Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

T5 Jean on Death's Domain would be funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Opopanax posted:

The T4 Snowguard checkmate

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

uXs posted:

I'm going to guess here that Jeff doesn't have to obey Jean. It wouldn't make sense to make her the singular exception.

I'm also going to predict that Jean will be bugged as poo poo. There's no way they will have tested her enough.

And a gameplay report: quite difficult to rank up this season. My old favourite Moon Girl + She-Hulk deck didn't seem to work, neither did Bounce. I was able to get High Evo Control to 90 today, but it was a slog. Maybe I'll try a Phoenix deck tomorrow for the rest. Phoenix has been winning against me all day so maybe it's just good?
I swept from 70 to Infinite in the first day with Patriot/Ultron and threw in Shadow King as tech, it was pretty breezy. Ended up swapping Cyclops and Shocker for Mr Sinister and Onslaught; I'd include Iron Patriot if I had him.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Opopanax posted:

I was thinking the other day that Legion is going to lead to a lot of BM decks

"Oh sorry, just dropped Legion on Death's Domain, game is over"

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

I can't tell if Legion is going to be super good or too gimmicky

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Concurred posted:

I can't tell if Legion is going to be super good or too gimmicky

i just want a variant that looks like dan stevens. that tv show kicked rear end

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

flatluigi posted:

i just want a variant that looks like dan stevens. that tv show kicked rear end

It was like finding a psych rock record in a pile of boring 70s arena rock trash. There will never be a marvel property as weird as gently caress.

Still love reading reddits tears about impending token holocaust.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

First game, turn 1 kitty pryde into quantum tunnel hoping for sera, it hits.
Turn 2, sentinel into quantum tunnel hoping for bishop, enchantress comes out and knocks out sera.

Next game, opponent plays turn scarlet witch turn 4 and hits TVA before either of us have set up, they win by 1 point

What a game

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I liked the part when Thor said "Mjolnir, to me!"

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
My personal opinion: Jeff can be moved anywhere but has to be played under normal rules

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Snazzy Frocks posted:

My personal opinion: Jeff can be moved anywhere but has to be played under normal rules

NOTHING CAN STOP YOU ( Jeff)

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
Couldn't move phoenix force on turn seven after it copied hulk buster, actually two phoenix forces from whatever the location is that makes a copy of a played card. I'm not sure if this is a hulk buster thing or a turn seven thing though

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

So every once in a while I'll have a match where the opponent has Daredevil out, I snap turn 5... and then they stay in and make an obviously losing play, only to retreat on 6. I've never understood why, but I think I figured it out: There's probably people out there that don't know you can tap on the facedown cards Daredevil shows you to see what they are.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

cinnamon rollout posted:

Couldn't move phoenix force on turn seven after it copied hulk buster, actually two phoenix forces from whatever the location is that makes a copy of a played card. I'm not sure if this is a hulk buster thing or a turn seven thing though

Neither, it's a Phoenix Force thing. As I've said before and will no doubt need to say again: gaining the ability to move is part of Phoenix Force's OR and comes after the creation of a copy is triggered. So if you copy PF as it comes into play with Sinister London or Bar Sinister, only the original will be able to move.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Does a unmerged pf move?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Does a unmerged pf move?

No. Its OR is "merge with a previously destroyed card and that card gains the ability to move". Thus, no merge, no move.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm

Jedit posted:

Neither, it's a Phoenix Force thing. As I've said before and will no doubt need to say again: gaining the ability to move is part of Phoenix Force's OR and comes after the creation of a copy is triggered. So if you copy PF as it comes into play with Sinister London or Bar Sinister, only the original will be able to move.

I guess, the original was also unable to move though

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

So the card is being copied before the on reveal is finished? That's so rear end backwards.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Cattail Prophet posted:

There's probably people out there that don't know you can tap on the facedown cards Daredevil shows you to see what they are.

I always hope this is the case when my opponent plays DD

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Cattail Prophet posted:

So every once in a while I'll have a match where the opponent has Daredevil out, I snap turn 5... and then they stay in and make an obviously losing play, only to retreat on 6. I've never understood why, but I think I figured it out: There's probably people out there that don't know you can tap on the facedown cards Daredevil shows you to see what they are.

loving WHAT? I thought he just showed you where cards were going, not what they were! Holy poo poo, this changes everything..

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

New Leaf posted:

loving WHAT? I thought he just showed you where cards were going, not what they were! Holy poo poo, this changes everything..

loving lol.

Daredevil is great, this is why.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Even if you don't click you can see the cards if you squint

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

How were you supposed to know that though? His power activates and you see the locations on the board where cards are going, I thought that was the whole point. Nothing tells you "Hey you can tap on these to flip them!" Why would you ever try that?

Edit: I've been trying to see this for myself and in 4 games I haven't gotten DD once..

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jul 6, 2023

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Lol new leaf ain't you p3 complete?

When I got uatu the watcher is when I learned you should just tap things to learn more

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jul 6, 2023

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Long complete.. Everyone is laughing at me but really, how were you supposed to know that he did anything other than show you the locations and number of cards played? I figured that was powerful enough.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Protip: If something looks glowy and special in a game you should try interacting with it to see what happens

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm taking this to Reddit, I can't be the last one to find this out..

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

New Leaf posted:

How long have you been playing this game exactly? And posting and reading about it on this dumb website?

Holy poo poo indeed.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I played beta and dropped it, then picked it up again in the Fall. To be fair, I have 1 deck that even uses Daredevil, its not like he's been staring me in the face for months.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Man I want to do invisible woman tomfoolery so bad but no one wants to let me have any fun

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Oh, I just assumed those were bots playing badly

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Cattail Prophet posted:

There's probably people out there that don't know you can tap on the facedown cards Daredevil shows you to see what they are.

Honestly, I had to reread this a few times to even understand because "click on the cards to see them" seems so obvious to me.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Whoa. I didn't realize that credits capped out at 10k. Of the cards I use regularly and have variants for I'm simply fine with where they're at visually.

I was already going to ask today if there was any reason to spend/not spend now--but now I have to a bit, I guess. I haven't really been paying attention to Snap's upcoming updates.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

The Sean posted:

Whoa. I didn't realize that credits capped out at 10k. Of the cards I use regularly and have variants for I'm simply fine with where they're at visually.

I was already going to ask today if there was any reason to spend/not spend now--but now I have to a bit, I guess. I haven't really been paying attention to Snap's upcoming updates.

Are you seeing that or did you read about it? I've surpassed 10k after they changed the safety net rules earlier this year. It was a former rule to cap at 10k to prevent people from staying in p2 for so long

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

The Sean posted:

Feel free to spend, but don't open your caches if you're saving for the spotlight coming next week.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Devo posted:

Feel free to spend, but don't open your caches if you're saving for the spotlight coming next week.

That's what I was wondering. I wasn't sure if it was a "spend them all while you can" week or "save them for next week" week.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Are you seeing that or did you read about it? I've surpassed 10k after they changed the safety net rules earlier this year. It was a former rule to cap at 10k to prevent people from staying in p2 for so long

I'm at 10,075 credits and when I try to redeem a 100 credit mission it says:

Credits Full
10,075/10,000
You are full on Credits and can't collect any more.

Spend Credits on upgrading cards.

[Got It!]

edit: also, for context I've been Pool 3 complete for a long time

The Sean fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 6, 2023

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

New Leaf posted:

Just to be clear, hje can also see face down cards (like that location where cards aren't revealed), not just the cards that were dropped on that specific turn.

Daredevil is basically Perfect Knowledge Turn 5 and I love him for it

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
I didn’t know that either until it happened by accident after like a week. I didn’t have Uatu at the time. I thought being to see where they played could be a nice advantage by itself.

You have to admit, there are a lot of things about this game that are not spelled out. That can be okay if the concept is clear enough in some other way. Or if there were some “clear enough” rules you could refer to about basic concepts like the ordering of “play” and “reveal” or end of turn stuff so you could make a reasonable guess. But a lot of times, you just need to play it or try things to figure out WTF happens. I mean it’s fine, but it shouldn’t be that way, IMO.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
It took me a bit to realize DD could see the actual cards, but I noticed that you could see the character outlines and quickly figured it out from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

DeepDickPizza posted:

It took me a bit to realize DD could see the actual cards, but I noticed that you could see the character outlines and quickly figured it out from there.

This has to be on PC though, right? I can't make out anything on mobile.. Just red wiggly circles.