Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

DaysBefore posted:

Shame necromancers aren't real because imagine what Ebert would say if he was still around to see all this

We can just stitch his voice and his face together with computers and he can say whatever the gently caress we want. We live in an age of horrors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

rack em

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Ebert was just bitter that no one gave a poo poo about Beyond the Valley of the Dolls.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Randarkman posted:

Is that the one where Indy died from falling from like any small heights. Because I remember a game like that, and it became kind of a running joke among my friends in pointing out a fall that would kill Indiana Jones.

That's the second one, Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine, the Tomb Raider style one.

Fate of Atlantis is a point and click adventure game. Two bucks on Steam right now!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Paladin posted:

That's the second one, Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine, the Tomb Raider style one.

Fate of Atlantis is a point and click adventure game. Two bucks on Steam right now!

I don't know if it's on Steam, but the point and click Last Crusade game is pretty good too. It has multiple solutions to different puzzles depending on how you want to do things.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

There's an I am legend 2 coming?

Lol who the the gently caress is asking for that

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Vakal posted:

Ebert was just bitter that no one gave a poo poo about Beyond the Valley of the Dolls.

In the end Ebert admitted it was jaw-droppingly bad

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Ebert was probably drunk when he wrote it, he was a recovering alcoholic iirc

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Will Smith slapped kevin hart so hard he got exiled to post apocalyptic new york to hunt vampires

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

is that fatt damon? why on earth is dressed like that for

that guy looks like more the nerd from that star treck blakc mirror episode

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Milo and POTUS posted:

that is jese plemons, aka replacement phillip seymour hoffman

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Stink Billyums posted:

aka the guy that got in Kirsten Dunst’s cu-:rip: Mike Stoklasa.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Milo and POTUS posted:

That's Jesse Plemons from the upcoming movie Killers of the Flower Moon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIfONq_7EtI

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Stink Billyums posted:

Is he wearing prosthetics to look like an unbaked pile of still-rising biscuit dough, or does he just look like that?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Father Wendigo posted:

Is he wearing prosthetics to look like an unbaked pile of still-rising biscuit dough, or does he just look like that?

white people just look like that

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://twitter.com/DKThomp/status/1676586356238172162
https://twitter.com/DKThomp/status/1676588314210566145

https://twitter.com/mousterpiece/status/1676686285266894850

After the unfortunate failure of this final Indiana Jones movie, Lucasfilm should make more Ewok movies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpHfFIWCR_k

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jul 6, 2023

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

DaysBefore posted:

Shame necromancers aren't real because imagine what Ebert would say if he was still around to see all this

Resurrect Ebert and give him a ticket to Star Wars Celebration

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

That DICK! posted:

I guess temple of dooms relic lore was kind of an rear end pull but, people hated that

You collect all the dragonballs and get a wish, what's so hard to understand?

Cubone posted:

127 hours but in a punji pit

Some days you get Holes, some days holes get you.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
indy got beaten by nutjob jesus' new movie's opening day on the 4th

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/date/2023-07-04/?ref_=bo_rl_table_1

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

this guy's head when he talks weirds me out

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Pham Nuwen posted:

I'm cautiously optimistic about Oppenheimer, and I want to go see Asteroid City, and then there's DUNC2, and somehow I've only just heard about Killers of the Flower Moon which also looks promising.

Is 2023 actually going to be an ok year for movies?

Asteroid City
Oppenheimer
Priscilla
Challengers
Killers of the Flower Moon
The Iron Claw
Napoleon

2023 is, in fact, looking pretty loving good if you look outside of major IP projects. (And even with major IP projects there's Dunc 2.)

Vim Fuego posted:

yeah, that actually sounds like decent sendoff

That's a loving terrible send-off, and entirely misses the point of the actual arc that Indy has during the movie. Him wanting to stay in the past is him wanting to give up.He has to come back because ultimately the point of his journey is to get to a place where he can reconnect with Marion after the pain they both shared.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

who cares, im glad movies are dead

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.
Just watched American psycho for the first time. It's a drat fine movie.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

No Mods No Masters posted:

I hadn't heard that shia broke the lucasfilm omerta, it makes a lot more sense knowing that. Who knows where the vietnam idea came from but I'm sure absolutely no one pushed against it

What the gently caress are you talking about? LaBoeuf wasn't in this movie because he's a woman-beating piece of poo poo. It had nothing to do with anything he said about the production of Crystal Skull.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

is oppenheimer just going to be the wind rises but with bombs instead of planes

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I wonder what would happen if something like the salary cap for major league sports was applied to the movie industry and the max amount that could be spent per movie was 50 million or so.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

LanceHunter posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about? LaBoeuf wasn't in this movie because he's a woman-beating piece of poo poo. It had nothing to do with anything he said about the production of Crystal Skull.

I thought it was just because he's not famous enough anymore after not being in a hit movie for a decade.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Happyimp posted:

Speaking of Ebert, he did a good one for this movie

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/american-psycho-2000

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

he's completely 100% right btw.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Is half the spoken dialog going to be indecipherable like the last Tenet?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

LanceHunter posted:

Idk for sure but Id believe more that he was dropped because he badmouthed someone rather than Hollywood suddenly growing a consience about this

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.
Watching excorcist 3 now. It's also amazing.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Happyimp posted:

its so funny

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

kalel posted:

is oppenheimer just going to be the wind rises but with bombs instead of planes

I strongly suspect that it will follow a format really similar to the PBS American Experience episode The Trials of J. Robert Oppenheimer, where the movie will mostly be set during the Congressional hearing during the Red Scare where Oppenheimer got screwed over and all the bomb development stuff will be told in flashbacks.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I hope it follows the format of the WGN series “Manhattan” that was about the scientists of Los Alamos along with their wives and other personnel as they developed the nuclear bomb.

that format being lots and lots of loving

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

:capitalism::dehumanize:

Glad I’m not the only person who thought of Red Alert when watching Dial of Destiny.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

That DICK! posted:

I see the point about the dial but what relic could ya go with? Don’t wanna do nazis/Christianity again, islams pretty much out because of Muhammad, eastern religions and their relics aren’t widely known in the west.

Indiana Jones and the Return of Ea-Nasir

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i'm old enough to remember when the television told me "don't touch that dial" and I thought indiana jones was on a mission to find an old tube tv

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Happyimp posted:

Watching excorcist 3 now. It's also amazing.

I am due a rewatch of that, loving rules. I just love George C Scott in it so much.

Also wow it has been 10 years since Ebert died. Dude’s a legend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Father Wendigo posted:

Don’t talk about Phillip Seymour Hoffmann’s clone like that.