Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

because faruzan is good and mika is bad

Shes also pretty funny and eventually got some good event and hangout integration....eventually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm at 77 main-banner pulls since my last 5*, which was a featured banner hit for Yae Miko. I own a Klee that rides the bench and am not all that excited for Eula.

Generally speaking, I am not a save-for-specific units kind of guy; I'm accustomed to gachas being fickle mistresses that will give you what they feel like giving you. I'm F2P and out of gems. I am tempted to wait and take my 50/50 shot on Kokomi's banner instead of Eula's, as my only Hydro characters are Xingqiu and Barbara.

Pull on Eula and hope to fail the 50/50 and get a character I don't have, pull on standard banner for now and hope to get a character I don't have (of which there are many; that pity's at 37 thanks to a Tighnari pull last month), or pretend that I don't have the impulse control of a hungry toddler in a dessert shop and sit on my gems for a while?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
don't spend your gems on the standard banner. other than that, if you like kokomi's aesthetic and kit, pull for her; if not, consider that we're probably gonna get a bunch of new hydro characters with fontaine, including the archon.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I cant believe klee has been out for so long, has been repeated in banners constantly, gets a new outfit, and still has a standard banner weapon as her signature

Specially when it looks like they are going to make mono pyro a thing going forward.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Klee continues to be the coolest character in the game

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'd like Kokomi but she's in a terrible loving position yo

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I cant believe klee has been out for so long, has been repeated in banners constantly, gets a new outfit, and still has a standard banner weapon as her signature

Specially when it looks like they are going to make mono pyro a thing going forward.
I just pretend Dodoco Tales is her signature weapon even though it's a 4* event weapon and not even her best 4* option.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm debating on trying to get Kokomi or not. I've gotta wait till the tail end of this patch to see who's gonna be first in 4.0 and also how they play to decide because I had an insane 2 years of luck on the character banners and I'm only missing Kokomi, Baizhu, Tartaglia and like 5 of the Sumeru 5* characters now.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Kokomi is absolutely worth it, I find myself usually having a team with either her or Zhongli present. (Though Baizhu can fill either's duties on dendro teams)

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Klee rules. Sure she's clunky to use but she gets the job done and she loves blowing poo poo up. Somehow I have her C1 and I don't regret it one bit.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Kale posted:

I did get a Rosaria constellation and a Beidou as part of my standard pull-a-thon last night to make sure that if I dont end up pulling on any of the event banners at least I get my BP bonus still. Luck of the draw obviously. Amos Bow is good with Ganyu btw right? I'm really trying to make her useful as a ranged DPS but she still seems brutally underpowered to how people describe her even after recommiting to freeze DPS and focusing on crit damage. Thats my last sort of hope that maybe it was a weapon issue.

amos bow isn't her bis anymore - i think that's tighnari's bow now - but it's still an excellent choice if you actually use her charged shots. the frostflake arrow portion gets the full benefit of its passive.

if you want big numbers out of ganyu you can try making a melt team. her charged shots have no ICD on their damage so both hits can melt. hope you like bennett though because every guide i've looked at for melt genyu insists he is mandatory. i dunno if that's actually true or if it's a case of Every Team Must Have Bennett Or Xingqiu Without Exception.

if you're comparing her damage to that of dendro teams you're going to be disappointed but that's true of almost any other pre-dendro superstar.

i've been maining her since her introduction for virtually all content that isn't cryo immune or resistant and she's been great. totally braindead to use and kills stuff good. I don't think her 2pc blizzard/2pc gladiator set has changed in over a year either. but i've used her a long time so i'm biased as hell.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Amos works perfectly fine on a melt Ganyu and wipes out any content there is in the game. Tighnari really likes Yelan's bow above almost everything else aside from his own.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
New code: NS92PG6DB52M

Anyway, Klee not only doesn't get her own signature weapon, she also doesn't have an artifact set to use. Meanwhile childe, who released immediately after her, gets both a custom sig and 2(!) different artifact sets, despite the fact that since 1.6 they've been using the exact same team. Except childe's is a famous evergreen staple team and Klee's is just something you can do if you want I guess. Where's the justice?

the_seventh_cohort
May 4, 2013
Does Mona work well with Yoimiya? I've been running a team with Yoimiya, Yun Jin/dendro mc, Yae Miko, and Barbs, but I find myself frustrated with the Overload knock back and Barbs doing 0 damage. Other healers I can replace Barbara with are the yaoyoa, sayu, and Kuki, but none of them are leveled.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Klee would probably be one of my favorite characters if she didn't have a ton of rng built into her kit

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

MoonCrab posted:

New code: NS92PG6DB52M

Anyway, Klee not only doesn't get her own signature weapon, she also doesn't have an artifact set to use. Meanwhile childe, who released immediately after her, gets both a custom sig and 2(!) different artifact sets, despite the fact that since 1.6 they've been using the exact same team. Except childe's is a famous evergreen staple team and Klee's is just something you can do if you want I guess. Where's the justice?

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=NS92PG6DB52M

And here it is in link form for the lazy

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

When I was doing the tower defense event a few weeks ago where you could pick any character, one I'd used was a female ice character I think who turned into energy while sprinting. Who was that? I'd thought it was Eula but her sprint is normal.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

bagrada posted:

When I was doing the tower defense event a few weeks ago where you could pick any character, one I'd used was a female ice character I think who turned into energy while sprinting. Who was that? I'd thought it was Eula but her sprint is normal.

Ayaka.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
what is signature weapon supposed to mean? dodoco tales is klee's signature weapon because it's tales of dodoco.

like kazuha and the evil katana or whatever

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Lazy_Liberal posted:

what is signature weapon supposed to mean? dodoco tales is klee's signature weapon because it's tales of dodoco.

like kazuha and the evil katana or whatever

I think it’s generally the five star weapon on the weapon banner that runs concurrently with the character banner - Thundering Pulse always runs with Yoimiya for instance (though rust fits better aesthetically), Hu Tao and Homa, Nahida and Thousand Floating Dreams. It’s generally a five star weapon specifically tailored to be great for the matching character and good but not great for other characters.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
are the standard banner 5-star characters' signature weapons also on the standard banner or is e.g. tighnari's bow just permanently gone if you missed it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

are the standard banner 5-star characters' signature weapons also on the standard banner or is e.g. tighnari's bow just permanently gone if you missed it
dehya and tighnari's arent on the standard banner

a lot of the launch/early game characters like venti, klee, and diluc have signature weapons that are part of the standard pool

some of the launch 5*s also dont have signature weapons, like keqing and mona

childe's signature weapon was added in a rerun, so its possible that other characters who dont have one or only have a standard pool weapon will get a more specialized option

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I would say Venti's signature is Elegy which basically falls under the trend of them releasing signature weapons after the character like with Childe.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Anyone have a count on how many Joyeux Vouchers are out there on day 1? I'm at 69 and counting.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I was at about 121 when I quit today. There's probably more I'm too lazy to look for.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i gave klee's signature weapon to yanfei who owns and is better, law says burn in hell nerd

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I know there's enough day 1 to get Kaeya's outfit and that's all I care about, lol

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
okay whose idea was it to introduce another pointless one-off gear item whose sole purpose is to solve overdesigned puzzles in the new area, and make you wait for a loading screen every time you deactivate it

i just wanna talk

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jul 6, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

UHD posted:

i gave klee's signature weapon to yanfei who owns and is better, law says burn in hell nerd

Yanfei has scales she's weird

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Meowywitch posted:

Yanfei has scales she's weird

I love my sleepy lawyer and I hate that due to the msq structure she won't be showing up in Fontaine to help us out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoAqIE-vxUQ

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Tree Reformat posted:

I was at about 121 when I quit today. There's probably more I'm too lazy to look for.

Fair enough. I found a whole other area that I thought wasn't accessible (the mural cave) and that and a little more hunting got me to 90, at least. That'll help me find the rest.

Its gems also gave me one more pull, which got me Eula. Never have I wanted more to fail a 50/50. Oh, well -- I'll find uses for her, and at least Snow-Tombed Starsilver looks perfectly thematic on her.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Eimi posted:

I love my sleepy lawyer and I hate that due to the msq structure she won't be showing up in Fontaine to help us out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoAqIE-vxUQ

i'm still using the english dub but i won't fib yanfei's jp va is top tier for her

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Okay, got Kaeya's outfit and I estimate there's another 3-4 vouchers I missed (more if I somehow missed a voucher ball but I don't think I did).

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Good to know Kaeya's outfit is easy to grab. I won't have time to play the event until much later

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

When you go back to the event area today theres an announcement about something opening to "the northwest" but it doesnt put anything on your map, and the event page still says the activities dont open til tomorrow. Its the loop of green track north of overgrown valley and west of Silver Bottle Couryard (Due west of a teleport point). I only glanced at the subtitle for the announcement and then realised it was telling me there was something to do and it took 5 minute or so of wandering to find it. Its not wildly exciting, a pop the orange balloons on the minecart activity, but hey, its something to do.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
After my c6 candace + c4 kaveh project didn't pan out I found her a new silly team

Shows how far 2.5 years of artie farming can get you

Now I just need to find a way to make Kaveh work. How do people build him? sac sword, lots of ER and EM?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm at 127 vouchers and tapping out. I know of at least one in the underground that I can't work out how to reach, one challenge that I can't clear (the mushrooms by the choo-choo station, they're beefy and love to fly just out of range), and there's the one whose disguise never works, keeps turning into a bush and then that seems to repeat endlessly at intervals.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

delfin posted:

I'm at 127 vouchers and tapping out. I know of at least one in the underground that I can't work out how to reach, one challenge that I can't clear (the mushrooms by the choo-choo station, they're beefy and love to fly just out of range), and there's the one whose disguise never works, keeps turning into a bush and then that seems to repeat endlessly at intervals.

There are two bush friends - look for a bush in the area that isn't where it's supposed to be.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

AParadox posted:

Now I just need to find a way to make Kaveh work. How do people build him? sac sword, lots of ER and EM?

He's a bloom guy. I've got him at somewhere over 1k EM, with a +80 EM/Dendro set, but I'm desperately trying to find him an ER sands with maxed EM on it. He wants all the EM and 200+ ER and that's... kind of a bitch. Combined with Nilou and a Dendro set Baizhu, though, when he hits E the world dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

this is a stupid thing to be impressed by but the voucher compass works so much better than any other compass in the game and I hope they keep that design going forward.