Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
the kids these days call em baller jars they post pics of their mason jars full of honey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

goddamn learn something new every day

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

LifeSunDeath posted:

got some new carts they're gonna be lit:

poo poo makes your teeth wiggle if you don't cut it with scopolamine. Gotta be carefull with black market carts.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

the "daily limit" only applies to like one dispensary at a time, like at least here in CA when you walk into a place i really don't think there's some kind of database where they all have direct updated access to what else you might have bought at other dispensaries that day, so you can just keep going to new places and buying up to the "daily limit" every single time if you really want to buy that much

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

if only dabs were like slurpees and you could bring your own container to the dab store and fill it up for like 20 bucks.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
my store sold me an oz of purple punch crumble for $200 i've been going to town with my carta

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica

Earwicker posted:

the "daily limit" only applies to like one dispensary at a time, like at least here in CA when you walk into a place i really don't think there's some kind of database where they all have direct updated access to what else you might have bought at other dispensaries that day, so you can just keep going to new places and buying up to the "daily limit" every single time if you really want to buy that much

So much respect to the one tender at Value Buds that said "It just needs to be per visit. You could go home and come back. And you could live next door, I don't know."

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Costco Meatballs posted:

So much respect to the one tender at Value Buds that said "It just needs to be per visit. You could go home and come back. And you could live next door, I don't know."

yep this is what I got when I was buying a lot of shake from one place, the guy told me it's once per trip but you could literally just turn right around and come back in lol

it's a pain but not a hard limit really

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Jelly posted:

Weed is necessary for me for anxiety and appetite but of course I also enjoy how it feels.

It's so strange that it helps relieve anxiety in some people and increases it in others

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

YeahTubaMike posted:

It's so strange that it helps relieve anxiety in some people and increases it in others

THC's effect on me is akin to mild waking night terrors, with paranoia and auditory hallucinations being present, but the increased effect of gravity on the body is calming and makes everything around you ok.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

YeahTubaMike posted:

Weed is magic for my anxiety, I'm lucky. The only weed anxiety I feel is if I accidentally get too high, and end up in a feedback loop of "oh god you're too high! oh no, that means you're too high!"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah I got to stick to low levels to keep the weed anxiety away

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

weed doesn't give me bad anxiety but sometimes i'll be like "it sounds so relaxing to get high and play video games" and i'll proceed to get high and stare at my game library for half an hour unnecessarily stressing myself out going back and forth deciding what to play. or i'll think that i'm going to sit down and free improvise on piano but decide i want to play on top of a simple beat and then get high and spend like two hours building and perfecting some overly complex beat and then i have to go do something else

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

Earwicker posted:

weed doesn't give me bad anxiety but sometimes i'll be like "it sounds so relaxing to get high and play video games" and i'll proceed to get high and stare at my game library for half an hour unnecessarily stressing myself out going back and forth deciding what to play. or i'll think that i'm going to sit down and free improvise on piano but decide i want to play on top of a simple beat and then get high and spend like two hours building and perfecting some overly complex beat and then i have to go do something else

Why are we doing the exact same things but for me it's a guitar?

I had to stop smoking before playing guitar otherwise I'd just do scales at like 90bpm while staring at the ceiling

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Jelly posted:

This is my (based on nothing) theory as well.
During a high anxiety episode I tried 200mg of CBD from a tincture multiple times and it did absolutely nothing for me. Like I could feel how it was relaxing my body but it wasn't working on the emotional anxiety.
But those 2:1 or 1:1 edibles will floor me. These ones in particular: https://www.dropscandies.com/ (live rosin), but I'm skeptical pure CBD would provide the same effect but it seems if anything I should try it in flower form (hemp flower) or edibles.
I tried some THC/CBG joints and the CBG had a nice relaxing effect in combination with the THC. While it was short-lived it was very relaxing, and it's also supposed to stimulate appetite for those of us whose anxiety is directly connected to our stomachs. Those joints burned very evenly and dense, like it took a lot of work to put them out.
hm. I must admit most of my experimentation has been for head stuff rather than gut stuff, for what it's worth as well. I think you're also on the money that pure CBD isn't going to be effective either, from what I've from a friend that had to rely on hemp flower earlier on in their life now that I think on it further; body high was present but given there's no psychoactive effect it wouldn't do anything for anxiety. CBG is fattier/higher rosin content than CBD so I'm not surprised they burned super densely, haha. in any case, I do hope you find something that consistently works for you soon.

in other news, the dispensaries nearby have been getting really cutthroat with hundred dollar ounce sales, not that I'm complaining. somewhat lower quality stuff but it's all getting decarbed and thrown into butter anyways so whatever

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I am this close to getting my dad to smoke now that hes retired. He never even held a bud before. All was leaf for him.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

LifeSunDeath posted:

got some new carts they're gonna be lit:

I always thought Nuke looked delicious.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

YeahTubaMike posted:

Like some others alluded to there's still a sweet spot between "none" and "too much" and I try my best to only buy indica strains that compliment relaxation or appetite.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I got this weed a while back and just now looked it up and it turns out it's totally bootleg. not sure how my buddy got it, he's in a legal state, but maybe his friend from chicago gave it to him, he's been known to have fake carts and poo poo which is dumb. Anyway, it's pretty insane how people sell fake bags and UPC labels online and it's just fine because it's all meant for black markets...

the weed was good tho ngl

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

"bootleg weed" lol

most of my friends in chicago still buy from their old dealers because the dispensaries are crazy expensive there. i avoid black market carts because there can be hosed up stuff in them but actual weed should be fine.

cracker
May 12, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Bootleg weed is hilarious. The packaging for "bootleg weed" I see from the northeast looks way cooler than California packaging.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
here in bc there was a period of time with grey market dispensaries with great selection and access to look and smell and stuff then the pigs shut em all down

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah it was a funny time when those shut down. Some Canadian comedians I follow had two pot shops on their block and were commenting that it was funny how much busier they were in the weeks before legalization took effect, because they were having going out of business sales.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

LifeSunDeath posted:

I got this weed a while back and just now looked it up and it turns out it's totally bootleg. not sure how my buddy got it, he's in a legal state, but maybe his friend from chicago gave it to him, he's been known to have fake carts and poo poo which is dumb. Anyway, it's pretty insane how people sell fake bags and UPC labels online and it's just fine because it's all meant for black markets...

the weed was good tho ngl

tbh those UPC labels scream black market cuz they didn't even bother to fake the name of a lab on there

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
And 4-character batch ID numbers.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I just think it's funny that they even sell the UPC labels pre printed like it's hard to print them. It's not enough that people have to scam they also have to be lazy about it.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

LifeSunDeath posted:

I just think it's funny that they even sell the UPC labels pre printed like it's hard to print them. It's not enough that people have to scam they also have to be lazy about it.

The label printer I use at my job, which clearly has a full roll of tape in it, acts like it's empty half the time and won't work.

So... I get it.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
They’re doing it by quantity I bet so they spend the (probably not a lot of) money upfront to hopefully make more later

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Fury Edge is a better dry flower vape than Dynavap but Dynavap wins in any filtration setting. Seriously it ain’t even close

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Since I figured out I could throw unground flower into the Fury capsules, it’s become SUCH a better vape

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Which is the latest of those that I should buy? I am getting back into regular flower for sure and I do like the convenience of a battery vape

Looking on the site the Edge Slide Edition is on sale https://www.healthyrips.com/store/p113/FURY_EDGE_SE_Bundle.html. But same for the Rogue

VAS is real :shepspends:

edit: the rogue is just bigger and I don't need the most portability so that's how we're goin, gently caress it

Macichne Leainig fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jul 8, 2023

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I enjoy my planet of the vapes one. I have never tried any other battery flower vape. I can put a small bud in without grinding, and then when it's done I grind it in the bowl with a toothpick. It's so brittle from drying out it grinds with just a bit of pressure. Then I vape it again. In fact, I just did that a few minutes ago.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

weed.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Pfft. A trifle!

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Make sure to grab the WPA and the dosing capsules! Really brings it all together.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Macichne Leainig posted:

Which is the latest of those that I should buy? I am getting back into regular flower for sure and I do like the convenience of a battery vape

Looking on the site the Edge Slide Edition is on sale https://www.healthyrips.com/store/p113/FURY_EDGE_SE_Bundle.html. But same for the Rogue

VAS is real :shepspends:

edit: the rogue is just bigger and I don't need the most portability so that's how we're goin, gently caress it

Dude the edge has served me well and I cannot praise it enough. If you have that and a Dynavap, combustion becomes very very easy to avoid. Just remember, you don’t have to break up flower unless it’s a big. The more intact the better because it retains all the trichromes and other poo poo that gives you an extra bump

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I absolutely got the WPA and a pack of dosing capsules too. One of the long stems too for good measure but I think I can just reuse my dynavap BB stem lmao

TheKub
May 11, 2006

I had some HHC last night and I don't hardly remember anything. We watched the last episode of DEVS and I am going to have to re watch it. The skin flush I got was nice but the memory hole is too much for me.

What has been y'all's experiences with HHC?

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
What’s the general recommendation on timing with gummies for helping with sleeping? I’ve used gummies before, never as a sleep aid, but some family members have been going through some medical issues and it’s giving me insomnia. Last night I took 10mg at 7pm, had a pleasant high until about 11, then went to bed around 12 and slept better than I have in probably the past two months. My home state (PA) only has medical marijuana but I’m vacationing in Jersey, where it’s legal recreationally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

4 hour sweet spot before bed sounds about right as 5-10mg of THC edibles for me takes at least 2 hours to kick in, lasting about another 4 hours. There's definitely variation in how much it can help or prevent me from falling asleep interacting with what I've been doing, ate, or drank right before bed, but overall I give the evening weed sleep aid a thumbs up.