Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Grow a brain, moran

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

so threads is just your Facebook feed? but in a different app

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Serfer posted:

so threads is just your Facebook feed? but in a different app

no because it won’t be your friends

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

DOA. Even cursing gets you an annoying "only rude people post like this" warning before you can post it.
https://www.threads.net/t/CuVylXArgtV/

Apple doesn't even allow apps to include nudity anymore. The only companies that can release apps with "adult content" are the legacy FAANG giants that were grandfathered in/have market dominance. The final Twitter replacement must allow NSFW content, and the only company that can release it is an already established player.

I guess Bluesky allows NSFW, but if it didn't have Jack's backing Apple probably wouldn't have allowed it.

EDIT: Guess embeds don't work

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i think it's worse than that

i haven't used Facebook in awhile but I think it at least has a button to just show you your friends and not like jake paul etc

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I hope they paid ELO their royalty money

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Euphoriaphone posted:

DOA. Even cursing gets you an annoying "only rude people post like this" warning before you can post it.
https://www.threads.net/t/CuVylXArgtV/

Apple doesn't even allow apps to include nudity anymore. The only companies that can release apps with "adult content" are the legacy FAANG giants that were grandfathered in/have market dominance. The final Twitter replacement must allow NSFW content, and the only company that can release it is an already established player.

I guess Bluesky allows NSFW, but if it didn't have Jack's backing Apple probably wouldn't have allowed it.

EDIT: Guess embeds don't work

iirc the rule is "can't enable nsfw content from the app itself", but you can enable it externally. discord ran afoul of this but was able to get around the rule by forcing you to use the desktop app to manually approve nsfw content

bluesky has the same thing so far

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

ban this filth

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I think he's mad

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Thoughts?

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Shipon posted:

iirc the rule is "can't enable nsfw content from the app itself", but you can enable it externally. discord ran afoul of this but was able to get around the rule by forcing you to use the desktop app to manually approve nsfw content

bluesky has the same thing so far
apple and google can be incredibly capricious about this, like ArtStation having their entire app pulled from the play store because google saw 2 drawings with partial nudity (NSFW) https://magazine.artstation.com/2018/12/happened-artstation-android-app/

from their FAQ

quote:

Mature content
Anything that includes nudity, partial nudity with sexual implications, or even no nudity but with sexual implications, drug usage, shocking or disturbing images, should be mature content. Your avatar or cover photo should not contain any mature content.

I don't agree with ArtStation marking my work as having mature content
We don't make the rules. Our app has been suspended from the Google Play and Apple App Store too many times now and we have to comply. If it even looks curvaceous, we pretty much have to mark it as mature. Sorry.
twitter will show you stuff much more explicit than those drawings even when you set it to hide adult content while also being full of insane racists but they've never been pulled from either store. it's because they're huge

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

CLAM DOWN posted:

I think he's mad

he's right

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

CLAM DOWN posted:

I think he's mad

always projection with this dude

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKBz5_pbdzM&hd=1

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

drat. i wasn't gonna sign up to bluesky but now I hear it's got CSPAM vibes??? Holy loving win, batman

Plus pre 2013 Twitter vibes. Heard that from a trusted source.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
zuck is totally gonna get that W over twitter it’s loving wild LMFAO. all the loving brands are immediately hopping on

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

The REAL Goobusters posted:

zuck is totally gonna get that W over twitter it’s loving wild LMFAO. all the loving brands are immediately hopping on

Love da brands.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

everyone knows people are going to follow their favorite brands

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

TheMightyBoops posted:

Love da brands.

threads is for brands
twitter is for nazis
truth social is for trump stans
bluesky is for freaks

and somethingawful is the dead gay forums

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
lol the threads feed is just like Instagram and you just get random poo poo popping up too. yeah no thanks lmfao

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Elon plz make LinkedIn but more intense and psycho poo poo.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Never expected brands to prefer false happiness over being attacked by strangers, smh

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

CLAM DOWN posted:

I think he's mad

at least instagram has over edited bimbos to simp

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

when she's tryin to slide into your dm's but you wanna talk about a better america

If they fix the timeline with an option for just Following I could see this blowing up. We’re laughing here at all the major and recognizable brands clogging up the initial timeline, but it’s hard to deny the air of legitimacy that lends it to your average user for a brand new platform.

And if it tanks Twitter, I’m all for it. I don’t need Threads to be something I want to use personally, I’ll be perfectly content if it’s just good enough to torch whatever valuation is still left from Elon’s purchase :lmao:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Watch out, elon! This is exactly what the trans lobby wants!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
None of this matters anyway as tiktok basically already won the social media war a while ago anyway.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

None of this matters anyway as tiktok basically already won the social media war a while ago anyway.

Which is why Zuck and Musk are lobbying to ban that CCP spy filth!

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power
The most depressing thing about Facebook is how Facebook Marketplace posts get pushed to the top of the algorithm, so you see your most destitute friends selling bottles of old hot sauce and DVDs in your feed

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

gently caress -.-

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

quote is not edit

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

my brand!!!

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Ow my brand!

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Does threads have a desktop version or is it app only?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Threads is worth it even if it’s just for Zuck to make Elon sad and afraid for a little while.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

spanky the dolphin posted:

Does threads have a desktop version or is it app only?

It just shows a black screen when I try the site in Firefox, but if I open it up in edge it has a spinning logo thing. I think this whole thing is coming in super hot and the hit the emergency LAUNCH THIS poo poo NOW button after Twitter imploded over the weekend, so desktop version will probably come soon hopefully.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The brands you say?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

you're telling me i need an app to see my favorite brands? epic fail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Is ElonJet on threads already? Which service gets the most accurate assassination coordinates?