Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

claw game handjob posted:

A thing the German article on their closing touched on that not a lot of the US ones did was "Don't worry: the new Deponia game is not canceled, since it was an external team developing it, not the internal one being shuttered," and that was the point at which I got mad Gollum couldn't even salt the loving earth successfully.

Wait, didn't the main character definitively die at the end of the third game?

Oh, nevermind, it's a craft'um-up wearing Deponia's skin.

quote:

OPEN A NEW CHAPTER
Even though Surviving Deponia can be enjoyed as a stand-alone experience, it takes place right after the Point & Click Adventure Series “Deponia” and gives fans canonical closure about Elysium’s fate and Deponia’s citizens.

I guess this is a thing some people wanted? Okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
See you'd think that his death ended it but they've done at least one more game since he died with time travel to bring that prick back. I did not know the new one wasn't yet another bad adventure game though.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Akett posted:

I can't muster much sympathy toward them because they're the devs of Deponia, which is one of the most gross, misogynistic, edgelord bullshit properties I've ever heard of.

The hell is this poo poo? I already found the first game to be cringeworthy, but :lol: at things getting worse and worse. And here I thought the protagonist of Kyrandia III was already kind of too much of a dick.

This looks like an attempt at black comedy going tits up because the devs tried dialing the bad taste dial up to eleven, but accidentally broke it and got it stuck at level 69 instead

Now I kind of regret getting the Deponia-collection on Switch when it had an insanely cheap deal going on. At least I bought it before getting an OLED and never bothered to download the games again after I switched my Switch

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Akett posted:

I can't muster much sympathy toward them because they're the devs of Deponia, which is one of the most gross, misogynistic, edgelord bullshit properties I've ever heard of.

lol wtf

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Wait lmfao holy poo poo the gollum game was so bad the developers fired a quarter of their staff and stopped all development? Lmao

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Libluini posted:

The hell is this poo poo? I already found the first game to be cringeworthy, but :lol: at things getting worse and worse. And here I thought the protagonist of Kyrandia III was already kind of too much of a dick.

This looks like an attempt at black comedy going tits up because the devs tried dialing the bad taste dial up to eleven, but accidentally broke it and got it stuck at level 69 instead

Now I kind of regret getting the Deponia-collection on Switch when it had an insanely cheap deal going on. At least I bought it before getting an OLED and never bothered to download the games again after I switched my Switch

At least Kyrandia 3 has the antagonist from the first game as the protagonist so you're EXPECTING him to be a dick.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Hello online creators thread, long time no post. I've just released a feature-length look at the films Noah and Prometheus and I'd be very appreciative to anyone who checks it out. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGbRQ6MOQWM

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

Skippy McPants posted:

You're not a proper gamer unless a significant fraction of your Steam library is stuff you have zero memory of. Mostly it's the sales that are to blame.

"Adventure pack? Forty-three games for $7? GabeN, you got yourself a deal, you big beautiful man, you!

See, I have that situation going on, it's just most of the games I can't remember buying are at least things I could understand myself paying money for at some point. With the Deponia games I'm just like "Why would I have bought this?"

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

what are gollums favorite slurs

well we know one of them from this mtv movie awards bit where he tries to call dobby from harry potter a slur on national television

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Gollum is cancelled

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8X4TwZ5oiA

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Fil5000 posted:

Just looked up the plot of A New Beginning:

"They also find an article how earth got partially destroyed after a nuclear reactor exploded in the Brazilian Amazon rainforest. This event destroyed the rain forest causing to start a chain reaction in which the earth went into a nuclear winter. "

Why... why would you build a nuclear reactor in the middle of a rainforest? Like, that's Captain Planet villain level of villainy, it'd be so much EFFORT to get all the construction material there, clear the land, etc etc. versus building it pretty much anywhere else.

In all honesty, having a vague excuse to justify mass-deforestation in the Amazon is probably the most realistic thing that happens in that game.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugM-dUiiRok

A bunch of enbies watch It's Pat

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The 90s was a different time..

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

snl movie adaptations were a blight on humanity

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

The 90s was a different time..
A worse time.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Augus posted:

snl movie adaptations were a blight on humanity

It stayed in production limbo for awhile before finally getting a limited run release for like a week so even by the very low standards of SNL adaptations everybody knew it was a turd.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

It's loving wild to think that the 19th Amendment is barely a hundred years old. From generation to generation, the ongoing civil rights revolution of roughly the past two hundred years is incredible. Far from perfect, obviously, but there's basically no time I'd want to live other than now because even 10-15 years ago things sucked, and they only get worse the further back you go.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Fast Car still slaps

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Fast Car still slaps

When's Tracy going to drop Faster Car?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Akett posted:

It's funny how one might read about the "monkey" scene and think that there's no way that a relatively high-profile and well-regarded adventure game from the 2010s would be that gross and maybe the game's writer tried to make a harmless joke, but fumbled the delivery or the journalist made a bad faith reading.

Then you play it and it's honestly even worse and there is no way to excuse it. Mind-boggling.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jul 6, 2023

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Even Mikey of Movies With Mikey who likes movies did not like Space Jam 2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VICD-3t3MrA

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The Blues Brothers is the best American musical

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Kennel posted:

It's funny how one might read about the "monkey" scene and think that there's no way that a relatively high-profile and well-regarded adventure game from the 2010s would be that gross and maybe the game's writer tried to make a harmless joke, but fumbled the delivery or the journalist made a bad faith reading.

Then you play it and it's honestly even worse and there is no way to excuse it. Mind-boggling.

Yeah, seriously. I got the first one through some humble bundle thing and I had to quit halfway through because the protagonist is so aggressively douchy. To hear it gets that much worse is almost impressive from an unlikability perspective.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F2Pveb7Ilk

https://twitter.com/theFlowergothic/status/1536929671241138177?s=20

the video's kind of just a poorly lit ramble but the twitter thread has most of the stuff. not sex pest stuff but he underpaid his editors and overworked them. stuff like not sending them the clips they needed for editing for days, not sending them scripts or recording his voiceover, and paying them something like 1k for a month of basically fulltime work, and he kept getting high school/college kids to do it so they just went 'woah... 1000 dollars!!' without realizing it wasnt that much money for how much work they did. the absolutely massive size of his videos also made them a huge pain to work on but he was convinced hed Solved the algorithm

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Endorph posted:

the video's kind of just a poorly lit ramble but the twitter thread has most of the stuff. not sex pest stuff but he underpaid his editors and overworked them. stuff like not sending them the clips they needed for editing for days, not sending them scripts or recording his voiceover, and paying them something like 1k for a month of basically fulltime work, and he kept getting high school/college kids to do it so they just went 'woah... 1000 dollars!!' without realizing it wasnt that much money for how much work they did. the absolutely massive size of his videos also made them a huge pain to work on but he was convinced hed Solved the algorithm

lmao at making sure to avoid any mention of Dan Schneider. The guy is such a creatively bankrupt coward.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Endorph posted:

Jesus $1k for editing a pile DOWN to 8 hours of footage sounds harrowing.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
quinton you son of a bitch

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

tbh mostly sounds like interpersonal poo poo I don't care about. pay your editors.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

The "don't mention Schneider" stuff is seriously poo poo, but it ties in entirely with him failing to mention anything iffy about Nathan Masri. In that instance I assume it was just wanting to try and get free Garfield poo poo though.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Fil5000 posted:

The "don't mention Schneider" stuff is seriously poo poo, but it ties in entirely with him failing to mention anything iffy about Nathan Masri. In that instance I assume it was just wanting to try and get free Garfield poo poo though.

it was to get free garfield poo poo... mad?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Quinton makes bad videos but I really don't care about this drama

just tell him to gently caress off lmao it's not like he forces you to take $4/hour to edit said bad videos

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

it was to get free garfield poo poo... mad?

Are you asking me if I'm mad about this? Or are you questioning if Quinton was mad? I'm sorry man, this syntax is ambiguous

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

IShallRiseAgain posted:

lmao at making sure to avoid any mention of Dan Schneider. The guy is such a creatively bankrupt coward.

lmao couldn’t even be bothered to follow up with “I’ll cover him in another video.”

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I actually listened to the lyrics of the ukulele drama vid and it's so cursed how it's basically the Evil version of Adventure Time music. lmao at how it alternates between "I didn't do it BUT IF I DID I'm not sorry". Come on, that just makes you look more guilty.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Insurrectionist posted:

Quinton makes bad videos but I really don't care about this drama

just tell him to gently caress off lmao it's not like he forces you to take $4/hour to edit said bad videos

I think it's bad actually that the boring childrens tv show guy drastically underpays young gig workers

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

DaysBefore posted:

I think it's bad actually that the boring childrens tv show guy drastically underpays young gig workers

lets kick his rear end

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!
Just read I'm Glad My Mom Died instead of rotting your brain with elaborate summaries of children's sitcoms which refuse to go into detail, like as a bit, about the BTS poo poo that actually matters.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lets kick his rear end

Yup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
I can't believe someone on the internet is doing a shallow read