Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

The question is, would Phil play a catgirl? As a catgirl player myself, I say yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

anyway i can get why people enjoy ff14 i will simply always have a vendetta against the multiple people who told me that it wasn't an MMO and played exactly like a single player RPG which is not even close to true

I love XIV alot and i hate poo poo like this. People desperately trying to trick people into playing it.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Endorph posted:

this is what hsi bedroom looks like

this man makes 2 million a year

It's like Jerma, but if Jerma never properly domesticated after being taken away from the pack of wolves that raised him until he was 12.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i played the free trial of f14 and every quest is walking up to a npc who tells you to talk to another npc you watch a cutscene, and then the npcs tell you to go to talk to another npc where you watch another cutscene sometimes a dungeon is involved i didnt enjoy even though im a big final fantasy fan
i like ff14 a lot but you have to be up for 'yeah its just a string of cutscenes with some walking around and a dungeon every few hours'

i think the writings good and i like a lot of the side content and i enjoy MMO Dungeons/Boss Fights but if you arent into that kind of thing its def. not gonna do it for you

especially since the early going is pretty dull

for some reason this forum is filled with guys who both think FF14 is the greatest story ever told and also think it having bad guys get redeemed is literal nazi apologism. they have these opinions simultaneously somehow

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol that was a fun stream guys takes for the support and income *logs off ff14 then logs into wow puts maga cap on* wokeness is a disease vote trump

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
what if Vladimir Putin played Higurashi when they cry

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Nuns with Guns posted:

It's like Jerma, but if Jerma never properly domesticated after being taken away from the pack of wolves that raised him until he was 12.

It's Jerma if all the jokes his fans made about him were true

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Marcade posted:

The question is, would Phil play a catgirl? As a catgirl player myself, I say yes.

phil would accidentally play a catgirl after trying to pick a normal human and the game dropping his inputs on the character creation screen

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I enjoyed my time with it but stopped after Shadowbringers. idk how the expansion after was.

Machinist was enjoyable

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Dandywalken posted:

I enjoyed my time with it but stopped after Shadowbringers. idk how the expansion after was.

Machinist was enjoyable

Endwalker was insanely good...I recommend dropping back in sometime for it.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
logging onto a roleplay server and roleplaying as phil confusing and infuriating the sex roleplayers

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

anyways xiv ftw but people browbeating others into playing it loving suck and it makes me not want to associate with people who like it cuz they're so goddamn insufferable about it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

phil would accidentally play a catgirl after trying to pick a normal human and the game dropping his inputs on the character creation screen
screaming WHAT THE HELL as the breast size slider goes up to 100

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Dandywalken posted:

Machinist was enjoyable

you played the best one

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Endorph posted:

screaming WHAT THE HELL as the breast size slider goes up to 100

lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the weirdest "chud fanbase" argument I've heard here was that all top Yu-Gi-Oh! players were criminals because tournaments don't give out cash prizes.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the weirdest "chud fanbase" argument I've heard here was that all top Yu-Gi-Oh! players were criminals because tournaments don't give out cash prizes.

they're right

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i can't disprove this

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Feels Villeneuve posted:

geez louise it's called volunteering!

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I know card games don't count as Esports but this feels like the gentrification of competitive video games

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

aw frig aw dang it posted:

he was literally raised by world of warcraft and that turned out how you'd expect

this is AFTER cleaning up btw

Craig K fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jul 5, 2023

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Endorph posted:

this is what hsi bedroom looks like

this man makes 2 million a year

lol every time at this image i always find something new to laugh at. the only decoration on the wall being a sign about himself. the target dorm room lamp that costs 20 dollars. the salt shaker on the far left

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I love XIV alot and i hate poo poo like this. People desperately trying to trick people into playing it.
i think a lot of people out there are basing their impressions of mmos on like, vanilla wow, 'you can do a lot content pretty casually and there's an actual main story' is a pretty good thing to mention when talking about 14, but somehow that morphed into 'actually it is literally like any other ff game gameplay wise'

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Craig K posted:

[tmg]https://i.imgur.com/3F6yEB3.png[/timg]

Game Fuel minifridge is respectable

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

mycot posted:

I know card games don't count as Esports but this feels like the gentrification of competitive video games

the argument was that since they dont give out cash prizes, you couldn't make a living off exclusively playing the game and had to have an actual income source. somehow the conclusion was that top players were criminals, and not like, people with day jobs. it had to be crime

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Is there anything that can't be done solo now except for 8 man trials? I know they've been steadily adding npc parties to old dungeons.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Marcade posted:

Is there anything that can't be done solo now except for 8 man trials? I know they've been steadily adding npc parties to old dungeons.

even if this is true like, its an mmo. it looks and plays like an mmo

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Craig K posted:

[tmg]https://i.imgur.com/3F6yEB3.png[/timg]

The pile of headphones on the armchair, the empty box of Cosmic Brownies on the ground, what I'm pretty sure is a replica of Narsil (Aragorn's sword) beneath a pile of laundry, this guy rules

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

aw frig aw dang it posted:

Game Fuel minifridge is respectable

yeah hell no complaints there considering he probably got it for free

calling THAT "clean" on the other hand

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

True, I suppose. I was thinking more of an mmo in the sense that you "have" to play with other people, not necessarily in story/quest/etc design. It's me, I'm the one who plays MMOs solo.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Endorph posted:

i think a lot of people out there are basing their impressions of mmos on like, vanilla wow, 'you can do a lot content pretty casually and there's an actual main story' is a pretty good thing to mention when talking about 14, but somehow that morphed into 'actually it is literally like any other ff game gameplay wise'

I've read that the original FFXI basically all content needed a party and there was no duty finder so people would literally beg in the cities for someone to hire their services which is funny but way less accessible than something like 14.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

being able to do the main story solo is Fine but there's a lot of side stuff that still requires other players. going by the 'its just like a single player ff game!!' argument itd be weird if doing sidequests required online co-op in ff16

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

mycot posted:

I've read that the original FFXI basically all content needed a party and there was no duty finder so people would literally beg in the cities for someone to hire their services which is funny but way less accessible than something like 14.

Yeah if you didn't play jobs that were in demand you could spend an entire playsession just desperately begging for groups to take you along lol.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Marcade posted:

they're still missing the Stormblood patch dungeons but aside from that just the trials & raids yeah. And a bunch of optional dungeons but I dont' think they'll bother w/ NPCs for those

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

the asmongold rat clock story is so disgusting that i immediately believed it the second i heard it because you cant make that up

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I could easily make that up.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Yeah if you didn't play jobs that were in demand you could spend an entire playsession just desperately begging for groups to take you along lol.

see also, playing a druid in Everquest. Or anything that wasn't tank/cleric/pure dps.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

pog boyfriend posted:

the asmongold rat clock story is so disgusting that i immediately believed it the second i heard it because you cant make that up

the what

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

They've been making a lot of strides towards letting you play FF14 entirely solo, but the end result is that one of the first mandatory multiplayer segments is the set of three 24-player raids that have fussy group mechanics and are always full of bored angry people sent there by the duty roulette, so you can go straight from "this is a single-player game if you squint" to Peak MMO, which is extremely funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Haunted Pug
Aug 10, 2007

i know this is a couple of pages back... wasn't there a few goons posting about actually getting the book, but also getting a ton of ants with it? something about the ink or whatever