Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

:patriot:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

all those gauges start at the bottom and turning it up to the max just bans you from multiplayer

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

naughty dog really are pioneers in gaming accessibility

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
n-word dog

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

the n-word: love it or leave it (it being the lobby)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
first thing I always do in games is turn motion blur off, mouse sensitivity down, and n-word slider to max

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Xaris posted:

first thing I always do in games is turn motion blur off, mouse sensitivity down, and n-word slider to max

Didn't know you played video games grandpa.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lmaoooo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

how do they determine how much racism and xenophobia is some vs most. id like to imagine they have a slur tier list

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Bah. On the superior PC platform, we can go into the config files and really tune things to how we want. I assume they'll have the Gamer-Words dictionary in a plain-text XML file so we can really curate, and add to, what verbiage is included.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Bah. On the superior PC platform, we can go into the config files and really tune things to how we want. I assume they'll have the Gamer-Words dictionary in a plain-text XML file so we can really curate, and add to, what verbiage is included.
slur filter that "decensors" a long list of words to their "non-woke" counterparts

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the Persona games make me have a lot of granular questions about Japan. like the high school shoe lockers: do students wear loaner shoes? are they in socks all day at school? are they barefoot? based on how often we'd knock the textbooks out of peoples' hands at my high school the boys would always have bruised feet

also how come the boys are always so excited to see the girls wear yukata, is there some cultural thing I'm not familiar with? they just look like fancy, well-fitted bathrobes. the girl characters wear much more flattering outfits all the time

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

indigi posted:

the Persona games make me have a lot of granular questions about Japan. like the high school shoe lockers: do students wear loaner shoes? are they in socks all day at school? are they barefoot? based on how often we'd knock the textbooks out of peoples' hands at my high school the boys would always have bruised feet

also how come the boys are always so excited to see the girls wear yukata, is there some cultural thing I'm not familiar with? they just look like fancy, well-fitted bathrobes. the girl characters wear much more flattering outfits all the time

They have indoor and outdoor shoes which is what the shoe lockers are for. They aren't loaners they gotta buy that poo poo along with the uniform AFAIK. I think the yukata thing is just the very funny cultural nationalism that shows up in Japanese media like how every foreigner that eats Japanese food always acts like they've had a life changing experience

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

im pro choice

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Buck Wildman posted:

Mass Gamings - Editor's Note: The Sound of Children Slurring Has Been Removed

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

indigi posted:

you take off outdoor shoes and put on a uniform "slipper" that's basically a slip-on tennis shoe. (public sanitation came late to japan, and urban streets were kind of the medieval poo poo-gutter stereotype into the 20th century, so the clonky wooden platform sandals to keep it off your feet were de rigeur well into modern schooling and those tear up floors fast.)

the second one, it's kind of the cultural counterpart of the prom dress, the summer event young ladies really traditionally went hard on dressing up for. persona being persona, of course the cast is stylish all the time, but in a more grounded school life, and especially in the more grounded school life remembered by people old enough to be in senior roles on a mid-00s game, it's kind of the one time you probably see your classmates in anything other but sweats or a hand-me-down department store suit.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
The Psycho Mantis fight is so loving cool

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i really dont know how theyre gonna figure out psycho mantis on pcs. they should make you uninstall and reinstall your device during the fight

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Al! posted:

i really dont know how theyre gonna figure out psycho mantis on pcs. they should make you uninstall and reinstall your device during the fight

I CAN READ YOU LIKE AN OPEN B- wow that's uh, that's a lot of hentai on your steam account jesus snake

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Hell, even on modern consoles what do they make you do? Disconnect your controller and sign in on a second account?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

owners of sex with hitler 2 get a special disappointed message from kojima himself

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

You like %AppData%/steam/common/Castlevania Anniversary Collection, don't you?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Hatebag posted:

Hell, even on modern consoles what do they make you do? Disconnect your controller and sign in on a second account?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTWHX2Px3hI

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i see you own.... woah konami still publishes games????? i thought they were a pachinko company

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
"I see you've enjoyed playing PLASE SEND HELP, NATOO MBYENJYO, GHANA, DAILY BEATINGS FOR INSIPID WRITINGS

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Al! posted:

make you use the keyboard for the fight

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Defeated by the mere existence of the ps3. Pathetic

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I actually would lol if you have to beat mantis using only the numpad on your keyboard or something

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 66 days!

Al! posted:

i beat him in integral but damned if i can remember any gimmick or trick i had to do. anyway thats my helpful input

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

reading i guess if you die enough times the colonel shows up in a codec and tells you to destroy the statues, which suddenly become destructible. this has been the case since the game came out. kojima's a gd genius

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Al! posted:

reading i guess if you die enough times the colonel shows up in a codec and tells you to destroy the statues, which suddenly become destructible. this has been the case since the game came out. kojima's a gd genius

I'm blown away by how modern so many aspects of this blocky rear end PS1 game feel. Especially after last month's game was Banjo-Kazooie lmao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

iwell; not be playing bad games like mgs

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

crepeface posted:

is Forbidden West worth playing?

No. It's a huge mess and not fun like the first one.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Koishi Komeiji posted:

No. It's a huge mess and not fun like the first one.

It's exactly the opposite, they made a bunch of qol changes in forbidden west but if you didn't like the gameplay loop of the first game you won't enjoy the second.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I got my wife to get Dave the Diver cause it sounded like something she'd like and she got to the first diving segment and it was taking several minutes to load so we forced it closed to try again and when we launched the game again it's still taking absolutely forever to load the first diving thing, her computer is fine and running off a SSD and all, is it normal to take so long?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

its probably hanging up while compiling its shaders imo. some games do this all upfront but my guess would be it starts compiling the shaders for the diving segment and running into a problem. id make sure her drivers are up to date.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

The Psycho Mantis fight is so loving cool

HIDEO

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

using the naughty language filter from dark souls 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Al! posted:

its probably hanging up while compiling its shaders imo. some games do this all upfront but my guess would be it starts compiling the shaders for the diving segment and running into a problem. id make sure her drivers are up to date.

She says she just updated her drivers like two days ago and I never update them so maybe something broke in her drivers with the new ones? Idk, I loaded the game on mine just now to check and it loaded in like 3 seconds