Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Onita wasn't in Wrestle And Romance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

WPotYC: CM Punk comes back and has a lot to whine about. (AEW Collision, 6/17)

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Nth.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

PotYC: CM Punk comes back and has a lot to whine about. (AEW Collision, 6/17)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Celebration of the Year: Christian Cage celebrating his victory and becoming the new TNT Champion* - AEW Collision 6/17

* Christian was not in the match and is NOT the TNT Champion.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pylons posted:

PotYC: CM Punk comes back and has a lot to whine about. (AEW Collision, 6/17)

Nth

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Nth

Jerusalem posted:

Celebration of the Year: Christian Cage celebrating his victory and becoming the new TNT Champion* - AEW Collision 6/17

Massive nth

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Horror Movie MOTY: 6/18 Ryukyu Dragon Pro Wrestling - Dragon Kid & Genki Horiguchi vs Gurukun Mask & Nanashi :zombie:
watch here

If you like Abadon, you'll probably enjoy this. Great character work that wouldn't work half as well without absolute commitment to the bit. Pretty sure this is supposed to be a version of Teke-Teke, a type of onryo/ghost, but they called her Nanashi (nameless). Judging by the hair color it's Hibiscus Mii under the bandages.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Jerusalem posted:

Nth. Christian the best heel in all of pro wrestling.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Bonk posted:

Horror Movie MOTY: 6/18 Ryukyu Dragon Pro Wrestling - Dragon Kid & Genki Horiguchi vs Gurukun Mask & Nanashi :zombie:
watch here

If you like Abadon, you'll probably enjoy this. Great character work that wouldn't work half as well without absolute commitment to the bit. Pretty sure this is supposed to be a version of Teke-Teke, a type of onryo/ghost, but they called her Nanashi (nameless). Judging by the hair color it's Hibiscus Mii under the bandages.

nth

I've been raving about this gimmick for at least a year
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3825164&userid=69707&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post520796498

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jun 19, 2023

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Yeah, Mii uses it sparingly enough that I think I had only seen photos before (and I have goldfish memory about anything that's happened 1+ years ago), but this is only the 3rd time she's done it in RDPW according to Cagematch. Just fantastic mannerisms.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Turn of the year: Jack Perry on Hook

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Punch McLightning posted:

Turn of the year: Jack Perry on Hook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjUOBVAbGhQ&t=32s

2nd.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Elbow Drop of the Year:
Kojima vs Punk, Forbidden Door 6/25

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.
Entrance of the year: Bryan Danielson, Forbidden Door

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

Elbow Drop of the Year:

thatguyclint posted:

Entrance of the year: Bryan Danielson, Forbidden Door

Yes and yes.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Captain Foo posted:

Elbow Drop of the Year:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Not sure how to title this, but it's a real loving good promo by a couple of guys with very silly voices

https://twitter.com/thesuperjcast/status/1676479974004641792

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
That's just a really good promo, yeah.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
"I'm not crying, YOU're crying!:cry:" of the year: Eddie Kingston's reaction to winning the Strong championship in Korakuen Hall, NJPW Strong Independence Day Night 2

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

"I'm not crying, YOU're crying!:cry:" of the year: Eddie Kingston's reaction to winning the Strong championship in Korakuen Hall, NJPW Strong Independence Day Night 2

Nth it's amazing

Shard fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jul 5, 2023

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Segment of the year: adam Cole’s birthday party, aew dynamite 7/5

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Captain Foo posted:

Segment of the year: adam Cole’s birthday party, aew dynamite 7/5

nth, if I could nominate that entire match, the gym vignette, and the aftermath all together I would. probably the hardest I've laughed at wrestling in a long time

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Friend of the Year: MJF, AEW Dynamite, 05/07

Diplomat
Dec 14, 2009

Rarity posted:

Friend of the Year: MJF, AEW Dynamite, 05/07

Nth, MJF being a goof is always so so good

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

nth, if I could nominate that entire match, the gym vignette, and the aftermath all together I would. probably the hardest I've laughed at wrestling in a long time

Yeah it all went together perfectly

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ROH Honor Club 7/6

HM POTYC: Claudio Castagnoli addresses Mark Briscoe

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

POTYC: Eddie Kingston tells Mark Briscoe to wrestle for the ROH World Championship in his place, Mark accepts, and Claudio Castagnoli responds. (ROH on Honor Club 7/6)

I don't really know how to describe this one but I think it can all count as one promo, but it completely sold me on the PPV with a single segment. Claudio especially cut one of the best promos of his career. Electrifying stuff.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Holy gently caress thank you for nominating that promo so I'd go find it. Nth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5Gmwk2mf9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e_VTcepsWI

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy poo poo, yeah seconding that Claudio promo, goddamn.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

POTYC: Eddie Kingston tells Mark Briscoe to wrestle for the ROH World Championship in his place, Mark accepts, and Claudio Castagnoli responds. (ROH on Honor Club 7/6)

I don't really know how to describe this one but I think it can all count as one promo, but it completely sold me on the PPV with a single segment. Claudio especially cut one of the best promos of his career. Electrifying stuff.

Nth:

Also: eddie cutting an njpw style promo on a njpw show about the roh belt while addressing aew is some :allears: stuff

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Tag Team Entrance of the Year: VenYu (Yuki Kamifuku & ASUKA/VENY) (TJPW Summer Sun Princess '23)

Telephone by Lady Gaga, backup dancers of indeterminate gender that ASUKA makes out with, a bizarre homoerotic runway walk, this is what wrestling is all about

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Concert of the Year: B3CCA sings "Hot Fun" (MLW Never Say Never 2023)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Tag Team Entrance of the Year: VenYu (Yuki Kamifuku & ASUKA/VENY) (TJPW Summer Sun Princess '23)

Telephone by Lady Gaga, backup dancers of indeterminate gender that ASUKA makes out with, a bizarre homoerotic runway walk, this is what wrestling is all about

Nth

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

Nth:

Also: eddie cutting an njpw style promo on a njpw show about the roh belt while addressing aew is some :allears: stuff

Check out the one he did slightly earlier about winning the belt itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udMd1r9vd1I&t=122s

Warning: Do not watch in a dusty room.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jul 9, 2023

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
POTYC: Willie Mack daydreaming about what he can do with 25 grand (ROH TV, 7 July)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Show Theme Song of the Year: Across the Drugs Monday Night RAW from nL 2k23 MyGM Mode Season 2 Week 3

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Promo of the Year: El Phantasmo’s backstage comments 21/07

https://twitter.com/ciaranrh93/status/1682695443669569536?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

Feels a bit strange calling it promo of the year due to the personal nature of this but it’s really heartfelt.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Bromance of the year: Adam Cole and MJF

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Pandemic is Finally Over of the Year: Hiroshi Tanahashi being passed a towel to wipe off his sweat by a sobbing woman in the crowd - NJPW G1 Climax Night 10 7/30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

The Pandemic is Finally Over of the Year: Hiroshi Tanahashi being passed a towel to wipe off his sweat by a sobbing woman in the crowd - NJPW G1 Climax Night 10 7/30

Nth, nature is healing