Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Woke apes. The horror. The horror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
They briefly denied their outright Nazi basis, ergo woke.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

I keep forgetting that the YC stands for Yacht Club.

because these ssj diamond galaxy apecoin traders are just having wild parties in international waters on their mega Yachts.

right

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/as_w/status/1676439674032668672?s=46&t=dQl6Iu6Wmq7antcZ30Prgw

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Boxturret posted:

I think there's bots that will buy up cheaply priced apes the second they get listed, it was how the hacks worked a lot of the time, your account gets compromised, they list all your monkey.jpgs at low prices, and they get scooped up by bots instantly and with no recourse.

In my past dealing with crypto there are absolutely people who not only will snipe an ape when it's listed but snipe all of them. They use a service that apparently falls apart quickly over time, so the latest looks like https://magiceden.io

basically you can say "any ape below x price - autobuy" . That's just retail side, actual crypto people have automated bots to do the same but faster/covering more nft places.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Automated software for mass acquiring bags to hold

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Woke apes. The horror. The horror.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I thought we had a moratorium on ape sniping after Harambe.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I just read how Justine Beiber's NFT lost 94 % of its value. A 1.2-million-dollar loss.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Lammasu posted:

I just read how Justine Beiber's NFT lost 94 % of its value. A 1.2-million-dollar loss.

You can't lose what was purely imaginary in the first place! :eng101:

Fatman6942!
Jul 3, 2023

by vyelkin

PhazonLink posted:

I keep forgetting that the YC stands for Yacht Club.

because these ssj diamond galaxy apecoin traders are just having wild parties in international waters on their mega Yachts.

right

I thought the best analogy for the BAYC was like that supreme brand have real scarcity and like a twitter status symbol

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

ikanreed posted:

Automated software for mass acquiring bags to hold

Automated ape-selling software sells apes to automated ape-buying software. The glorious future of crypto.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

my brain keeps seeing goatse in this dude's pfp

e: especially in the timg, wow

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

more falafel please posted:

my brain keeps seeing goatse in this dude's pfp

e: especially in the timg, wow

that has to be intentional, there's even the ring

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Is that something Al can do? Make technically safe for work images from goatse? If so it may not be completely bad.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
That has to be intentional, it's uncanny.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Boxturret posted:

Is that something Al can do? Make technically safe for work images from goatse? If so it may not be completely bad.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
probably in the same vein as this masterpiece

I think this is ok to not NSFW tag because it's only goatse if you know it is

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Stefan Prodan posted:

I'm definitely ordering some of these if I get proxies printed up. It's so close to a standard Mountain. It even has little goats!

MisterOblivious fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jul 5, 2023

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

Lol, I love how it becomes more and more clear the smaller the thumbnail. The fullsize image it's like "That's goatse"? Then the thumbnail it's clearly a blurry image of goatse, and then with the thumbnail for MisterOblivious' magic card it's kinda getting NSFW-ish.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Viscous Soda posted:

Lol, I love how it becomes more and more clear the smaller the thumbnail. The fullsize image it's like "That's goatse"? Then the thumbnail it's clearly a blurry image of goatse, and then with the thumbnail for MisterOblivious' magic card it's kinda getting NSFW-ish.

yeah kinda odd for a mod to have to come through and be like "either spoiler tag that or make it bigger" but the thumbnail of the magic card version is pretty blatant haha

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Viscous Soda posted:

Yeah that's a something I hadn't thought about. It would obviously look like goatse from across the table. Or maybe it's not a problem.

"Uhhh, is that goatse?"
"What, no, it's a mountain with cute little goats on it. See?"

Alternatively

"Hey these aren't legal to play but do you mind?"
Hand them the card
"Take a look, you can't really tell they're fake"
Drop down that turn 1 goatse on the table. Rift Bolt. Pass turn.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I mean I think it would be very funny to hang it in your house and just act really confused when someone asks you about it

I just thought it looked cool, what do you mean? It looks like what? Never heard of that, what is it?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Tap 3X/Day

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Oh it absolutely can

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

no ring
FAKE

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

notwithoutmyanus posted:

In my past dealing with crypto there are absolutely people who not only will snipe an ape when it's listed but snipe all of them. They use a service that apparently falls apart quickly over time, so the latest looks like https://magiceden.io

basically you can say "any ape below x price - autobuy" . That's just retail side, actual crypto people have automated bots to do the same but faster/covering more nft places.

Wasn't there a whole scam where someone was listing fake apes that tricked these bots into buying them thinking they were real apes? I remember some headline or article where someone autobought an ape for like $1 million and was disappointed to learn it was a fake ape, and the takeaway from the article at the time was that absolutely nothing could be done to prevent it and NFT-holders should expect to lose at least part of their portfolio to scams.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

deep dish peat moss posted:

Wasn't there a whole scam where someone was listing fake apes that tricked these bots into buying them thinking they were real apes? I remember some headline or article where someone autobought an ape for like $1 million and was disappointed to learn it was a fake ape, and the takeaway from the article at the time was that absolutely nothing could be done to prevent it and NFT-holders should expect to lose at least part of their portfolio to scams.

I'd be more surprised if it didn't periodically work but it's not going to catch most: they probably have a safe list of NFTs to use.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Viscous Soda posted:

yeah its great it also passes the "take of your eyeglasses or blur you vision" test.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Holy crap, those thumbnails just blew my mind completely wide open

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Can AI slurp my apes

Wait do I want to know the answer to that

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

RocketMermaid posted:

You can't lose what was purely imaginary in the first place! :eng101:

Bingo.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Came for the poo poo talking about apes, stayed for the blurry goat man

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Lammasu posted:

After he sold it, right? If so, good for him.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Look, you don't "sell" nfts, you're just a custodian for them until a more worthy person takes them off your hands.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

From what I can tell nope. It's just lost that much in value.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I realize the subject we're talking about here, but how exactly do you calculate the value of a unique item that no one has ever bought? Are there standing offers that the owner never accepts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

I realize the subject we're talking about here, but how exactly do you calculate the value of a unique item that no one has ever bought? Are there standing offers that the owner never accepts?

The unique item is part of a collection, and there's always some items from the collection listed for sale. The way that people cite the price of the lowest listing as the floor price to buy into the collection indicates that the unique items are actually to a large degree fungible.