Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Vagabong posted:

They're gunna release some brand new skaven models but then not have them playable in TOW because ????????

The game is set a few hundred years before skaven started making topside excursion.

Skaven models will have rules but won't be part of the narrative, like Lizardmen, vampire counts, dark elves, ogres and demons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer

The Primaris Lieutenant free preview stream starts in around 15 minutes.
And they're early with the reveal thread too where everything gets posted:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/07/01/the-not-warhammer-40000-preview-all-of-the-reveals-in-one-place

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Hype!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

They are live at last. Now to just wait the obligatory academical 15 minutes before they start talking about reveals.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
Hell ya! My plague monks and censer bearers about to get some much needed variety in the units. The plague monk warband look fantastic.

Everytime Skaven get an update, it really makes the old stuff stand out worse. I’d love to see what modern GW could do with the Eshin models. Poor derpy ninja rats really need a new set.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.goonhammer.com/dawnbringers-book-1-harbingers-the-goonhammer-review/

The Goonhammer review of Dawnbringers book 1 is up.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I didn't think that reveal was very good for the amount of hype they had for it. They had a good looking box for Empire, but I am not sold on having all the heads around in boxes. The plague rats looked good, but there is only 6 of them. The Warcry reveal had some info about a faction, but little info about the setting or boxes. The Old World was a single miniature reveal of something that will be in resin unfortunately. Then the big reveal was Horus Heresy themed Epic. So a pretty meh weekend really, didn't think anything needed a whole show or stream about previews that would normally merit an email and a small warhammer community article.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Epic being back is a huge reveal even if it doesn't appeal to me.

Also dang that cities blacksmith-wizard is sick as hell

radlum
May 13, 2013
Overall, kind of a disappointing reveal; glad to see the CoS boxset and the models were cool, but we were already expecting it

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Having the big reveal of the not 40K event be epic scale not quite 40K is very GW, can't complain.

I've ordered the new squig box to complement my kruleboyz today, at nearly 700 points, combined with my big spider, little wolfies and a few other bits and pieces I'll almost have a full gloomspite army too (oh no)

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Someone on the Warcry team is a big fan of baboons and hell, same

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Winklebottom posted:

Someone on the Warcry team is a big fan of baboons and hell, same

If they gave some more factions balloons and airships in addition the the KO we could even get a AoS version of Aeronautica Imperialis.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Crazy Ferret posted:

Hell ya! My plague monks and censer bearers about to get some much needed variety in the units. The plague monk warband look fantastic.

Everytime Skaven get an update, it really makes the old stuff stand out worse. I’d love to see what modern GW could do with the Eshin models. Poor derpy ninja rats really need a new set.

Between the blood bowl team and that underworld band there's a few ninja poses

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

IncredibleIgloo posted:

If they gave some more factions balloons and airships in addition the the KO we could even get a AoS version of Aeronautica Imperialis.

Sky Galleons of Chamon.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
The Dreki Flynt novel has them fighting sky pirate feots and I would love that as an army or a few units to add to gitz.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Where THE gently caress is AoS Cathay you cowards

An empire ruled by dragon people would not be weird in this setting and I wanna field an air force of balloons

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Blood Boils posted:

Between the blood bowl team and that underworld band there's a few ninja poses

Yeah! Blood Bowl is a great place for some extra Skaven poses. The rats with two punch daggers are big enough for Stormvermin. The Gutter Runners, or whatever they are named in Blood Bowl, are really cool models. They have a great sense of motion. I need to get back to my project of making the rest of the Blood Bowl team into grenadiers, running them as Skryre Acolytes.

Skaven are getting a refresh one warband box at a time.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Baboons not balloons!! (they should add more of both)

Winklebottom fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jul 1, 2023

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Someone's read that recent SCP that's a bunch of metaphysical mandrills trying to march through human creativity and was like "drat, I should add more monkeys to AoS"

That or they watched Dunston Checks In

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jul 2, 2023

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Ape of Sigmar

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Maybe some Baboons in Balloons would do the trick.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

The Deleter posted:

Ape of Sigmar

Mandrillassed Bonoboators
Silverback Gorillators
Oranguard

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
New faction - only the Monkey King survived from Cathay, and he's ready to gently caress absolutely EVERYONE up.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Bonobos resolve anger and stress by engaging in sex, so

New faction - only the Ape King survived from Cathay, and he's ready to gently caress absolutely EVERYONE.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Nagash, squinting at the missive Arkhan brought him: He wants to do WHAT?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Ape Together, Strong! - If, during your hero phase, you convince a bystander to sing 'I wan'na be like you.' with you, gain a +1 to armor saves.

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Ape Together, Strong! - If, during your hero phase, you convince a bystander to sing 'I wan'na be like you.' with you, gain a +1 to armor saves.

+2 if you get them to sing the Dr. Zaius bit

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
That manticore whips poo poo goddamn. I hope the inevitable Cities of Sigmar warband is as rad as the stuff so far.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
I like that cities of sigmar has good fat guy representation

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/07/06/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-metawatch-examining-the-2023-2024-generals-handbook/

It's Meatwatch I mean Metawatch time, so that also means a new battlescroll!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/BCxlvN2KmjF04AG6.pdf

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

New points are here, also some huge rule changes in the Battlescroll: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/07/06/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-metawatch-examining-the-2023-2024-generals-handbook/

Edit: Beaten! I'll add that I really like the change to coherency and Look Out Sir!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Coherency changes and eels points drops? Looks like they're back on da menu boyz

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Talas posted:

New points are here, also some huge rule changes in the Battlescroll: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/07/06/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-metawatch-examining-the-2023-2024-generals-handbook/

Edit: Beaten! I'll add that I really like the change to coherency and Look Out Sir!

Feels like +25 points to Thunderers is a little egregious

So much for not having to spend a billion dollars on Skywardens

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

New points go live when the new GHB hits right?

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

Funzo posted:

New points go live when the new GHB hits right?

Right now, actually - the official app's already updated.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Shaven eating well tonight, I suppose.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Mors Rattus posted:

Shaven eating well tonight, I suppose.

Been a good week for warhammer related typos. :allears:

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I got a new iPad so I expect this to continue happening until next year, when I will finally have broken its spirit and gotten it to let me use proper nouns.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]
Yeah, this is pretty good for shaven Skaven. My normal list went down about 50 points or so, Thanquol is possibly getting put back on the shelf, but Stormfiends are gonna be even more annoying now that they don't have to be in 2 ranks to get in melee. Would have liked to see the coherency threshold at 11+ instead of 6+ but I'm still fine with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

My Soulblight list, which isn't even close to a "Meta" list went up for 100 points or so. My Friend's Fyreslayers went up to where his list is 40 over now. Because obviously, they were just too good.