Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
what is the earthen bulwark shotgun build

I'm doing fine as a tornado druid doing NM 28+ atm, but I'm curious how it works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
give me a unique where i can be a conduit glowball all the time

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Kaysette posted:

give me a unique where i can be a conduit glowball all the time

Some of the shrines have such good gamer feel. The artillery one is also so sick

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I just hit one of the lightning ball shrines and then ran immediately into the butcher and just zapped his rear end to death this game is gud.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

fighting an epic battle for the cursed greed shrine only for it to make enemies drop 40 gold

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

NM Hell tides. I want some real goofy poo poo going on during the tides.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Inarius is bitchmade and canonically only scored once so I'm glad I didn't have to sully my hands

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Season 1 theme should be Maury: Sanctuary Edition where they try to figure out who Mephisto hosed to father Lilith and how he is spawning any children when he has nothing below his waist.

You need to ultimately collect a demonic DNA test and burden Mehpisto with child support payments so that he can never afford to leave hell.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Time posted:

Yeah I switched away from it because 1. Wolf tornado build is rly fun and 2. Seems like it’s probably bugged???? I did a 7 mil bulwark explosion and there is no way that’s intentional

I don't have anything to make Wolf stuff fun (no Tempest). All I get are bear drops. :saddowns:

Damage multipliers in this game are weird. As much as I'd like to throw in and say bugged, I genuinely think that's just how weird poo poo in this game can be, especially after looking up how others are doing the Bulwark Shotgun style of sitting low health. I'll take my jank and leave that poo poo to people who wanna ride the lightning.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Tiny Timbs posted:

fighting an epic battle for the cursed greed shrine only for it to make enemies drop 40 gold

Greed shrines are so trash, why do they exist. Might as well just be a run speed shrine.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

weird that you can't change your haircut

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Why does Mephisto get to have all the fun? Where are the daughters of Terror and Destruction?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

SettingSun posted:

Why does Mephisto get to have all the fun? Where are the daughters of Terror and Destruction?

Diablo is too pointy and Baal has no dick

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

WarEternal posted:

Greed shrines are so trash, why do they exist.

To taunt the player letting them know gold will always be the great limiter.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

SettingSun posted:

Baal is canonically a virgin.

Diablo possessed a guy to have sex with Adria and spawn himself as his own daughter.

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?
Diablo is a confirmed sex haver

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Mephisto has social skills. The other two? Pfft

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

it's nice Mephisto has more to do in this one after Big D and Baal had endboss moments

Shodai
Aug 18, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

it's nice Mephisto has more to do in this one after Big D and Baal had endboss moments

I bought Diablo 4 because I thought I could fight Diablo. Total scam game.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Mephisto gonna have revenge on all those MFers from D2.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The whole family is just a bunch of rednecks with their drama.

Diablo is his own grandpa.

Baal an angsty virgin

Mephisto with all his family poo poo

King Cocoa Butter
Mar 24, 2021

Don't be ashy.
This is probably a hot take for gamer dads but I wish they'd just make item aspects all collectible and the aspectdex stores your highest roll. Then you're never in the situation where you can't upgrade or respec because you're missing a critical aspect that you've only found 1 of, but it still leaves room to chase that perfect aspect roll and get some improvement from a better drop. And once you get it, you can forget about hunting that aspect again, forever.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Mephisto is the highlight of the campaign. His line about like "well we all have our rough patches, don't we" was phenomenal

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Shodai posted:

I bought Diablo 4 because I thought I could fight Diablo. Total scam game.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Mephisto is the highlight of the campaign. His line about like "well we all have our rough patches, don't we" was phenomenal

really funny how he's the level headed brother, first forced to organize the family reunion in D2 and then watches his bratty daughter doing poo poo on earth in D4 while admitting "yeah, poo poo's messy, lol." He was the perfect choice of Prime Evil to basically tell you that the balance is hosed up so he's willing to play ball

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Need an 'Interview With A Vampire' style movie with Neyrelle chatting with Mephisto, with Diablo as Lestat.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008
Finally after 400 tries I'm free

It was actually pretty good fight as far as challenge bosses go, scratches the same itch as running a sl1 dark souls or something. I'm gonna guess this will be more accessible later with seasonal power creep.

Pff
Aug 17, 2012

zoux posted:

I mean, it's just not ARPG design philosophy to do that. ...

Ok, but I'd like to trade my perfect Umbral so I can do like, 10, maybe 12 more enchants then. I feel like trading would really balance out the consumable chase-ness.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I don’t know if this a quibble for anyone else but I kinda wish uniques had a color that was not super close to the color legendaries are.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Make em purple

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
finished the campaign last night at level 42, it was alright.

what's the best way to grind some levels and get into WT3 stuff? side quests for renown and whispers?

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

SettingSun posted:

I don’t know if this a quibble for anyone else but I kinda wish uniques had a color that was not super close to the color legendaries are.

:hai:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If you have Amazon Prime and a Twitch account, there is a free mount you can claim now.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Pellisworth posted:

finished the campaign last night at level 42, it was alright.

what's the best way to grind some levels and get into WT3 stuff? side quests for renown and whispers?

Reknown for skills.
Helltides and Whispers for some quick items.
Legion events and NM dungeons for XP.

Finish the capstone dungeon as early as you can and then try to mooch a helltide in T3 for some early sacred gear, which will be a big jump in power (especially a high ilvl weapon).

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

If we're forced to keep the current Aspect system, can they please make it so if you mouse over or "pick up" an aspect in your inventory and stash, other same aspects will light up? I spent like an hour the other night, while keeping my sick toddler busy watching TERRIFIC TRUCKS, cleaning up the stupid amount of aspects that I had collected on the path to getting to level 70. I was able to melt a ton down by just slowly organizing into groups but holy poo poo would it have been nice to more easily find each of them (I had a few instances of at least 1 of a specific aspect being in each of my four tabs; I got rid of so many bad ones and now just have, at most, 2 of the ones I might use and 1 of something that is rare or off-spec that I dont expect to use).

I'd also like a way to change up by build entirely. I have a bunch of things that make it look like a Frenzy Babr would be hella fun but I'll never find out because my current build is amazing and I definitely do not have the effort to change it just to test if some probably-meme build about stacking Frenzy up 8 times and running every attack speed boost I can find. I would also like to try doing something where I pull guys in with Chains, Kick them to trigger vuln, then... something, I dunno what, but again I'll never find out because there is no way in hell I have the stuff stockpiled to switch away from my current build, set up the new one's items and aspects, then go back if i dont like it.

Philthy posted:

It gets way better once you hit your 60s and start getting your paragon board filled in and get more fury generating items. That's the one thing I feel like this game needs to improve is the resource build and spend loop. The other Diablos were never this rough with it. I feel like the skills should be half the cost of what they currently are or put some innate regen added in by default. If you haven't gotten lucky with a fury generating ring it's kinda brutal.
This is obviously build dependent but I felt like my Walking Arsenal (Lunge, Double Swing, and Death Blow) Barb has always been fine without an Umbral equipped. I guess I sorta built it to be not super Fury dependent and I've adjusted it over time as my items and build change, but I have liked the flexibility. Though I guess more flexibility would be nice...
I have only found a small handful of Umbrals, and only one that adds 4 per, so I have never actually used it. If I find another 4 per or at least a 3 per I will slot it in so loving fast. I'm not even sure I need it, but it would open up using some aspects that do things when I generate more Fury when already at max.

Hell Yeah posted:

i should be able to kill an angel in this game. i hope that's what they announce.
I really want this. I wanted to stab Inarius so bad.

Horizon Burning posted:

i really like female barb a lot more than the others I've tried
I like my female barb's VA, yeah.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Reminder that this stream at 2pm eastern starts with 15ish mins of Diablo Immortal news before they get into D4 :confuoot:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ehud posted:

Reminder that this stream at 2pm eastern starts with 15ish mins of Diablo Immortal news before they get into D4 :confuoot:

Gotta make people stick around, they know that no one would watch for the Diablo Immortal news.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
was struggling with my HOTA build in NM60s so I swapped out wrath of the berserker for iron skin and finished an NM70 in one try hell yeah

Marshal Plugnut
Aug 16, 2005

The code to the exit is 1125

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I would also like to try doing something where I pull guys in with Chains, Kick them to trigger vuln, then... something, I dunno what,

I'm doing this and can recommend it, if you do decide to give it a try. I can't remember the names of the aspects, but I have the ones that buff core damage after stacking primary attacks, and the one where kick resets leap. The general style is frenzy to build rage, chains to suck in a bunch of enemies and apply vulnerable, HOTA the cluster of enemies, kick away the stragglers (refreshing vulnerable), leap over (refilling rage), and HOTA again. It's good fun to control the battle by basically punting enemies around the screen, and gives you survivability options by kicking elites out of your face as necessary.
2h weapon expertise, slow on bleed, and the umbral aspect really helps to keep rage up for HOTA action too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I got a 4 essence umbral ring on my level 80 bone necro and it's stupidly good.

I'm vaguely considering dumping bone splinters off my bar since I never need it now and putting skeletons on there for fun, but I'm not sure I can keep them alive without investing more points and energy in them than I would like.