Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

I remember there was a show with a guy with a really big head, don't know what the show was about besides that though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Paper Tiger posted:

I remember there was a show with a guy with a really big head, don't know what the show was about besides that though

he had a really big head

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
first saw this on Liquid TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XlO39kCQ-8

as a young person in a lovely southern town, this show seemed like a gateway to a much better, stranger place than i was used to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjsD9ZvP87Y

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Killingyouguy! posted:

he had a really big head

It was called the head

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

DrBouvenstein posted:

Yeah, Aron Flux was cool and trippy...and it gave us Beavis and Butthead... And I can't remember anything else from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aUKm5Rr7r8

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

i watched it (on dvd, without the original soundtrack, rip) a full ten years after it aired but daria ended up very important to me anyway

the maxx was pretty good too. one day i'll finish downtown, it's very good; for some reason i just can't watch more than one every like year

Killingyouguy! has a new favorite as of 02:48 on Jun 28, 2023

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Downtown was really good but like, yeah it had that dense feel

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

i suppose art often does

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

even in the photo the machine doesnt stock fruitopia

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Grassy Knowles posted:

even in the photo the machine doesnt stock fruitopia

And the picture shows a 20oz plastic bottle, but seeing as the price is only $0.50, it's almost certainly just cans.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

DrBouvenstein posted:

Yeah, Aron Flux was cool and trippy...and it gave us Beavis and Butthead... And I can't remember anything else from it.
Speaking of which, anyone been watching the new seasons that started on Paramount+ last year? They're funny, but they're also surprisingly clever and well-written. The second movie set up a whole thing about alternate timelines and an infinite number of Beavises and Butt-Heads in an infinite number of universes, so in some of the episodes they're their normal teenage selves but in the current year, and in others they're in their 40s and living together in a lovely apartment. It's kind of impressive that they managed to make both concepts work.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
No, I don't have Paramount+. Maybe I'll cancel Netflix and get it? I saw some clips and that one episode/half episode they released for free on Youtube where a sentient dumpster fire calls to Beavis and tries to get him to clean up the alley way and go for a run.

I haven't even seen the first B+B reboot series from...15ish(?) years ago where they watched clips of MTV Reality shows like Jersey Shore.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

The only non-alcoholic and non-caffeinated drink to lend a buzzy edge to the headache it would induce in me from all the sugar.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

DrBouvenstein posted:

I haven't even seen the first B+B reboot series from...15ish(?) years ago where they watched clips of MTV Reality shows like Jersey Shore.
They watch some music videos now but also YouTube clips, which is funnier than it sounds.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

My parents ran an event when Surge was released and they still have this kicking around:

The Coca Cola distributor dropped off two pallets of cans for free as part of the product launch.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Shifty Pony posted:

My parents ran an event when Surge was released and they still have this kicking around:

The Coca Cola distributor dropped off two pallets of cans for free as part of the product launch.

a. where do they live
b. how much do they want for it

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Shifty Pony posted:

that’s going in your kitchen, right?

that’s going in your kitchen, right?

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Out of all the “cool green sodas”, Surge is exactly what I imagine Slurm to most closely be. It had that slug mucus-like viscosity and lingering stickiness. Whimmy wham wham wozzle.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Out of all the “cool green sodas”, Surge is exactly what I imagine Slurm to most closely be. It had that slug mucus-like viscosity and lingering stickiness. Whimmy wham wham wozzle.

Back at college we "invented" a drink called "Saginaw Bay" which was a big glass half full of surge(or kick) and the other half southern comfort. Ice optional; please vomit responsibly. Although before futurama's time; I feel like Slurms McKenzie would approve.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I'm sure that like most sodas it would be way too much of a sugar bomb for me now, but I've never been as hyped about a soda as I was about Surge back in the day. Good times.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Surge was carbonated ecto cooler

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Sir Lemming posted:

I'm sure that like most sodas it would be way too much of a sugar bomb for me now, but I've never been as hyped about a soda as I was about Surge back in the day. Good times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wYTBHYCoGg

Somehow the weird subtitles make it better.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
When surge came out for some reason they brought a surge truck to my elementary school and gave them out to all the kids. As much as you could take. As an elementary kid in 5th grade I had a full sized backpack that was mostly empty and I don't remember if I found bags or they gave them out but my fridge was full of surge for what felt like weeks. Was pretty awesome

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Yo

vvv thanks for the explanation, I've been able to get it to work in the past, but imgur also likes to have different URLs for the same drat photo and only one seems to work; I need to use a different service altogether because gently caress imgur

root beer has a new favorite as of 00:35 on Jul 6, 2023

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

root beer posted:

Ugh, I hate imgur

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Resdfru posted:

When surge came out for some reason they brought a surge truck to my elementary school and gave them out to all the kids. As much as you could take. As an elementary kid in 5th grade I had a full sized backpack that was mostly empty and I don't remember if I found bags or they gave them out but my fridge was full of surge for what felt like weeks. Was pretty awesome

It was wild how much of the stuff they gave out. I remember my dad saying that someone at Coke had greenlit an initial production run that seemed to assume Surge would instantly take half of Mountain Dew's market share, and when that didn't happen the decision was made to roll out massive promotional giveaways to get people into the habit of SURGE.

That very well could have been bullshit though to try and mollify my dad after "hey here's a massive about of inventory that you aren't allowed to charge any money for and which directly competes with one of the main profit centers of the event you are running" didn't go over well.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Did anyone else spend hours and hours making lovely animations in this spiderman cartoon creator thing?

https://www.old-games.com/download/3367/spider-man-cartoon-maker

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

root beer posted:

vvv for the life of me I don’t get why the pic doesn’t show up for me at all in the post
Imgur wants to fob you off at any opportunity with a link to a page where your image is displayed, so they can add ads to it. These links don't embed as they technically don't point to an image. What you need to do when uploading is click on the image until it displays full screen and then right click, copy image link. Such a link will have i.imgur.com domain name and end in an image file extension like jpg, png etc.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
My cousins had a Surge vending machine in their basement. Their parents owned a local grocery so I don't know why they had the machine in the house but it was stocked all the time in an effort to get the kids to fund their own soda habit

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Hi thread, dunno if this has been posted because I'm 3000 posts behind but this website is cool as gently caress

https://my90stv.com

It's a site that lets you watch only things from a certain year, or decade, from the 1950s through the 2000s filtered by year/decade and type of content you want. You can put it on shuffle and playlist mode and just let it run randomly through whatever decade you want. There's a few fun things on there like static filters and stuff that emulate analog OTA tv with antennas. I have this going on my second monitor a lot as background noise, def recommend checking it out

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I’ve got that in my bookmarks, it’s nice to have as background noise sometimes

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

root beer posted:

Yo

vvv thanks for the explanation, I've been able to get it to work in the past, but imgur also likes to have different URLs for the same drat photo and only one seems to work; I need to use a different service altogether because gently caress imgur

Friend's mom ended up with this sweatshirt somehow and gave it to me many years ago. Been in the closet since, not sure why I never wore it.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

HonorableTB posted:

Hi thread, dunno if this has been posted because I'm 3000 posts behind but this website is cool as gently caress

It's a site that lets you watch only things from a certain year, or decade, from the 1950s through the 2000s filtered by year/decade and type of content you want. You can put it on shuffle and playlist mode and just let it run randomly through whatever decade you want. There's a few fun things on there like static filters and stuff that emulate analog OTA tv with antennas. I have this going on my second monitor a lot as background noise, def recommend checking it out

This is amazing

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ln_hp2RONU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

HonorableTB posted:

This fucks so hard

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkdTQNm__DM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
An aesthetic that spans the 80s and 90s that I don't see revived much, which is surprising because of its proximity to alternative and goth, is the whole Dave McKean look where an album cover would be a collage of like, a broken picture frame, a dead birds wing, some rusty nails, a seashell and a faded photo or something.

Think Sandman comics or 4AD albums. It's one of those 80s things that had a long tail, perhaps, kind of like how Pixies are an 80s band, but not really.