavered posted:

Is Beve Stuscemi your real name?

Yes

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It’s short for Beaver Oregon Buscemi

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Wasteland 3 is free on Brian Fargo's crypto mining cryptocurrency game store thing. Only problem is that it uses Brain Fargo's crypto mining cryptocurrency game store thing.

https://store.robotcache.com/

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Betrayer has been re-released for free by GOG. No time limit listed on this one, so it's probably free for good.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Rinkles posted:

Wasteland 3 is free on Brian Fargo's crypto mining cryptocurrency game store thing. Only problem is that it uses Brain Fargo's crypto mining cryptocurrency game store thing.

I had never heard of it and registered quickly with a throwaway email just to see what kind of mess it is:

1) it defaulted to a non-native tongue for my country and there's no place to change it, it's hardcoded in the settings, amazing! it also tried to guess my postal code for some reason and failed badly at it
2) the user password is likely not encrypted(!), as it shows in the settings for the exact amount of asterisks I picked; if it was encrypted, they wouldn't know this
3) lots of gamefication bullshit going on in tons of popups about "IRON" which I assume it's the NFT
4) I haven't even found the location to redeem the free game I'm not playing

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

If you are pushing any sort of crypto service in 2023, its safe to assume you're just scamming everyone

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
You can't even offer an up-to-date scamming experience, either. Pretty sure most of the NFT crowd has moved on to peddling dystopian AI bullshit nowadays.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Rinkles posted:

Having to use some cryptocurrency BS thing to redeem a game disqualfies it from being a free game IMO.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Yeah this is pretty shady to put it mildly...

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The Kins posted:

Betrayer has been re-released for free by GOG. No time limit listed on this one, so it's probably free for good.

They offered me half off a walmart+ subscription at checkout so the waltons must be paying for it.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Tunicate posted:

They offered me half off a walmart+ subscription at checkout so the waltons must be paying for it.

I use GOG a lot and have never seen this, including when getting this particular game. Are you sure it was GOG offering it?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Here it is

Only registered members can see post attachments!

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Tunicate posted:

Here it is

Sorry for doubting, how weird. Wonder if this is a sign of revenue problems.

e: I might not see these b/c they're caught by my ad-blocker.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
It could be a thing they just randomly have when checking out, not specifically connected to this game.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Air Skwirl posted:

It could be a thing they just randomly have when checking out, not specifically connected to this game.

Yeah I've seen them with online ordering of pizzas, etc.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

It's one of those ecommerce engagement features meant to "enhance your shopping experience" and "provide additional value", triggering after checkout in the hopes of funneling shoppers toward other stores that pay for ad placement (see here).

From one of Rokt's press releases:

quote:

Rokt enables companies to tap into additional revenues, acquire customers at scale and deepen relationships with their existing ones by using machine learning to present highly relevant offers to each shopper in the final stages of an ecommerce transaction, when they are most likely to convert.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

ErrEff posted:

It's one of those ecommerce engagement features meant to "enhance your shopping experience" and "provide additional value", triggering after checkout in the hopes of funneling shoppers toward other stores that pay for ad placement (see here).

I'll say this about GOG's weirdo core fanbase, they make a lotta angry noises about this kinda thing. Maybe it has an effect, maybe not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

ErrEff posted:

:guillotine: