Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

and despite two people not having guns, Peter identifies BJ as the weakest and most appropriate person to nose honk before storming out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I hope this season features Baby Billy and Hologram Aimee-Leigh doing a big song and dance routine together.

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie

wizardofloneliness posted:

I hope this season features Baby Billy and Hologram Aimee-Leigh doing a big song and dance routine together.

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
I'm so stoked; I managed to get my best friend into the show, so we've been working our way through season 1. I forgot how fuckin solid the entire season is.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

wizardofloneliness posted:

She's gonna end up as the photogenic scoreboard girl in Baby Billy's Bible Bonkers

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

My nosy rear end is still curious if there was some sort of falling out between this creative team and Steve Little, given how he went from second billing to very minor character to not showing up at all in Gemstones. Different shows, different tones, but given the troupe nature of all three it does make ya wonder.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

CatstropheWaitress posted:

My nosy rear end is still curious if there was some sort of falling out between this creative team and Steve Little, given how he went from second billing to very minor character to not showing up at all in Gemstones. Different shows, different tones, but given the troupe nature of all three it does make ya wonder.

Sometimes it's just a case of timing. He only shows up during the very end of VICE PRINCIPALS right? I don't think it's a Ben Best situation.

MACAW.AVI
Dec 1, 2013
Hell yeah, Gemstonedammerung :getin:

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
I think Steve Little served a very specific function in Eastbound and Down, and that type of character hasn't been needed in his subsequent shows. His appearance in Vice Principals just felt like a fun "hey there he is!" cameo and not like a shoving the guy off.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
He's also a Voice Actor and like many VA's, once you start getting those gigs regularly, that quickly becomes your whole thing.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Clouseau posted:

I think Steve Little served a very specific function in Eastbound and Down, and that type of character hasn't been needed in his subsequent shows. His appearance in Vice Principals just felt like a fun "hey there he is!" cameo and not like a shoving the guy off.

Steve Little can be absolutely hilarious. That said, his voice is too nasally/whiny for how often he's present in EB&D - at least when he's doing the sniveling voice he does often. That's not a dig really, I think I've posted about it in this thread before, he's just a little overused on that show. Still one of my favorite of the McBrideiverse, though I think Gemstones has edged it out in part because it's closer to home for me and in part because I just love anything with John Goodman in it.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Steve Little should only be in RG if he plays a Peppermint Butler type character. An upstanding and organized agent of evil chaos.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

He would have been great for Jesse’s inner circle of church thugs

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
drat the costume department is on point for this show. Everyone is perfect, especially the Cape and Pistol scenes.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I was saying to my wife that they should 100% get an Emmy for the costuming

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
My partner absolutely loses it every time we see BJ's wineglass of milk. :allears:

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I was saying to my wife that they should 100% get an Emmy for the costuming

Has anyone pointed out Kelvin's sneaker-sandal things? I wonder if those were an off-the-shelf product.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Lord Wexia posted:

Has anyone pointed out Kelvin's sneaker-sandal things? I wonder if those were an off-the-shelf product.

What watch does kelvin wear?Looks like it’s 5-6 figures.

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
BJ's pickleball outfit is an all timer for sure.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I want Amy Leigh's watermelon-collared suit. :allears:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I'm re-watching Eastbound and Stevie's wigs in s3 are one of the funniest things they did.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Tristesse posted:

BJ's pickleball outfit is an all timer for sure.

BJ's whole style, especially this season, really stands out more than it ever has. Also love his bejeweled BJ necklace he wears with his suits.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Doronin posted:

BJ's whole style, especially this season, really stands out more than it ever has. Also love his bejeweled BJ necklace he wears with his suits.

He's finally in the family so he gets to spend family money on it. It's fuckin wonderful.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

The show could’ve gone two ways after BJ’s pink romper with a cummerbund — let that remain his most ridiculous outfit ever … or have it be just the beginning.

I am very glad they chose the latter.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
keefe is the setting appropriate stevie analog

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
The problem is Steve Little steals every scene he's in so he's never going to work for an ensemble show.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

PantsBandit posted:

The problem is Steve Little steals every scene he's in so he's never going to work for an ensemble show.

I’m not as high on Stevie as this but do think he’d be distracting in anything other than a cameo or minor role since he was such a major part of eastbound and down but a) that’s not really relevant except for us sickos of this creative team and b) I’m totally cool with Goggins playing a more prominent role here despite vice principals; I guess my thesis is goggins good

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Let's compromise: Jesse says feeeeeexins one time in an episode this season and it never comes up again.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

ChesterJT posted:

Let's compromise: Jesse says feeeeeexins one time in an episode this season and it never comes up again.

This would be a good callback they could work in organically. I approve.

Watched the most recent episode tonight with my good friend who I introduced it to, with her wife whom she introduced it to, and we were all dying at the costuming, so these recent conversations have resonated. Good show

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I could see Steve Little playing a reverend Lovejoy type of character, or maybe some sort of counsellor to one of the characters.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
https://twitter.com/tallboythinlegs/status/1676961674392387591?t=mWi_nIUeKj4flygK2a5XuA&s=19

Brolin is all in.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Isn't that ear candle poo poo a bunch of made up bullshit, and dangerous.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, it doesn't do poo poo. The only thing that has ever been great was this Elephant bottle thing they have at the doctors and you can buy it for home if you trust your spouse.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Cojawfee posted:

Isn't that ear candle poo poo a bunch of made up bullshit, and dangerous.

This is my first of hearing (heh) of it but ya that sets off every pseudoscience alarm in my body

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I concur that the elephant bottle will blast all the ear poo poo out in one second and is absolutely worth it

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
I just go to a minor medical place and have a nurse blast saline solution in my ear.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I don't know what you guys are talking about, he's clearly smoking a joint through his ear.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Vintersorg posted:

Yeah, it doesn't do poo poo. The only thing that has ever been great was this Elephant bottle thing they have at the doctors and you can buy it for home if you trust your spouse.

I’ve never seen this labeling before but yeah these things rule for unplugging ears they have them on Amazon

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I also have the elephant ear washing thing and it's great.

But also, when I was around 15 or 16, my mom and I went to a 'healer' and had ear candles done.

Even my rudimentary understanding of science had me thinking it was bullshit, and as the years went on, it was proven even more so. I was polite at the time, but afterwards, I told my mom that I think that was bullshit.

For anyone who doesn't know, the idea behind the ear candle is you have a tube made out of a bunch of (non ear) wax. You stick one end in your ear, and the charlatan lights the other end, and because fire needs oxygen, it'll create a vacuum in the tube which will pull out the earwax.

There are 2 problems with that. A) there's no way that a little flame at the end of some wax tube is creating a strong enough vacuum to do anything, but 2) if it DID, that would destroy the timpanic membrane (basically your eardrum), which I don't think I need to tell you how painful that would be. Don't put any sort of vacuum on your ear, kids!

Christ I hate pseudoscience. But I love Uncle Baby Billy (and Goggins, in general). I am conflicted.

Anyway, humble apologies for the dee-rail, now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Anyone who likes Walton Goggins and Jesus, you should check out The Apostle. Robert Duvall plays a scummy-yet-sincere preacher who sets up a racially integrated church while on the run from the law, and Walton Goggins plays the preacher's #1 disciple.

Goggin's character is the total opposite of the shallow-yet-trashy manipulator he plays on Justified/Vice Principals/Righteous Gemstones.