Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

:haw:

e: of all the ways to snipe :negative:

Trabant has a new favorite as of 06:09 on Jul 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/crulge/status/1676859523519385601?s=46&t=LuWlVigXSHv3TXi-WVRPYA

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

King poo poo

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Real human being and a real hero

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Is that the same CirclMastr who is a goon?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I listen to Conan's podcast when theres a good guest and normally would have been very excited for Harrison Ford but the new Indy was so loving bad I think I'm too bitter to even bother right now.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Tenebrais posted:

Is that the same CirclMastr who is a goon?
probably, since it was luelinks where the whole leveling thing originated and you know how those venn diagrams look

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

codo27 posted:

I listen to Conan's podcast when theres a good guest and normally would have been very excited for Harrison Ford but the new Indy was so loving bad I think I'm too bitter to even bother right now.

He gets really mad at conan for bringing notes to a podcast so thats kinda funny

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Harrison Ford seems to just hate everyone who isn't Ke Huy Quan. He loves that guy.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

codo27 posted:

I listen to all the eps, I'm not the biggest Harrison Ford fan, and I think this was one of my favorite Conan interviews, pretty fun, you should give it a try.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Come on down to Facebook's Twitter Killer we got:
Brands

Cringe

Theft

Algorithms

https://twitter.com/giggitygreg/status/1676931797358084099

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/Lobsterboyy/status/1667013214654144514

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

codo27 posted:

I specifically didn't read anything about the movie, assuming it would be bad. What made it bad for you?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Dameius posted:

I specifically didn't read anything about the movie, assuming it would be bad. What made it bad for you?

For me, what makes movies great are great characters. You dont get much inspiration out of Indy in this one. You'd also expect Mads to be a memorable villain, he isn't absolutely awful but really there wasn't much either of them could do with this script. His posse of henchmen are also just utterly, utterly bland, with no explanation ever given for any of them.

Theres no charm to any of it like the originals had, it just goes from action sequence to action sequence and none of them very good. The climax goes completely off the rails, then its basically just hand waved away. Overall, there isn't one good thing to say about it. It makes Crystal Skull look like Raiders.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

quote:

“I’d tell people, ‘If you saw the hot dog picture downrange or in Germany and also in CONUS, then I can check another thing off my bucket list,’” he said. “They’d say, ‘What’s that?’ ‘International male model.’”
aww he has a sense of humor about it :shobon:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That guy has seen himself photoshopped gobbling every flavor of dong under the sun, ofc he has a sense of humor

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

zoux posted:

Come on down to Facebook's Twitter Killer we got:
Brands

Cringe

Theft

Algorithms

https://twitter.com/giggitygreg/status/1676931797358084099

https://twitter.com/lizlubz/status/1676741801829335040?s=20

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

codo27 posted:

For me, what makes movies great are great characters. You dont get much inspiration out of Indy in this one. You'd also expect Mads to be a memorable villain, he isn't absolutely awful but really there wasn't much either of them could do with this script. His posse of henchmen are also just utterly, utterly bland, with no explanation ever given for any of them.

Theres no charm to any of it like the originals had, it just goes from action sequence to action sequence and none of them very good. The climax goes completely off the rails, then its basically just hand waved away. Overall, there isn't one good thing to say about it. It makes Crystal Skull look like Raiders.

That's basically word for word how I'd describe Crystal Skull so if this makes that look good in comparison, oof.

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

Harry Lime posted:

for the last week my sponsored ad's have almost exclusively for this game with the image changing on the gradient of "plausible deniability horny" to "overtly horny"

lmao, whoever is running adds for this game decided they were being too subtle with v1

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Why do people need a structure around which to jack off? It's not like it's hard to find hentai.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

zoux posted:

a structure around which to jack off

Tell your mom hi

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Harry Lime posted:

lmao, whoever is running adds for this game decided they were being too subtle with v1

Oh it's a browser game. I assume it's optimized for Edge.

zoux posted:

Why do people need a structure around which to jack off? It's not like it's hard to find hentai.

I'd rather they use a hentai game than a playground.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Lobok posted:

Oh it's a browser game. I assume it's optimized for Edge.

IE6 SP2 with both Macromedia Flash 5 and Sun Java JRE 1.3, thank you very much!

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

I'm absolutely not going to look into it, but I give it 60/40 odds it's a base builder or similar, that besides having a woman as a tutorial NPC, is 0% horny. This is an Evony, and I'm not falling for it again.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

I'm absolutely not going to look into it, but I give it 60/40 odds it's a base builder or similar, that besides having a woman as a tutorial NPC, is 0% horny. This is an Evony, and I'm not falling for it again.

oh god i cant stop cumming

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

I can't believe that's allowed on the SA forums!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Look, if you have a top hat fetish that's on you bud.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/TheCumpound/status/1676935290466840576?s=20

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I'm absolutely not going to look into it, but I give it 60/40 odds it's a base builder or similar, that besides having a woman as a tutorial NPC, is 0% horny.

Don't quit your day job. It call itself an "idle RPG", it is apparently one of those gacha games (you unlock everything with lootboxes) and screenshots for it look 90% horny.

The remaining 10% are the textboxes, because the font is the only thing that isn't horny.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Ambitious Spider posted:

Kurosawa’s Shakespeare adaptations are amazing though admittedly haven’t seen Throne of Blood yet.

Look up the story about filming the final scene of Throne of Blood, but only after you watch the movie.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Harrison Ford seems to just hate everyone who isn't Ke Huy Quan. He loves that guy.

Here's a third hand anecdote, from a friend's sister in law. She worked at the desk at the private terminal at the Jackson Hole airport, which was packed with the rich and famous. Would have probably been the early 90's. Harrison Ford comes up to the desk and asks for someone to pull his plane around and hand over the keys. She says sure, what's your name? He's taken aback, and says "you don't recognize me?" She says no, sorry, I've only been working here a few months. He laughs and says "I'm Harrison Ford" and she gives him a puzzled look that says I don't know what that's supposed to mean. He laughs and says that he's been in movies, and these days he very rarely runs into people who don't immediately recognize him, and that it's refreshing.
So there's one other person that he met who he didn't hate.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

canyoneer posted:

Look up the story about filming the final scene of Throne of Blood, but only after you watch the movie.

Here's a third hand anecdote, from a friend's sister in law. She worked at the desk at the private terminal at the Jackson Hole airport, which was packed with the rich and famous. Would have probably been the early 90's. Harrison Ford comes up to the desk and asks for someone to pull his plane around and hand over the keys. She says sure, what's your name? He's taken aback, and says "you don't recognize me?" She says no, sorry, I've only been working here a few months. He laughs and says "I'm Harrison Ford" and she gives him a puzzled look that says I don't know what that's supposed to mean. He laughs and says that he's been in movies, and these days he very rarely runs into people who don't immediately recognize him, and that it's refreshing.
So there's one other person that he met who he didn't hate.

He reportedly initially got together w/ Calista Flockhart because she had never seen Indy or Star Wars.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Riven posted:

He reportedly initially got together w/ Calista Flockhart because she had never seen Indy or Star Wars.

Ah so she was a fan from American Graffiti

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The beginning of Apocalypse Now.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/charlesraustin/status/1677002571825676291

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh no, my many children!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/Mulboyne/status/1676918382237720577?s=20

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

codo27 posted:

Dang. That has me thinking, which movies have the best henchmen? Top might be Robocop where Boddicker’s gang has personality and are distinct individuals. Dredd did good work making it feel like the goons lived in the building, and Batman 89’s were having fun. I liked Skyfall but it felt odd that his henchmen were all male models. I know Die Hard did that too but oh well.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Dang. That has me thinking, which movies have the best henchmen? Top might be Robocop where Boddicker’s gang has personality and are distinct individuals. Dredd did good work making it feel like the goons lived in the building, and Batman 89’s were having fun. I liked Skyfall but it felt odd that his henchmen were all male models. I know Die Hard did that too but oh well.

Did they ever make a Venture Bros. movie?

If not, Spaceballs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Silly Burrito posted:

Did they ever make a Venture Bros. movie?

comes out on the 25th in fact.