Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

priznat posted:

I am due a rewatch of that, loving rules. I just love George C Scott in it so much.

Also wow it has been 10 years since Ebert died. Dude’s a legend.

People have their time on this world and then it ends but I legitimately miss the critiques Ebert could’ve given but can’t.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

spielberg should have hired him for Dial of Destiny and then got John Landis to do his thing

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/JayBauman1/status/1676924121509134336?s=20

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

At this point Hollywood needs to start a standardized rating system that easily identifies how much of a sex pest each celebrity is and put it next to their name in the credits. It’s exceeding my ability to keep track of. It can be a simple 1-5, 1 can be your run of the mill mostly harmless cocaine-fueled consensual sex addict and 5 can be Bill Cosby.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I know a place jay where nobody will sell your data because it's not a "viable market". A place where everybody knows your name. A place with a one time cover charge of 10 bucks

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

you monsters dont just not mind shia's misogynist abuse..... you celebrate it

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

hit dah bricks, you can leave!

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Being contrarian about social media is so 2010. Grow some balls Jay and start writing notifications for new RLM videos with a quill pen and send them out in the mail.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

holy gently caress jay is leaving twitter? they really are in trouble

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i believe he's saying he's remaining on twitter because they've already "collected" his "data", a stupid, insufferable take

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Shia is good in American Honey. A movie where he plays a disgusting junky scummy idiot. But he's really good in it. Underrated movie

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

oh ok duh. elon munsk is lucky this time.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

ProperCoochie posted:

Shia is good in American Honey. A movie where he plays a disgusting junky scummy idiot. But he's really good in it. Underrated movie

i was about to make fun of you and call you grandpa because you had made up a shia labeouf movie that was a mixture of honey boy and something else but it turns out that is a distinct film. guess mr abuser just went through a years long period of making honey and peanut butter films

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

youtube put a big joel video about crazy rich asians in my feed, and now I'm upset all over again about that stupid loving movie. it's so evil and bad on so many levels, I'm half inclined to make a video essay about it

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

kalel posted:

[...]I'm half inclined to make a video essay about it

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

maybe we should all make one video essay.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Reporting kalel for selfharm

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

That DICK! posted:

i believe he's saying he's remaining on twitter because they've already "collected" his "data", a stupid, insufferable take

https://twitter.com/jaybauman1/status/1676974303651217408?s=46&t=7IX9GxbIEPra1x9IFSEgww

Now That’s What I Call OPSEC

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
let me know if you want to collab bro

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Pham Nuwen posted:

I'm cautiously optimistic about Oppenheimer, and I want to go see Asteroid City, and then there's DUNC2, and somehow I've only just heard about Killers of the Flower Moon which also looks promising.

Is 2023 actually going to be an ok year for movies?

We got a nightmarish masterpiece from Ari Aster and are about to get a Scorsese/DiCaprio teamup, Neil Breen's magnum opus, and then later an insane Frankenstein story from Yorgos Lanthimos. 2023 is a really good year for movies

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

LanceHunter posted:

Goddamn, so apparently all you have to do to get into the good graces of this thread after assaulting multiple partners (including beating one until she bled and sexually assaulting others) is to have said some not-entirely-positive things about a major director. What the gently caress has been going on these last couple of pages?

:goofy:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

despite how evil it is and how it is progressively getting even worse, it's still too convenient to do away with. people will complain about it and blame other people for perpetuating its existence, and yet refuse to acknowledge their part. it's a shared hypocrisy we all agree to mutually ignore so we can continue to enjoy the material benefits it provides without guilt.

but enough about capitalism. twitter loving sucks! just delete the app!!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

[thread full of photoshopped pictures of shia labeouf being horribly murdered in vietnam] oh so you guys all just love him and want to give him a big smooch on the lips huh??? Do you not know of his crimes???

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

We got a nightmarish masterpiece from Ari Aster and are about to get a Scorsese/DiCaprio teamup, Neil Breen's magnum opus, and then later an insane Frankenstein story from Yorgos Lanthimos. 2023 is a really good year for movies

it's going to be looked back on as a good year for movies but in reality it's a good four months for movies. the quality is entirely backloaded, absolutely nothing of note or quality will have been released until september

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Milo and POTUS posted:

I know a place jay where nobody will sell your data because it's not a "viable market". A place where everybody knows your name. A place with a one time cover charge of 10 bucks

The Manhole?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

hahah oh jay :allears:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

lmao okay jay whatever you say bud

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

fuckin christ now I'm starting to feel bad for all those years I spent stealing the garbage out of their warehouse dumpster

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

love the old man energy of thinking data collection boils down to 'theyll have your email!'

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

kalel posted:

it's going to be looked back on as a good year for movies but in reality it's a good four months for movies. the quality is entirely backloaded, absolutely nothing of note or quality will have been released until september

I think you're forgetting the smash success and critical darling from January: (sound on)

https://i.imgur.com/33uEEJo.mp4

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/shrimpJAJ/status/1676961629517529089?s=20

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

kalel posted:

youtube put a big joel video about crazy rich asians in my feed, and now I'm upset all over again about that stupid loving movie. it's so evil and bad on so many levels, I'm half inclined to make a video essay about it

On old crazy cat lady twitter this take would have gotten you cancelled for being racist as gently caress.

Luckily on new divorced deadbeat dad twitter this take will get you cancelled for not being racist enough.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Endless Trash posted:

[thread full of photoshopped pictures of shia labeouf being horribly murdered in vietnam] oh so you guys all just love him and want to give him a big smooch on the lips huh??? Do you not know of his crimes???

lol

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

kalel posted:

I tried it during the height of the hype about it and could only get halfway through it. Every character is grating and broad as hell and very little of it is actually funny.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
will be my first movie of the year

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I genuinely had no idea about the shia stuff until this morning. I can't say if I had access to that information that I wouldn't still have photoshopped him running away from that plume of napalm but now I've just made a mental note that next time I'll put my time and effort into photoshops starring thread darling Max Landis.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The author of crazy rich asians ditched his mandatory military service in singapore and also the film was a failure in china because it is insanely culturally american chinese not chinese chinese.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
indiana jones and the mystery of hitler's treasure

https://i.imgur.com/ImzjGeN.mp4

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I didn't know his crimes but now that I do he certainly sounds like a piece of poo poo.

I don't think anyone here has any inclination to sweep stuff like that under the rug, if it's ever missed it's probably from a place of ignorance. I don't see the need to yell and swear over it

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Stink Billyums posted:

will be my first movie of the year

Jesus balls that runtime directors I'm begging you to start using intermissions again I have to piss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Indiana Jones is completely unequipped to handle even one of Shocker's battle cyborgs.