Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

gently caress fine guess I will pull for FX then.

Watch as Lynx is on the Dan Heng2 banner instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

:pray: Please be on Fu Xuan's banner

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Lynx a fuckin cutie

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Even if Lynx and Fu Xuan are on the same banner, bringing both a healer and a tank seems bad to me.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Clarste posted:

Even if Lynx and Fu Xuan are on the same banner, bringing both a healer and a tank seems bad to me.

I feel like this is the reason I don't like to use gepard because shields go quick

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Glad to see she's coming soon, I really like her recent leaked kit. Don't want either 1.3 5-star, but Fu Xuan seems like the more useful spook while rolling for Lynx.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Will Lynx be more or less of a disaster lesbian than her sister? Interested to find out!

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

I have my Fire MC built for damage but with Landau's Choice, and use her as a tanky DPS in the same team as Natasha, which solves all my problems with SP and my squishies getting two-shot between Natasha's turns. So if either Lynx or Fu Xuan can play an SP-efficient offensive role, then running both of them together could be hugely valuable. Especially if you're on the Entanglement plan and mainly care about toughness damage and then getting your stacks up during the break window; using a defensive build doesn't hamper either of those things at all.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Fu Xuan is also supposedly a hybrid between tank and DPS, and you may be able to lean towards damage with her so Lynx's healing won't be redundant

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Clarste posted:

This is my concern, really. The good defensive characters in the game right now can comfortably solo sustain the party even in high level MoC, so it's tough to imagine wanting to bring two defensive characters when you can already survive with one, especially if you're on a cycle time limit.

Meowywitch posted:

I feel like this is the reason I don't like to use gepard because shields go quick

If your Gepard is geared and set up right he's tied for best sustain in the game with Luocha and can absolutely keep a party alive entirely on the strength of his absurd shields. He shouldn't need to be run with a healer.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I like shields more than heals.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Clarste posted:

Adding weaknesses doesn't remove resistances. You can be strong against Quantum and weak against Quantum at the same time. Resistance only affects damage taken, while weakness only affects the toughness bar.

Shadow Wolf's skill also removes 20% resistance to that element.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I mean, that's a damage multiplier, but it's a damage multiplier that still works even if they have 0% resistance in the first place. So you'll still be dealing more damage to enemies that are not strong against quantum.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Shield + Healer is for when SU is being a bitch and just not giving you the draws you need, or when you are facing something that hits like a truck a million times in a row, or when you are facing something that can just turn off characters with stuns or jails or whatever. When you absolutely, positively do not want to die no matter what.

It's mostly overkill, but when it's not it's the only thing keeping you alive.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Fu Xuan is a Preservation, but she doesn't generate shields. Instead she's got a gimmick where she redirects party damage to herself.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Ideally your "tank" is less of a tank and more of an SP battery that also does something useful in the process. You can't just run a team full of offensive characters because offensive characters need SP to function.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Jabor posted:

Ideally your "tank" is less of a tank and more of an SP battery that also does something useful in the process. You can't just run a team full of offensive characters because offensive characters need SP to function.

Yeah I think the main reason Fireblazer is good is that their basic attack is possibly the best basic attack in the game

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Based on Fu Xuan's leaked kit, she fulfills her tanking role just by using her skill once every few turns so hopefully she's a decent battery at least.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I wonder what instrument and/or instrument accessory Lynx will fight with.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

If Cold Dragon Young is the first banner, I will try for Fu Xuan and Lynx.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Fu Xuan is Dehya, But Good

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Bussamove posted:

I wonder what instrument and/or instrument accessory Lynx will fight with.

I'd find it hilarious if its the Fishing Rod in the promo art

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Excelzior posted:

Let's not be hasty. They still have two months to nerf her.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
If Lynx and Fu Xuan are on the same banner I'm most likely gonna end up with Eidolons of one or both even if the competitive consensus somehow ends up being that they're the two worst characters in the game. I'm even more jazzed for these two than I was for Silver Wolf

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Izzhov posted:

If Lynx and Fu Xuan are on the same banner I'm most likely gonna end up with Eidolons of one or both even if the competitive consensus somehow ends up being that they're the two worst characters in the game. I'm even more jazzed for these two than I was for Silver Wolf

Yeah I'm hoping Fu Xuan is the second 1.3 banner so I have time to recuperate after smashing my "do not open until Kafkamas" piggy bank.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Excelzior posted:

please don't give her the kiss of death

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They just recently removed shields from fu xuan's kit so she's already been nerfed.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Not glammed up enough to be a character in a Mihoyo game. Needs more pantyhose, highheels and butterfly accessories or something.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Kale posted:

Not glammed up enough to be a character in a Mihoyo game. Needs more pantyhose, highheels and butterfly accessories or something.

She's got tights and a cat hat what more do you want

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Kale posted:

Please post normal

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Decided to do one last pull before saving for Dragon Dan and got blessed with Quinque E4! Pela just isn't in the cards for me, but I'm 19 deep into pity for Dan and can start saving. Now I can focus on building Yukong in preparation for my true Imaginary team. If I lose the 50/50 I'll still have 2 solid and powerful teams to continue improving.

Also:

boredsatellite posted:

Please post normal

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jul 6, 2023

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
I think this is a new code (at least, it’s new to me)

2SP2XE4YBJBB

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

vote_no posted:

I think this is a new code (at least, it’s new to me)

2SP2XE4YBJBB

I already used that one.

I think this list is up to date, so redeem your 1.1 codes before they expire. 150 jade and 30,000 credits, plus some other stuff.

https://www.pcgamer.com/honkai-star-rail-codes/

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Prydwen also has them listed on the main HSR page https://www.prydwen.gg/star-rail/

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Also don't forget to spend some time filling out a survey for the company's marketing dept in return for 30k credits lollll

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

big cummers ONLY posted:

Also don't forget to spend some time filling out a survey for the company's marketing dept in return for 30k credits lollll

You don’t?

Kale
May 14, 2010

boredsatellite posted:

Please post normal

You first

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

padijun posted:

You don’t?

I do ten-cent google surveys all the time. I'm a little survey piggy. It's just funny that they're only giving users 30k in-game currency for free market research. They know gamers are broken and will frame this as "making my voice heard" instead of "providing data so they can extract my money as efficiently as possible"

100k would still only equate to 42 energy or so, less than one fuel (without trailblazer xp) but at least it's six digits so the average player could feel flush with the generosity of Game

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
if i didn't have to type, i'd do a daily survey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

e : misread